Hey guys, Nootmad here. After seeing a lot of discussion about Moze and her class mods over on the official discord, i thought i might bring this over to the forums to see what everyone thinks. So anyway, heres what i think about Mozes class mods. If you guys dont enjoy reading, i made some videos going over this too (part 1: https://youtu.be/_-KXhgXEAfo , part 2: https://youtu.be/b8KJyP2iVj4)So here goes.
- gives Moze access to a lot of gun damage, as it boosts skills like Desperate Measures and Phalanx Doctrine.
- Allows for the effective use of amp shields like the One-Shotter and the Rerouter. Slow firing, heavy hitting weapons work incredibly well with those shields as the fact that bloodletter turning hp regen into shield regen (combined with vampyr + grenades) lets you have full shields almost all the time and lets you hit those crazy damage numbers
- Too much gun damage isnt always a good thing. In those difficult end game content situations, you ideally want to be introducing different types of damage into your build (splash, elements, etc…) and basically all bloodletter does is give yuo gun damage. I actually made a video on this too and why its important to spread out your damage types if you guys wanna check it out too (https://youtu.be/vFFxWlfuNeU)
- If you really wanna make bloodletter work the best (and max out your gun damage), you have to put yourself under health gate to synergise properly with desperate measures (a skill that gives you gun damage based on how low your health it). Due to not having health gate, you can go down real quickly in certain situations
Overall: Bloodletter is a solid class mod but a bit restrictive in nature
- Its an easy access to a crazy splash damage boost as long as you dont reload. the vast majority of Moze builds dont even reload anyway so that makes this class mod really versatile with a lot of builds
- gives you a point into redistribtion (a skill that gives you ammo AND health regeneration) which is really damn good.
- Fast firing, low magazine, high ammo consumption splash weapons (even after mag boosts) dont synergise well with blastmaster at all, so theres a high chance you wont even get to the maximum splash bonus. Flakker, sandhawk etc… In that sense, you’re better off using a different class mod that can utilise your guns more effectively
Overall: Blastmaster is a really powerful class mod, but is kinda restrictive in the top tier weapons it can synergise with
- Lets you have an Auto Bear out that lasts a really long time. This lets you use hardpoints like target softening to ‘slag’ enemies and helps moze do more damage.
- Auto Bear can also draw aggro and helps a lot in situations where mobs will be swarming you (take the crystal charging areas in the new guardian takedown for example). This in turn lets moze be more accurate with her aim as you wont be too pressured by mobs. (technically increasing your DPS because youll be hitting more shots)
- It also boosts Torgue Cross Promotion which boosts splash damage and splash radius. Making it very good to use with splash weapons
- Iron Bear and Auto Bear by extension, scale very poorly into higher level of mayhem so the damage it can dish out is quite low. All the iron bear coms share this same issue
- Doesnt post any innate buffs to Mozes dps (as it focuses on auto bear usage) due to its increased cooldown. and hence limits her ability to constantly access ASE damage bonuses
- Damage from a splash based mindsweeper build is absolutely insane as the micro nades spawn from splash damage, crit damage, elemental damage and whole bunch of others.
- Pull the holy pin (the skill that makes grenades crit) also affects the micro nades so in effect, they can spawn multiple from eachother, creating a really huge damage cascade
- some bosses and mobs have hard to hit crit spots so that limits the mindsweepers ability to deal constant damage as opposed to something like a blastmaster, that gives you an always active damage buff
Overall: Mindsweeper is a terrific class mod for most situations, but lets you down in a handful of situations. Far from a negative drawback though.
- Can make Iron Bear builds last for ages due to its stainless steel bear point increases and its special effect. Bear Trooper enables Iron Bear to have really big armour amounts and can therefore take a lot of damage, while dishing it out too
- Bear trooper gives Moze 0 buffs, as its a pure Iron Bear class mod. this limits the ability for a flexibile moze build.
- Much like rocketeer, Iron Bear didnt scale well into higher mayhems, and this fact significantly draws back its potential
Overall: Poor scaling impacts this class mods viability, but once an Iron Bear buff happens, im sure this class mod will be very valued for an Iron Bear build.
- Lots of lifesteal, helps moze play a bottomless mags build with incredible survivability.
- Boosts means of destruction (ammo regen based on splash) and this can enable a rocket spam build that also has a high level of survivability
- Rushin Offensive, Redistribution AND Vampyr are all typically picked up in the vast majority of Moze build. Those skills combined give moze plenty of survivability and it gets to a point where sapper becomes redundant. You would rather use a class mod that can boosts mozes damage as surviability becomes a non issue when you have those skills
Overall: The Sapper is a solid class mod but became somewhat redundant after the recent Moze buffs
- Corrosive bonus damage is incredibly welcome for moze as typically, she would have to use ASE annoints to get them, which means spamming Iron Bear (gets tedious after a little while). A bottomless mags playstyle synergises very well with this class mod, and boosts the damage really nicely too
- Green Monster boosts Scorching RPMs, which boosts Iron Bear damage, so this makes the green monster class mod a flexible class mod that can enable both a moze and iron bear build simultaneously
- Certain guns require signifcant investment in the bottomless mags tree to work efficiently and this limits green monsters ability to work with every gun. to get to max corrosive damage, it takes about 15 seconds of non stop firing. Guns like the sandhawk consume ammo incredibly quickly and wont work well with green monster unless you invest very heavily in ammo regen and magazine size.
Overall: The Green monster class mod is incredibly solid, but restricts the flexibility of skill tree selections if you choose to use certain weapons.
- Promotes a very aggressive and powerful Iron Bear playstyle due to its effects giving you more damage based on how often you take damage, and reducing fuel costs the more you kill enemies. Really fun to play with. Pretty much the key to a very strong Iron Bear build.
- Much like Bear Trooper and Rocketeer, poor scaling and inability to buff mozes damage draws back its potential.
Overall: The class mod is fantastic for an Iron Bear build, but poor scaling severaly affects its usability.
Anyway, those are my thoughts on all of Mozes Class Mods. I’m really keen to see what you guys think about her class mods and how you would change them to make them better! (or worse if you think so )
Thanks for reading!
Nootmad out o7