Moving to the TVHM Level

Yaaay… I managed to kill Handsome Jack and the Warrior but this has left a few queries that you may be able to help with:

1. I assumed that moving to True Vault Hunter Mode would bring a base game level of 50. Mine has stayed at 33. Is this correct?

2. Is it possible to increase the number of Backpack items? I have seen a couple of walk through’s with around 27 slots.

3. Since killing the Warrior all my add-on packs (eg Capt. Scarlett & Her Pirate’s Booty) have vanished from the Mission Log. Do I have to buy these again? I was hoping to finish some of these off.

knighm

[quote=“knighm, post:1, topic:1293385, full:true”]

1. I assumed that moving to True Vault Hunter Mode would bring a base game level of 50. Mine has stayed at 33. Is this correct?[/quote]

No, that is incorrect. Normal mode starts at level 1 and ends at 30. True Vault Hunter mode starts at level 30 and ends at 50. Ultimate Vault Hunter mode starts at 50.

Use Eridium (the purple currency) to buy backpack expansion slots from the door where Crazy Earl lives in Sanctuary. He’s located between Moxxi’s bar and Marcus’ shop.

[quote]
3) Since killing the Warrior all my add-on packs (eg Capt. Scarlett & Her Pirate’s Booty) have vanished from the Mission Log. Do I have to buy these again? I was hoping to finish some of these off.[/quote]

True Vault Hunter mode has its own completely separate mission log and it starts out completely blank just like when you first started the game for the first time. Those add-on packs don’t need to be repurchased (lol what a terrible business model that would be). The reason they aren’t in your True Vault Hunter mode mission log is because you haven’t started them in True Vault Hunter mode yet. Your mission log back in Normal mode is exactly the way you left it.

And just to avoid potential misunderstanding, this bit:

Means that you can start the game, hit the character select button, choose either mode (Normal or True) and pick up where you left off in that mode, but with all the weapons/skills/perks you had the last time you played in either mode. Note that in BL2 you will also find yourself in the last map location you were at the last time you played regardless of mode UNLESS it is a location you have not discovered in your current mode yet. (It doesn’t work this way in TPS.)