Mr. GJ's Weapons/Items Arsenal - Latest Revision: 29/04/2018

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #1289

The installer version of the latest revision is live!

(jakesquarepants) #1290

I just downloaded everything and hopefully set it up correctly…

I haven’t really been able to tell if it’s working yet, although I got the vial in game, my toon isn’t a high enough level to use it. How would I lower the level requirement of the vial?
I tried adjusting the level slider in willowtree, but it just goes back to default upon loading the game back up.

(Some say sic sense) #1291

Make sure that you set it to level 1, setting it to 0 or ‘disabled’ can be faulty. Also, check if you clicked ‘save changes’ on the vial itself before saving the entire file.

(jakesquarepants) #1292

Ah, thank you!
I didn’t notice there was a “Save changes” on the actual vial itself, I was just saving the overall profile after making the change.

Thanks again

(jakesquarepants) #1293

I seem to have got it working! Though upon loading back into a game or joining another one, the stuff I got disappeared. So I’m not quite sure why that’s happening or how to prevent it, any tips?

(Some say sic sense) #1294

What do you mean by loading back? As in, when you load a save with the vial after playing a bit and finding some stuff, they’re gone?

Multiplayer can be wobbly if both players don’t have the pack installed, and sometimes even if they do. Sadly I don’t party up much, so I don’t know any solutions here.

(jakesquarepants) #1295

Sorry if I wasn’t clear…

Yeah when I got the items, I was in SP. When I joined a friends match, all those items I got were gone. (He doesn’t have any mods/packs).

At this point, I’m going to assume I’ll keep losing them if I play with friends, which is a bit of a bummer. Unless there is some way around it that I’m not aware of.

(Some say sic sense) #1296

I’m afraid not, it just happens.

You can either:
a) convince your friends to install the pack
b) make a copy of your save file for multiplayer and use that instead
c) just make another char for MP

If you REALLY don’t want to have 2 chars, I suppose you could export all TCD items to the WillowTree Locker before playing MP and import them back into your backpack once you’re done. HOWEVER, AND THAT’S IMPORTANT, I think that might violate the ToU?:

I don’t really think that counts, but I’d still ask TCD beforehand for permission. Or just use one of the other 3 options and be done with it.

(eZeKihel) #1297

It still does not work, even with the installer.
I attach a capture of the activation of the patch because it seems to me that it does not work properly:

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #1298

The installer literally takes care of everything for you. The only step you still have to make after using it is implementing a vial code in WT.

When doing so remember:

• New additions in your inventory MUST be saved individually before saving your character as a whole.
  • If the above doesn’t work, manually implement the vial, line by line into a newly created itemslot in WT. Don’t forget to save manually either this time.
  • Loading your savefile after implementing the vial will result in an elongated loadtime, at least for your first load. Depending on the system you run this might take a few minutes. The Arsenal is pretty much the most complex BL mod on the market today. It has tens of thousands of interlinking definitions. You don’t load that 1-2-3.

(Avsphan19) #1299

Hello Sir, I have previous versions of your weapon packs installed already. Would you recommend using the installer for the new pack? Sorry if you’ve answered this question a billion times already :smiley:

(Some say sic sense) #1300

Short version: yes
Long version: yes.

Do make sure to completely remove the previous version before installing the new one, though

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #1301

Its what Pixel said @avsphan19. Make sure you remove all the old version as they will start conflicting and being a bugger and use the installer at your leisure.

(Avsphan19) #1302

OK thanks. Got it working. Nice work as always sir.

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #1303

No problemo.

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #1304

One of the many times people have said to me they specifically bought BL1 for the PC so they can enjoy my work. Its comments like these that do it for me.

Single-handily beating piracy through supporting a game that you love!

Ps: Where is my Community Badass title GBX? I’m selling BL1 for you at this point. KAPPA

(3lolekmaster) #1305

Are bloodless rarity weapons now droppable with any vial? I don’t see anything about which vials drop bloodless weapons.

(Mike) #1306

Yes.

(Luisferreira2009) #1307

Hey!
i wanted to know how to mod some weapons just for personal fun like put fire rate like 300% put 3000 bullets and i need help for that i already tried to find how to do it but no luck whatoever only find for like willows tree and using the games parts but i want to do my way (ghoofy way) can you make like a tutorialfor that if you dont mind it?

thanks in advance
P.S.: i really like your mod but i still dont know if i installed right or not lmao

(The Gun Smith himself! :D) #1308

Too bad the patchnotes kinda got covered up by the new messages. But all vials can spawn 'm now. However dropodds are the same for all vials. So none is better than the next in getting them.

Which is to say. Pretty much not. (lel)

@LUF2K14 What you need to do is get the GOTY edition of BL so you can get your hands on the BL UDK.