Moxxi DLC loader changes

Now that we’ve got loaders back, there are some differences I noted in the 2.0 models. My observations might not be totally correct.

• Exploders. First, no blue blast radius indicator. Second, the blast radius seems to be smaller. Third, the seem to do less damage than in BL2.
  • Sgt loaders. Not much change.
  • HOT loaders. They seem to fire their flame weapon slower, so they’re less dangerous than in BL2.
  • RPG loaders. The grenade barrages seem to be easier to avoid, and the individual grenades seem to be less damaging.
  • ION loaders. Missing in action.
    What have you noticed different?
    Note I’m not mentioning cleaning bots and so on cuz they weren’t in BL2.
    –RoA
1 Like

I went back and played Borderlands 2 just the other day and agree that the loaders in 2 were a lot more aggressive. The lack of power loaders (I think that was their name) to deflect back your bullets made it a lot easier too. It’s a common theme on 3 for me that I can just hold down the shoot button and go to town whereas in 2, you had to think about what weapon you were using.

I really liked the Handsome Jack DLC nevertheless and the loaders were still nice to see. But lack of badass loaders and other bots kinda made them easy to take down.

3 Likes

Thank god.

When they die the explosion seems to not do any damage anymore, which is really great for a melee Amara. I can’t count how many times I went down because I forgot that in BL2.

Constructors seem to have lost their rocket launcher, which again makes me very happy.

Do you count Surveyors? If so I’m grateful that they now hover in one location instead of zooming across the sky.

BTW, maybe I wasn’t paying attention but where is everybody getting that this are Loaders 2.0?

@spacebubbles22 Aren’t there a dozen of Badass shock and freeze loaders?

2 Likes

They still fly around quite a bit, and will sneak up to PEW! PEW! PEW! you in the back. Their shock damage seems to be toned down - looks like it’s no longer splash?

1 Like

If there were, they barely phased me. When a badass loader came at me in 2, I had to use cover and think about my attack. From what I saw myself in the DLC, their attacks didn’t really damage me all that much for me to need to take cover.

That being said, I think BL3 has a lot more health regen than 2.

1 Like

@spacebubbles22 Oh yea I see, I totally forgot that the BA Loaders in 2 were these big difficult six armed “transformers”.
No wonder you “missed” them they are just a little beefier versions, looking like the wandering dept collector.

3 Likes

Surveyors. Larger and generally more stationary than their Bl2 equivalent that only ever held still when either shielding/repairing something or when temporarily getting confused with their pathing. Also, I believe (not 100% sure because I was playing part of the DLC with a Transformer shield on and didn’t pay attention) that their primary fire is now non-elemental instead of shock which is a nice little change.

3 Likes

This is very much the case. All Vault Hunters now have a means to recovering their health that is not tied to overly specific conditions or too limited (Zer0 back in Bl2 only could heal himself either through melee kills which required a very specific build to even be possible on UVHM or whilst his action skill was active, a small amount of passive health regen with points in Innervate). In the end, you almost always ended up running some kind of Moxxie combo to even stay alive.

2 Likes

I forgot to mention surveyors!
Yes, their flight path seems to be less active.
Also, and the most interesting change to me, is their offense.
In BL2 they had one big shock blast, that would absolutely take your shield down and possibly your heath. They also fired that blast even if you killed them, as their last revenge. In BL2 it was kill a surveyor, move to the side to not have your shield gone.
In BL3 they fire a number of puny little projectiles that barely affect you at all. I care nothing at all about a BL3 Surveyor blast.
–RoA

2 Likes

Honestly I kind of preferred it that way. It made you think about where you were, using your map and what weapons you were using and why. I think this was why a part of me loved the DLC (Handsome Jack is my favourite character and I’m always team Hyperion) but also found it way too easy.

It’s also probably why the ‘difficult’ sections of any bonus content - such as maliwan takedown - is just spam. Spamming with rockets and Batista bots because otherwise all the health regen and perks of all the weapons and build we have kick in.

It’s not difficult, it’s just annoying more than anything xD

• RIOT loaders. Seem to be a cross between BUL loaders and the basher (I think) type of human enemy. Not very much of a problem, weapons are normal and the rushing attack doesn’t hurt very much.

–RoA

2 Likes

Have any of yall come across J3nkns? I opened a chest and a Wee Loader popped out, and got excited until I saw it was a normal Badass Wee Loader.

1 Like

No sign of Jimmy is yet!

Oh, and one more thing about surveyors;
In BL3 you can crit a surveyor. As I recall (after 8,000 hours :slight_smile: ) you can’t crit a surveyor in BL2.
–RoA

2 Likes

It’s funny and sad that you say that because anointed and triple bar enemies are in the game precisely to prevent us from doing what you just described. Yet, sooooo many ppl on these forums wail and rage against anointed and triple bar enemies. Some folks have gone as far as saying that they stopped playing the game because of anointed enemies :poop:. There is just no making all of us happy! :grin:

2 Likes

BL3 white, green, blue, purple, and orange tier games - buy the one that’s best for you! Eridium tier included free with orange for the hard core only (unlocked after speed-running orange tier on all characters with only found gear).

I mean, we kind of have that already. But because it’s all in the same game install, some folks feel obliged to try it all regardless of ability or comfort level. Which, personally, I don’t understand.

Back on topic: overall, loving the loaders. Only played through in normal so far (see first paragraph) so I’m curious if there’s anything additional that crops up in the higher difficulties/mayhem modes.

1 Like

So far no. I’m putting an Amara through the DLC (almost done) in TVHM/Mayhem and haven’t seen any differences in the loaders.
–RoA

Harder to hit crits, meaning less dismemberment?

Depends on weapon choice I think? Moze was blowing plenty of limbs off with one of a corrosive Skeksil or the blue unique mission reward that’s got bonus against loaders.

2 Likes

I haven’t found it harder to hit the crits, especially on EXP loaders. They moved the chest point to the middle, and it seems bigger.

Their voice lines are more varied and hilarious! :grin:

3 Likes