Ok so here’s a few ideas which i think could make moze gear affect iron bears damage. i personally might prefer him to be more of a support than damage dealer, but eitherway.
Anointed: iron bear deal 250% increased damage while it’s active. This could make some interesting builds around rocketeer and bear trooper (?).
Example 1: Blast master + annointment, you’re a glass cannon
Example 2: Bear trooper + annointment, you’re a killing machine while piloting your mech with increased duration and reduced fuel cost.
Example 3: Rocketeer + annointment, you have a capable support turret with auto bear.
terror annointments are dynamic in that you can switch between weapons while terrifed to benefit from a different bonus, same could be applied here for auto bear. for instance, you switch to a “20% bonus incendiary damage while auto bear is active” weapon, you’d increase your damage, while IB lose his. Switch back, and he do increased damage again.
add a Damage reduction to iron bear, straight up as defult. IB already have 50% health increase, give it 50% DR aswell. 90% less DoT damage (70% vs cryo and corrosive). might be overshooting it, but i do believe DoT damage is what screws IB over the most, atleast that’s how i feel when i’m using him in slaughter shaft for example.
this could allow IB to be somewhat useful for builds that aren’t excplict built around it as difficulty increases. it could help IB survive more out of the box but would still need stainless steel bear skill etc, which is essentially a duration skill increase skill. it gives more health, true but it doesn’t matter without any damage mitigation i don’t think, could be wrong though.
Revisit some of the augments and make them syenergize more with Moze. Possibly ditch his need to reload entirely for some of augments. currently, i feel the reload have a bigger impact on his damage than the fact that he deals pretty low damage as it is. (blast master CAN give him decent damage, but again modifiers usually screw in my experience).
- Molten roar augment for the salamander doesn’t seem to benefit from splash damage, for example(i could be wrong). this would have been a good option to use during +70% elemental mayhem modifer if you used blast master. allthough, with +70% elemental damage modifer it does kinda melt anything flesh, problem is - a lot of things at higher activites has either shield or armor, or both and if you use specialist bear, you build into dual wield the same weapons, which kinda screws it up. that said, i’ve not tested the corrosive augment much. The nuke and most of the augments in DW does benefit from splash damage already, but aside from the nuke - all of them deal normal damage which i notice is often impacted by mayhem modifiers more than anything else. plus, it’s a neutral damage type so it doesn’t really have any benefits against anything.
- Bear fist, same here. doesn’t seem to get any benefits from +melee damage.
Dakka bear, maybe make it a 3 point skill allow it to fire automatically.
- 1 points: adds a turret to the back of iron bear which deals incediary damage to nearby enemies, can be manned.
- 2 points: increase damage by 15%, changes to shock.
- 3 points: increase damage by 20%, changes to corrosive(or cryo)
Direct moze buff. she need more than vampyr to survive. boosting IB would help obviously. but i feel that she should have something else aswell for builds that doesn’t include IB. Force feedback in Shields of retribution tree needs to go, atleast the current iteration. i’ve seen a lot suggest to make it function the same as axton’s able, or quick charge (i’m not sure which, or maybe both?). that would be perfect. her skills in SoR already ramps up her damage the more she kills, why not allow her shield to regen while she takes damage? bloodletter already make shield recharge rate super slow so i don’t think it would be to OP, right? bonus: grant iron bear the ability to share moze shield.
I just hope they’re not going to give iron bear a damage boost through a class mod, i think it would restrict possible builds around him far to much - we already see this with dominant class mods. it reduces build options IMO.
i usually wish for a dash ability for IB whenever i talk about ways to improve him, turns out he actually already have this and i’ve missed this completely (not sure how, i use him a lot)
it’s her action skill, IB should be somewhat functional however you choose to play, to some degrees. my suggestions most definitely may not be the best way to do it, but i think it would allow iron bear to be a more flexible action skill, a lot of options on how you want to impact IB, as much or as little as you want.