Moze Takedown Death Spheres

I’ve been getting pretty deep into Takedown solo. The only issue I’ve been having are the death spheres. I’ve tried atlas weapons, even with the increased projectile speed, the projectiles can’t keep up. The rockets from IB do little damage. I can kill them when they stand still, which is rare.

Any ideas?

I get why Amara is so powerful. She can hold things in place.

1 Like

They’re annoying, but if you can get right under them and cryo them that works for me. They freeze pretty quickly with a cryo kyb’s.

2 Likes

What M level are you running? If you combo chain lightning and sabots, Autobear can do decent damage to them. On M4 he can injure them, but on M3, I think he can sometimes kill them outright.

If you have the DLC, the Ion cannon is a must have for soloing the takedown, IMHO. It’s amazing for getting back up, and if you chain overkills, you can drop some of the badasses in one shot.

1 Like

Also I’ll add, it depends what mod you’re using. Blast master, iron bear can kill them pretty easily using the explosive miniguns on M4. Rocket pods too obv, just harder to hit them.

1 Like

Explosive miniguns are ridiculous on IB now.

2 Likes

I agree… A little weaker than rocket pods, but the Cooldown is so much quicker than the pod reload. And you can snipe things out of the sky a lot easier. Really only seems to work well with mind sweeper and blast master though.

1 Like

If you’re not speced in DW but use a blast master mod, you can still self heal with vampyr, so he’s viable without going into the tree, provided you don’t wanna spend the 11 points to get autobear.

1 Like

Still gotta get the means of destruction to try to keep grenades up sadly though (especially since it’s a fools errand anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

that’s a funny way to spell Big Boom Blaster :sweat_smile:

I haven’t been able to kill Wotan on M4 yet, but my Moze has soloed the Squad with nari a scratch

1 Like

Fair point on BBB :smile: I’ve been trying to use other shields, but that’s the only one that’s kept my grenades up somewhat so far. But nice work on the squad!

1 Like

To be fair, I use an ASE spamming build that focuses on the brainstormer and ion cannon to kill them, and I wear a recharger with that. The BBB is awesome for mobbing but fails when most hits do 12-15k dmg. In those cases, you need health Regen to get you back to health gate and to ensure your shield is full enough to protect that Regen

1 Like

I can stay alive most places with BBB, but I’m trying to move away from it with ion cannon since my reserves get maxed out enough in takedown just from the ridiculous amount of ammo drops as it is. I also want to try things that require different shields (got a fun idea for 0.m and security bear, but… Grenades.)

1 Like

(also when I say most places, I still haven’t beaten Wotan either, so not that one)

1 Like

I wish security bear recharged and was more predictable in autobear instead of going away forever if you’re not in the mech. It would open up a different playstyle of kinda staying around his ankles. And yeah me too. I don’t like feeling tied to specific gear on any vault Hunter

1 Like

I’m still doing that for a couple seconds right about now, but it would be nice if you could build around it to that extent. Especially since it would give moze a second way to stay alive a bit

I’m trying to experiment with alternatives; firestorm can keep grenades up without BBB, but can’t keep up life in takedown (or any place with a roof). If I can find a maddening tracker anointed for 20% chance to regen a grenade when IB takes damage, it might open things up a bit (though it might not work with SB.)

The only way I’ve been able to get away from the BBB is using an ogre. And to use the ogre you have to build to buff it up as much as you can… But then you basically can’t use the SoR tree at all.

I might try a double downer build.

Yeah, I keep a double ogre handy for those “iron bear is down and didn’t give me enough grenades” moment, but it’s not anointed so it’s not doing all that much damage when I use it unfortunately

Mines only an airborn damage anointment. It’s annoying to use and get the full benefit from. It can do plenty of damage if I build for it, about even with a kybs, with the benefit of a ton of grenade regen. But it sucks against armor so I still have to switch to cryo or corrosive for that bar.

1 Like

Lol, I uh…have been running M4. I should probably drop that down a bit. I have made really good progress, but I forgot I was on M4. I haven’t changed it since it was released. I am still looking at adjusting what I’m doing from your posts. I feel like I’m the only one that hasn’t got an ion Cannon lol. All good though.

Thanks for the input. :joy::blush:

2 Likes