Move the Release Date Up a Day

It’s possibly the dumbest reason in the world, but would 2K/Gearbox consider moving the release day up 1 day (or moving it back 1) as it is slated now to release on Friday, September 13th. Friday the 13th. Again, fully admit this is stupid, but the press releases write themselves if anything goes wrong, even a little.

1 Like

I would not count on that. It’s just another day.

1 Like

Luckily, I’m not superstitious.

/touches wood.

4 Likes

I hear that Jason, Michael, and Freddy that live down the street from Gearbox headquarters love to have parties on Friday the 13th. Coincidentally, they also have a lot in common with Borderlands psychos…activities including putting heads on pikes, invading your nightmares and other fun stuff.

4 Likes

5 Likes

As a teen, with some help from my friends, I literally set up a contraption that would allow me to break 13 mirrors simultaneously while walking repeatedly under a ladder. Went off without a hitch and, if anything, I’ve actually had better luck since then.

Also, I would point out that a vast majority of people have not been murdered by a supernatural serial killer on Friday the 13th. I don’t think there is much to worry about.

1 Like

Borderlands 3 has me pretty excited too!

17 Likes

IPAc1CV

The people in the Gearbox marketing department while looking at a calendar to pick a release date:

tenor%20(4)

To be fair, I probably suspected this when I saw the date and completely ignored it. But now that it’s been pointed out I am giggling. Of course, it changes nothing. I’ll see you guys on line at the munitions vendors. :grin:

Maybe Marcus will have a Black Friday the 13th sale. :thinking:

6 Likes

You might have a point there. Sept. 18th would have been fun as the 7th anniversary of BL2’s release, but that would have put the launch on a Wednesday… (Then again, the BL2 launch date was a Tuesday.)

3 Likes

Don’t believe everything you read on the internet kids. The vast majority of people are DEFINITELY murdered by a supernatural serial killer on Friday the 13th. In states like Montana it’s actually the most natural way to bite the dust.

Hats off to you Hattie!
Incidentally, Hatt(y) Hattington is one my favorite NPC’s of any game ever. And the end song of Battleblock Theater is possibly the most sad/most happy song I’ve ever listened to.

2 Likes

How funny would it be to have a chance to run into Jason in game on Friday the 13th?

If it will make you feel better you could listen to this while playing on your superstitious day.

1 Like

A more mundane reason to release it early would be so that kids could take Friday off from school to play.
Mind you, I’m not advocating truancy. But I know that I’d let my twins stay home to play. As it is now, Friday will be DL day in our home.

1 Like

well as the game is already gold why not release it before 13th if that would be any issue at all

1 Like

Rather, imagine the press releases if they actually decided to delay the release date due to superstition.

Now imagine all the havoc gamers would release if this actually happened.

I’d be more interested to know what time of the day the game releases in various time zones. Still no word about this.

And I just realized how many time I used the word “release” in this post.

1 Like

They should release the game…uhhm…10 days before the 13th. Yes that would help with all the things

2 Likes

My hope is that we have a smooth launch and the servers stay frosty. Other game companies, I won’t name names, have not had such good luck on launch day recently.

1 Like

Honestly, I’ve never played a game at launch before, so this is a new experience for me. If it’s great it would be awesome, but I’ll be happy even if it isn’t. I’m in it the experience at this point.

2 Likes

Well for PC players in the states it actually releases the 12th lol

3 Likes

Same! I haven’t pre-ordered a game since middle school!

2 Likes

It’s the first game I pre-ordered. And I started playing games when diablo II came out.

1 Like