More buffs to come?

Starting with today, I finally think they’re listening just a little bit (hope the big GB keeps it up) and the buffs we got today we’re pretty good, like some of the best in awhile. The Hellwalker, it finally feels like a Legendary, it finally feels like a Jakobs. They should continue buffing weapons that really need it, to make em feel more like a weapon to farm for.

2 Likes

They’ve been buffing weapons for the past month. Between 3 hotfixes they’ve now buffed around 40 legendary weapons along with all grenades. Notable ones would be the Monocle, Headsplosion, Smog, Ogre, Lucian’s Call. As for listening, yeah, they’ve been listening for a long, long time. There’s just a gap between how fast we’d like things to change and when they hear that feedback, make the changes and insert them into the game.

2 Likes

As a cynical critic of the game, I have to admit, the game does feel a lot better than when Mayhem 2.0 was introduced. I’m happy that GB are buffing items opposed to nerfing them like in the infancy stages of the game (which made me become cynical).

The forward progress is encouraging and has made me start playing again. I haven’t had this much fun playing BL3 in a while.

1 Like

I just do not get why it is 3 guns or 5 guns a time. I could easily number fix every damn red text by next Thursday

4 Likes

The problem is it’s just a trickle. And the approach is a bandaid over a ripped artery. Since MH 2.0, the major problems continue to be the scaling.
Unexpected background interactions - like enemy weapons being scaled to M10 when they scaled chest weapons. Shields have still not been touched, and certain enemies can take you out in one shot.
Splash damage instantly downing you.
Grenades still only just OK, still do not do much damage wise. Only good for triggering anoints.
Action skill balance, some are now way OP, others still ineffective. FL4K’s pet damage in particular.
Fixing 3 to 5 weapons at a time? It is something but does not even approach attacking the real problem.

If things worked correctly, a weapon would be really good in Normal mode.
Not OP and wipe the floor, just really good.
Then as you go through TVHM, then Mayhem levels, it would still be good but be a little less effective the higher you go. At no point would it be OP and wipe the floor.
If it was properly implemented, on the back end there would simply be a percentage slider that could be used to dial it in.
As we all know, that is not the case in any way shape or form. There is such a convoluted system, changing one thing that should have zero bearing on something else, aka loot chest giving Mayhem level weapon, should never be tied to the enemies spawning with that level weapon.
And there are alot more that we will see as they try to “fix” the mess they have created. The root cause has not even been touched…

1 Like