Mr. GJ's Weapons/Items Arsenal - Latest Revision: 22/04/2017

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #1104

Kinda depends on which Vial you use honestly.

Just keep it in the back of your head that its all RNG.

(Ajzolocsik) #1105

I started a new severe playthrough and have not gotten anything yet.

(Matīss Lociks) #1106

Oh yes, I did misremember name of the vial.
It’s “brutal” playthrough, not “insane”.

In short, on this playthrough with Brick I’m allowed to use only items acquired through using “brutal” drug vial. Exception beign healing kits of course. So the way I recall things went is that after finishing second playthrough I played DLCs in order. But then after I finished story of Knoxx DLC and enemies started scaling up to my level, at which point fighting lances became too painful for me. That’s why I started making runs on Ned’s zombies in hopes of finding a shield. Reached level cap by doing so. So there I am, still trying to find one.

So far I’ve found 13 legendaries and 3 pearlescents on the character.

@ajzolocsik On my brutal playthrough my first find was at lvl25, this thing:

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #1107

Okay the Brutal Vial has a lootpool which I believe is slightly harder then the vanilla games’ lootpool. So its natural not to run into things fast.

(Matīss Lociks) #1108

Yesterday I started a new severe playthrough too. With Lilith this time, btw I have never played with her.
It was fun challenge to find ways to get through many quests without any equipment.

Well, my expectation for first drop was to be some legendary that I from my experiences find to be common, like Dolos and Eviscerator. But the thing I got is pearlescent and something that I haven’t found before at all! :smile:

*location Lost Cave
I enjoy using it. Almost killed Sledge with the 3 shot mag, finished his remaining sliver of health with palming.

(Ajzolocsik) #1109

Nice one, good luck with the rest of your playthrough.Still have not gotten one in my severe playthrough though.

(Matīss Lociks) #1110

Severe playthrough.
Ridiculous! I return to Arid Badlands to finish last remaining Mothrakk and Baha quests, then after finishing them I fire some last shots at skag den before leaving Fyrestone for good. Well, would you look at that…

Haven’t even found a single legendary yet, but I find another pearl. And it’s a shield. Level 3 one however, but not having to heal myself all the time makes big difference now. :slight_smile:

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #1111

That’s a perfect parts comb. Immortal btw…

(Some say sic sense) #1112

Mate, I spent 50-something hours on my severe playthrough.

Not a single bloody drop.

Have fun.

(Matīss Lociks) #1113

Yeah, I actually didn’t think much of it at first, but for level 3 shield it just keeps beign very useful. I’m over lvl30 and at Trash Coast now.

Found some legendaries since, Abaddon and a non-Lilith class mod.

I still prefer using Depressor, very satisfying weapon to use despite its 3 round mag. Abaddon to me feels more like a bullet dispersion device, a bit too low accuracy for my tastes.

edit: Finished 1st playthrough. But before that I found another. Third pearl on this severe playthrough already!

Fun gun, a great tool for close combat. Was great for taking out melee guardians. Anyway somehow I’m finding more pearls than legendaries.

(kiedamon) #1114

I had a quick question about the item codes given for the different loot vials. Every time I try to add one to my inventory in willow tree it isn’t named properly (It’s just called “(new item)” ) and when I click on my character name in single player or multiplayer my game freezes.

Edit: Just to clarify, this only happens if I’ve used willow tree to add one of the loot vials to my inventory.

(Matīss Lociks) #1115

It’s called (new item) to me too, but it works just fine on my end.

(kiedamon) #1116

so you just copied the code and used import from clipboard? what version of the vial are you using?

(Matīss Lociks) #1117

Yes, imported from clipboard. Have used mediocre, severe and brutal vials without problems.

(kiedamon) #1118

Okay. That’s peculiar. I cant think of any reason it would be having problems then. I followed the instructions using the installer, had it auto run the .bat, which it did. when it didn’t work at first I deleted the .dll file it kept talking about but it still didn’t work. are you using steam or a disc version?

(Matīss Lociks) #1119

steam. Btw how long did you wait until you concluded that the game have frozen? Character loads longer than usual with the custom gear on, maybe your game is just fine.

(kiedamon) #1120

Not too long. task manager reports it using next to nothing though. and just having the vial in my inventory makes it take longer?

Edit: Also, it doesn’t even let me pick the play through. it just (apparently) freezes when I click on the character.

(kiedamon) #1121

Holy… Thanks. sorry to bother you so much. I thought rise of the tomb raider with its 5-7 minute loads was bad. joining the game for the first time took almost 14 minutes :expressionless:

(kiedamon) #1122

One last thing. if you can think of any way to speed up the load times off the top of your head, that’d be great. when I try and join my LAN game I can get into the character selection and pick my character, but when I hit ready to actually join in it freezes and I DC from the server.

(Matīss Lociks) #1123

I don’t know, I recall having long load times, but when I checked my custom character loaded just twice as long as normal character. I guess the memory about long load times is for first time loading character with custom gear or something. That or I recall taking long to load from times before I got more RAM for my PC.