*must have* non-legendary grenade list?

So I only recently found out about the best Moze grenade being a purple Cloning Maddening Tracker. Had I known about this much earlier I could have been searching vending machines and more carefully screening loot on the ground for one.

I got one gifted to me so that’s cool but it got me thinking…are there other nades (or even other non-legendary but highly desirable items) that I should be on the look out for? It would be helpful to know what to look for ahead of time so I don’t pass them by because I don’t realize it’s something I should save.

The revengenader shield on Zane is really good and its a blue. Stagecoach shotguns (purple) on Flak are really good too.

1 Like

Epic grenades w/ the Blight stat are good for Gamma Burst Fl4k.

1 Like

I like the Q-system assault rifles.
lots of purple grenades. I don’t remember exactly what it was, but i had some kind of MIRV/Divider with the generator that tore shields up. Sold it after i found a different anointed grenade. Been on the look out for another ever since.

3 Likes

Yeah, it seems like getting mirv/divider/homing together is a good combination. That’s sort of what I been looking for in different versions. I wish I could get the ghast call in a homing version. That would be amazing.

1 Like

Clusterf*ck exploder grenades are pretty fun especially if you can lay them under an enemy or in a tight group.

2 Likes

Nuke ClusterF**K with MIRV are a complete hoot :slight_smile:

4 Likes

^yes^
With cryo, on my Zane.

1 Like

its more like ase 50 and on throw is must have , grenade dont seem to be that great imo aside from few of them

1 Like

I use one that is mirv, divider, homing, bounce. Basically turns 1 grenade into 6 that home in and explode on targets 3 times each. Makes for good sustain on Moze with Vampyr. More so coupled with the Otto Idol relic.

4 Likes

I’ve got a blue grenade called the pipe bomb that’s pretty sweet

3 Likes

Generally, my first priority is Homing. After that, combos of splitting and bouncing.

My Bottomless Mags Moze prioritizes manufacturer first for the mag size bonus.

2 Likes

Are you talking about the porcelain pipe bomb? I think that is a mission reward. It used to be so OP at release but it got nerfed pretty hard. I think it’s still decent but not nearly as good as it used to be.

1 Like

Yeah that’s it. It still kicks ass. Until I get my recurring hex it’s what I’ll be using

Yeah I remember the days when you could toss 1 and instakill a boss with it as long as it didn’t have invulnerable phases pretty much regardless of build or character.

1 Like

Mirvtacular cluster ■■■■, with radiation or cryo element and homing delivery. Either +50% bonus rad or cryo ase anoints for amara and flak. Or on grenade thrown +25% damage anoint for zane and moze.
That’s the god-roll
/thread

The clusterfu*k exploder is the non-homing version of the Cloning Maddening Tracker. Basically same nade but doesn’t come with homing delivery.

I dunno about that. @OP Basically look for any multi-splitting or triple perk nades. There are some really interesting combos out there for example some really cool elemental nades.

That’s just what popular youtubers have found. I have a maddening tracker and I’m unimpressed. Trust me, I had a mirv, mirv, mini mirv before anoints were a thing and it replaced the recurring hex before the nerf. The thing has 6 nades that each spawn another 3 mini nades 24 little booms in one nade.
It got ate by the bank glitch… sad day

The cloning maddening tracker is the most hits provided by a tracker in the game - its 20 hits. There is a version of the Cluster f*ck exploder that is literally the same thing but without tracker.

The one you are thinking of is Mirv Cluster F*ck exploder and 6 x 3 = 18 not 24. This one doesn’t come with a tracking delivery either. The best tracker (most hits anyways) is the Cloning Maddening Tracker - this only really matters for Moze.

I don’t pay attention to what “popular” youtubers do or say. This forum has way better information (and my own experience I trust a lot more).

To be more accurate the most hits from a Tracker in the game is actually the Cloning Ghast Call with 3 stacks of Terror clocking in at 26 hits. (24 skulls + 2 initial impact hits) but only the 24 skulls actually track.

2 Likes

It’s a bit of an aside, since I’m fairly ignorant of what purples and blues are really good, BUT -

I thought it worth a mention that the ammo vending machines now somewhat frequently will sell anointed grenades, and that you should check beyond the item of the day, as the first item after that will have the highest score (i.e. item of the day is cheapest for its score, but it is NOT the best item in the machine).

Happy hunting!

1 Like