Mutiplayer not fun anymore

It used to be fun but now its just not fun at all, players going full on tryhard, taunting you and such, it just isnt fun. I’m on the verge of quieting the game because of the tryhards and co-op story mode gets too boring after a while…

i wanna enjoy mutiplayer but with so many tryhards, why bother…

1 Like

Are they try hards for beating you? Is your skill lvl the threshold where one goes from being good to fI’ll on try hard? I would assume it’s likely you are an average player with decent games and found some that spanked you. Also just my experience shows that most teams that spam taunts start it after the opposite team taunts for something unexceptional.

1 Like

yet i dont taunt, nor did i do anything to them.

Doesn’t necessarily have to be you though one moron is typically all it takes and you are blessed with 4 teammates most games.

taunting is a goof part of the game i might do it to someone if they do it to me its also good for drawing agro maybe a good tactic.
but its also a waste of time tbh you could be using those 5 seconds to be going somewhere else as silly as it sounds. I mostly play capture so you could be using that time to get to a different point it matters :mask:
focus on playing and dont worry about them

i guess.

1 Like

Just a question for context; is it the taunting that is bothering you only? Or matchmaking? Are you getting uneven teams? Losing a lot?

I’ve been passing my thread around, because I honestly think this is a slow, creeping problem to new(ish) players.

While I think it’s great matchmaking is faster, and making grouped level 100’s happy, this could make it very frustrating for new players to enjoy it as well.

Regards,
DDCP

Ive never really understood this. Because someone is better/outplayed you they are a try hard? Is that supposed to be an insult?

1 Like

First time I got angry over PvP was just yesterday on capture because a Rath, Galilea and El Dragon constantly ganged on me (I was Orendi). I surely died 7 times alone to them. Glad I wasn’t using a mic, because I cursed like a sailor :sweat_smile:
There always will be jerks who go for constant killing sprees rather than objectives and those are the people who usually piss me off, especially when they flock together in teams. But oh well… The next match was better and I lost my aggression. So it’s whatever, isn’t it?
About taunting: it’s part of the game, so that’s that. I only taunt when there is no obvious danger and I don’t really care if somebody taunts me. The taunts in BB are funny so it actually puts some comic relief on me when somebody killed me.

Just try to ignore the bad experiences. You will have good matches, you will have bad matches. There is not reason for quitting just because you can’t win every time and for getting taunted.

2 Likes

I need to ask what you mean by ‘tryhards’…?

Maybe I’m not in your same age bracket, so I’m not quite understanding what you mean using that term…

Is it just that they are maybe better skilled…
soloing you out/picking on you individually…
saying something on mic…
or just taunting you too much as you said…?

Unfortunately, you can’t win them all…
And you will come across groups of players that simply are better coordinated then the group you find yourself playing with…
And taunts are there to be used, not nessecarily in the negative way you seem to be acknowledging them as, just as a bit of funny/harmless fun…

Taunting (or sledging - as commonly known in Australia) is a common part of many sports…
it’s used to get your opponents feathers ruffled, because it puts them in a negative headspace…
and therefore, they are likely to drop the ball/lose their temper/lose the game…
because they let the other player ‘get in their head’…

Fight fire with fire (taunt!)…
Don’t let them get in your head…
Do all you can to stay positive…

And if you lose…
Try again in the next match…
Or… Put the game down for a bit, until you are in a ‘happy place’ :wink:

1 Like

Taunts kill PVP for me as well. It’s never a skilled player that out played me. It’s some kid that had half his team attack me or got in a lucky shot at the end. Then they taunt like it was all skill. Makes me feel like I’m always playing against kids or man children.

1 Like

Awww, that’s probably players like me, haha…
If I can taunt, I’ll taunt…
Whether I ‘earned it’ or didn’t (managed to ‘steal’ a kill)…

But while I would sometimes do it for the above mentioned reason (‘to get in your head’)…

I would also do it, because I like the animation, and I as a player want to be able to see it…

So while sometimes it’s intentionally meant to be personal, because they are provoking your exact feeling of frustration, purely to make you rage quit, or lose (as mentioned above, a common part of sport, or ‘games’)…

Sometimes, it’s just harmless fun…

Though, objective always comes first…
Kills and taunting, are just if it suits me…

It’s unfortunate it’s making you feel this way though about players you encounter, and the game it’s self…
But it’s all just tactics in the end, don’t let them ‘get in your head’…
That’s what they want…
I’m sure you are better than that! :slight_smile:

Edit/P.S: and if I find someone constantly taunting me… If I’m lucky enough to kill them at some point in return… I’ll risk my own death, just to taunt them back, haha!

I always take it with a smile! I firmly believe it’s just the character taunting me; i.e. that pesky Orendi always shouting at me or poking her eyeball. Live in the game that’s so vivid and fun. I love Gearbox storytelling, and Battleborn is no different!

If you think about it your character has the same ability so go out there and taunt back OP!

2 Likes

The taunts are atmospheric, and I enjoy it when people use them. The Battleborn are already shouting abuse, threats and boasts at each other, after all. I don’t get annoyed by Reyna shouting “Gang up on the stupid-looking guy!” when she priority targets me - why would I mind if she kills me and gives me the finger? It’s Reyna. It’s what she does!

But then, I tend to get immersed in the characters and don’t think too hard about the players behind them…

3 Likes

Exactly. When I’m Thorn and Mellka kills me, I always smile when she says, “See ya next time Teshka!” Or something like that… It’s just a nice immersive touch.

3 Likes

i love taunting after a kill… you know its making them angry, which is gonna make them flustered and anxious when they get next to me again. <3.

gottta get in your enemies head mane! it happens to a lot of us.

Simply put…the PvP in this game isn’t for everyone.

Other new games go out of their way to make losing not so bad. This isn’t one of them.

Agreed the pvp in this game is definitely not for everyone. I think it has alot to do with this game being so unique in that they tried something that’s a mixture of two types of games and if your coming from a FPS background things like ttk and playing objectives will throw you off.

If your coming from a MOBA background I’ve seen people say this game is kind of shallow compared to other mobas(I dont know I haven’t realm played any other mobas)

But if the fps guys just give it a shot and dont get aggravated over things(which as a whole were a whiny bunch lol) then they enjoy it. As for MOBA guys I’m not real sure how to make them come around

As for taunts I usually only taunt if I do something taunt worthy. I’ve had people get mad at me because ill get in a few shots with Reyna or thorn just to make them chase me, just to have my team waiting to kill them lol if I get the last hit ill taunt and there always complaining that I didn’t do anything to deserve to taunt but in all reality I executed my plan perfectly lol

I personally think they found a good balance between MOBAs and FPS games personally, especially on PC where the game just runs better/smoother than the console versions (30 fps is just rough for me). However, enjoying that mixture of game types seems to be a niche thing (at least so far).

FPS players seem to want to focus on aiming/jumping/straffing core gameplay for the most part and don’t want complex objectives. MOBA players seem to enjoy the stats and strategy more than ‘mundane pedestrian’ things like having to actually aim. When I read certain MOBA boards, they seem to enjoy talking about crunching stat numbers and math more than gameplay. True MOBAs can be a lot more complex than this game, as things not present here like jungling and detailed complex stats play a huge role. They’re also a lot slower paced especially early game.

Regardless, back to the original posters comments I think this game could look at other games like Overwatch do things to keep casual / non diehard players interested in playing PvP. I know a lot of people think that game is too casual/easy, but it doesn’t feel like a punch in the gut when you lose a match.

1 Like

Taunting can also be part of their strategy, I know if I kill a melee character and tuant them they will try to take me down over and over again. So if I feel like I can take on their melee character I taunt them and then their team starts to fall apart. But I play pugs most of the time and have to think of clever ways to tip the scales in my teams favor. Like just harrassing their strongest killer, I don’t actually try to kill them I just get them low on health and keep them low to keep them out of the fight or if they enter the fight they will die. If you get angry at people who taunt you are only falling for their strategy most of the time.