Moxxi DLC loader changes

I just stood in front of a few HOT and icy loaders (For Science) and didn’t notice that, my shield wore down before health started draining.
–RoA

1 Like

Thanks for checking. Something was bypassing my shields in some fights and I have no clue what is was. :<

2 Likes

I understand, I’ve had that happen to me also without a clue as to what particular weapon or enemy was doing so.
Happened other places that the Jackpot, so it feels like it’s a randomly distributed effect, not just loaders.
–RoA

1 Like

Did you have a last stand artifact and a transformer on by chance? Ive noticed it specifically with mk II’s charged electric ball attack - it still shows about the same with out last stand due to healthgate but the shield does show damage this way, with it the shield is completely full before you can notice being hit

I will retract my previous research.
I’m in the Impound right now, and a HOT loader did just do 60% damage to my health bar without touching my shield.
It was not his flame thrower attack, it was something else, I think his fireball. I tried to get him to repeat but he put me into FFYL so I hadda kill him…
–RoA

4 Likes

Ice loaders charge up similar to Hot loaders.
The cannons on Badass loaders isn’t a critical hit spot.
Surveyers will patrol a set zone, making them avoidable and less aggressive.
RIOT (I hate these) charge straight ahead but don’t go through obstacles on hit. Finally a shrub provides real cover.
Constructors are the laziest loaders now, no more instant beam between your eyes.

4 Likes

Yes they do, their Nades are the culprit, if you run a deathless it’s an instant FFYL if you don’t spot them early enough, no matter how high your shields it goes straight through

2 Likes

I’ve noticed they’ve changed a few things about how shields work. I use a transformer shield and I used to laugh at the robot dogs or the electric tripwires because I’d absorb it. Whereas now, even with the transformer, it still destroys my shield.

Not sure if it’s intentional - that flesh damage goes through shield or electric damage still takes down shield despite it supposed to being absorbed - but I kinda liked it. Had to think more about my positioning and using cover rather than charge headfirst screaming “FUS RO DAH”

2 Likes