Music and stuffs

Um, so yeah, this thread huh? @SirWalrusCrow let us share our musical tastes with the world (or Gearbox community, whatever)

Alissa White-Gluz performing one of my favourite Arch Enemy songs, originally sung by Angela Gossow -

Kamelot featuring Alissa White-Gluz and Elize Ryd of Amaranthe -

The legendary Tarja Turunen, ex frontwoman of Nightwish, and Alissa White-Gluz -

Pagan music!

And more Alissa White-Gluz!

Your move good sir :wink:

Pretty sure the title of this thread should be “i love Alissa” :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll consider changing it lol :3 Since you’re here Kitty, what are some of your favourite bands/songs? Genre is irrelevant here, I’m not entirely biased toward metal :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

A couple of my favorite bands (for those it wasn’t made obvious yet in the music topic)

It’s only the tip of the iceberg, but should give some idea’s.

2 Likes

I was waiting for you to arrive :stuck_out_tongue: Different sub-genre preferences, but metal all the same \m/

1 Like

Metal is my preference. But i listen to a range of different music types.

Here are a few of my most favorite metal bands that i listen to on a daily basis.

Amon Amarth

Old Mans Child

Insomnium

Dark Tranquility

Not shown - The Project Hate.
Whos previous works have been removed from YouTube entirely for some reason, only leaving the newest crap which refuse to listen to.

3 Likes

I only know of Amon Amarth out of those, I’ll give the rest a listen \m/

2 Likes

This topic just screamed to be posted in. :stuck_out_tongue:

Random fun fact: the latin in my usertitle is from the AN song I posted above.

This is hysterical. Thanks for that :joy:

1 Like

1 Like

Considering what I just posted, and some of your song preferences, this was timed beautifully :joy:

That is a fun fact! I’ll have a listen.

1 Like

Dark Tranquility and Old Man’s Child are pretty amazing, if you ask me. I’ve seen the former live some years ago.[quote=“Slif_One, post:12, topic:1558896”]
Considering what I just posted, and some of your song preferences, this was timed beautifully
[/quote]

Totally unintentional. Yup.

1 Like

This is what I love about music, and especially metal, and for that matter gaming too! We all have different tastes and preferences, but we come together under one common banner to share, discuss, and ultimately be totally cool to each other! I ■■■■■■■ love these here forums <3

1 Like

Totally not saying that because I’m in the drunken “I love everything” stage by the way, and my literacy never fails me! :stuck_out_tongue:

Did I mention that I love Alissa White-Gluz? Kitty may have said something to that effect.

Nemesis live with Alissa White-Gluz -

1 Like

What was your opinion of Angela? I assume you prefer Alissa?

1 Like

I have nothing against Angela, she was good at what she did and Arch Enemy always wrote and performed good songs, I just think something was missing, both have their own unique styles but I prefer Alissa’s harsher growls and her broader range, I think she reinvigorated AE in the same way that Angela first did when she joined them, I didn’t like AE’s first three albums. You once said that Alissa always looks the same, I think Angela always sounded the same.

I hope she (Alissa) does clean vocals on their next album or her upcoming solo album, she’s a surprisingly good singer and was so good with The Agonist.

Do you prefer Angela? I know many older fans do, I’d actually love to hear them both perform together on stage or an album, I just think Alissa has more depth.

1 Like

I don’t prefer either as I’ve never really been an AE fan. But i was still curious of your opinion since i know youre a huge fan :slight_smile:

Oh thats a good idea! I didn’t know i wanted to hear this until now. That would be badass.

1 Like

Kitty already mentioned Amon Amarth, so I’m adding a few more random favorites.

(I love that someone put my favorite song from one of my favorite bands over my favorite movie trilogy.)

Two of my favorite female vocalists. <3

2 Likes