Movement from Overwatch to Battleborn?

Just got into my first game as the only level 100 on both teams. Noticed a lot of lower level players on both teams. Possibly a sign of Battleborn weathering the storm and possibly pulling back players? Think it is a great thing newer players are getting into the game.

6 Likes

I played overwatch during open beta. It was great. Played battle born when it came out, never went back to overwatch

2 Likes

I was excited for both BB and OW and let me say this, i am a die hard fan of both blizz and gearbox but after 2 hours of OW i was like nah. Hope what you say is true and BB gets huge, best game ever

3 Likes

Battleborn still didn’t reach 2.5k players since DAYS, since 4 days actually.

2 Likes

It´s 2,5k playing at the same time, not total number for the day.
And if you take a closer look at the steamcharts, you´ll see that the playernumber actually increased again… the number of people playing at the same time is only on steam (10am-2pm european time from 800 up to 1300 or at 10pm from 2100 up to 2300)… and don´t forget that consoles are doing a lot better nowadays, not only for this game.
I bet it will increase in the next month again, just like the Borderlands franchise only grew over time after a low start… and that game didn´t get advertised too back in days (atleast here in germany).

1 Like

Just remember that Borderlands had a slow star too, some people have written off BB already but that’s just unrealistic. People forget that early sales are mostly due to good marketing or big brand names but that’s not an indication of a game’s lifespan or playerbase. The big cash cows might make more money, but we’ll see which games have a bigger playerbase a year from now :wink:

5 Likes

Thanks captain, I totally didn’t know that.
I check the amount of players very often and it’ sadening.

Idk what system you use, but PS4 had noticeable increase due to the sale, which is great :smile:

Had no luck convincing any of my OW playing friends to switch to BB though or at least give it a try. Well, I’ll continue spamming them with BB content… maybe I can mindwash them enough haha

3 Likes

I play both OW and BB. OW is a quite boring and unbalanced game. It allows player to pick 6 same character.

Well it’s a shooter and pretty much Team Fortress 3.
I remember the salt of fighting against 6 pyros…
I’m glad we don’t have this in battleborn, but if only we had like… 15/20 more battleborns we could remove the mirror aspect of the game (fighting against the same character as yours)

1 Like

Idk, seems like players on PS4 are leaving. It’s taking 10-15 minutes today to get a match started, when it usually takes 5

See alot more new players on XBox1 the last week (CR10 or under) - I´m only CR37 myself, thanks to work -.-
Sooo yes, definately feel fresh blood rushing in on XB, but not everyone under CR100 is a newbie to Battleborn :slight_smile:

GBX has made a few great games in recent history, Battleborn and Borderlands are both truely amazing games, sadly GBX’s greatest weakness in my opinion is their lack of ability to properly advertise. They need a better marketing department all around.

2 Likes

Most people I’ve talked to say OW is fun but gets boring really fast due to the mindless repetition. Its not gonna die because Blizzard but its riding solely on marketing hype.

BB on ps4 I never have trouble finding matches

1 Like

I’m not sure how much they have to do with the marketing I would think the publisher is in charge of marketing and gettin the game out there for people to buy. Gbx always puts as many videos and lil things like that on YouTube before a game comes out. I remember for BL2 they had 3or4 2 hour playthroughs with the devs playing. I wasn’t really following this game before release so I don’t know what they did for it.

The problem with 2k is if its not a basketball game or WWE then they wont market it correctly bc they were burned with evolve

1 Like

Evolves problem is that it was a 60 dollar minigame

1 Like

I’m one of the top Goliath players on ps4, USA. Not sure how you’d think it’s any more of a mini game than Battleborn. There was just as much if not more strategy in hunting or being hunted as pushing minions towards Minrec/sentry

1 Like

Ive observe the amount of players on steam for a while.I can say that for the last week the player base is stabilizing.Its not dropping anymore but its not rising either.

1 Like

That comparison would only really work if Battleborn was JUST meltdown and NOTHING else.

Evolve is essentially just Juggernaut mode from halo. One player is the monster versus everyone else. It would have been fine as a mini game in another game but by itself it is NOT worth the price.

1 Like

I dont think your logic is correct tho i would agree that evolve wasnt worth its price far from it,but to say multiplayer only games with a mode or two are not worth their price is simply wrong.It depends on how good it is and how big is the community.I paid for lol,dota 2 and csgo more than 10 times of any AAA price and i think it was worth it.You can sink hundreds or even thousands of hour in to these games trying to get better at it just like chess or other sports.These games are evolving around its players.Thats why bb is hardly worth it at this point for people who want to take pvp srsly since there are not many to compete with.