Montana is not the beast he was

(Nick Infidel) #21

It’s not a problem at all. Montana is not assassin, and should not be played as such. I find his dash to be the most useful to save your teammates or minions. This was before the patch. The knock back is good, and even better with the helix. I always pick it. And if you do stun and your team is paying attention, even a 1 sec stun is great. Yeah it was pretty fun when you could stun 2 at a time, but I would rather knock them AWAY reliably, to give my team a chance to push.

2 Likes
(Cast Iron Chef) #22

This is pretty much what I use his dash for. That and to try to get melee characters off of my ass so I can either kill them or get away.

1 Like
(30% more flak) #23

I’m just wondering if they ended up fixing his damage exploit too or if it’s still in the game…

(Hobbit Warrior) #24

Damage exploit? I thought I was already familiar with most of the dick moves in this game. What exploit is there/was there with Montana?

(30% more flak) #25

He could instant kill you. If they haven’t yet removed it I think it best more people don’t know, it’s indeed a dick move.

(Aurox, omnidimensional horror) #26

Dude, that is a glitch/possible hack, no way is it an exploit

(Hobbit Warrior) #27

Yeah, you’re right. The less people who know the better. Wouldn’t want people taking advantage of something that dangerous. Best all around I say.

psst. send me a pm

1 Like
(30% more flak) #28

Well, not a hack. But you can exploit glitches so. That’s what I usually call it.

(Ambra's Arbiter) #29

Did he? Do you have any proof? I legitimately don’t know so if that sounds agressive and like it’s implying you down its not meant to

(Skeksis Syl) #30

Best slow in the game on the largest modeled character honestly doesn’t mean a whole lot to me. I will simply reiterate that weakening Montana in any way is stupid and unnecessary

1 Like
(Aurox, omnidimensional horror) #31

He is not weakened and the slow does matter when against some one with an extremely high DPS

(Skeksis Syl) #32

Your interactions within these forums have always led me to believe that you do not get aggressive(I have been more prone to aggression than you have)

My only proof is the command screen saying 1 second

2 Likes
(Skeksis Syl) #33

Lowering his stun time DOES make him weaker. Weakening him in any regard is completely absurd.
“Extremely high dps?” Like who?

(Ambra's Arbiter) #34

Aw shucks
And yep, that would be it. I didn’t even know it was displayed. I don’t play as Montana lol

(Aurox, omnidimensional horror) #35

Ok it makes him weaker, but he is fine, his DPS is comparably high, top 3 or 5

(AXTONMANIA ) #36

Dps is worth naught when you get super focused to be fair. He’s not exactly easy to keep alive even with a pocket Miko. That stun helped escape.

(Jennerit Supremacist) #37

He has powerful CC on all of his abilities, massive damage output and two different ways to get damage reduction. If it wasn’t for the fact that he is such a massive target I would say he’s overpowered. Every character needs to be countered by something and Montana’s is that he’s easily focused by ranged characters.

I really question why this thread exists. In the same update where nearly every AoE got nerfed you are complaining about his survival.

2 Likes
(Skeksis Syl) #38

Had a match with him yesterday. His stun seems like it hasn’t changed. Lumberjack blast is definetly still bugged(hehehehe) what I do think is wierd though is that blast has changed somehow… I can’t stun people from the ground when they are in the sniper nest on overgrowth. Makes me sad… Other than that he seems unchanged to me

1 Like
(Jennerit Supremacist) #39

If my memory serves correctly the text always said it was a 1.5 second stun and now it says 1 second. That change would be barely noticeable. It very well could have been a 1 second stun all along and it was just changed to the correct text. Kind of like how Kleese’s energy rifts say they have 0 health in the menu.

Either way I feel like a lot of people on this thread are overreacting.

(Skeksis Syl) #40

It does not feel like 1 second. It takes about that long for his chain gun to wind up.

I love Montana but I really don’t like the idea of any changes making him feel any less viable in any capacity