My Badass Rank, My Unlocks, and Golden Keys are all gone! (Since April 19)

Today, I have lost all of my badass ranks and lost all of my stuff that caused my rank to less than 8000 to 150 and lost all of my golden keys from more than 200 to 1 now (Due to Krieg’s save file not being corrupted) and all of my unlocks are gone after I was disconnected from the internet and had my game crash.

I tried support ticket, the only solution they gave to me was “Clear cache” which I did exactly what they told me to. But nothing worked.

I gave them all of the information that I could give them to in order to help their investigation. And the last reply I got was April 21 and still waiting. Tried sending them another support ticket 6 days ago, but they told me they were still investigating and they were would get rid of the copy ticket and want me to wait for their solution.

Have anybody wait for more than a week to get this problem fixed?

1 Like

This, unfortunately, does happen. The short of it is that your BAR, keys, etc. are stored in a separate file from your game saves. If that file gets corrupted during a save or during the cloud sync process - it’s pretty much gone.

It is possible that, if you were to do a factory reset of your console, some data could be salvaged from the cloud saves. Any progress while off-line, however, would be lost.

Support can help with some things (such as keys and BAR points) but they can’t restore the file.

As far as wait times, between the updated texture packs for Handsome Collection, the BL1 Remaster, and the VIP program all happening at the same time, those are longer than normal. Please be assured that the support staff are working to get all issues resolved as soon as possible.

1 Like

Okay then. I see. Thanks for some information on what is going on. If you can get back keys and BAR points, then I think that could be good enough. But, I do hope everything can be back.

I have just seen people get their same problem solved within less than of a week, so I was just wonder about my own problem on what’s going on.

1 Like

That I can’t comment on, other than some folks have only experienced a loss of keys while others - like yourself - have lost more. All I can advise is that you make sure that if you follow up, you top-post your reply to the last support email you received, as that ensures the ticket system updates correctly.

I had the same thing happen to me on 15th of April. 2 weeks later, nothing but crickets from 2k.

Vault hunter is right about resetting factory settings to restore BAR. One caveat, this will purge all profiles from your xbox. I lost my mule accounts and all the gear i grinded for these last 2 yrs. So make sure you know the email addresses and passwords of the profiles you wished to preserve.

I wouldnt get my hopes up waiting for 2k or GB to fix your problem. Its been 2 wks for me. I lost my BAR–i restored it-100 golden keys, all skins and heads. Would be nice to be compenated, say 200 keys would work. I bet they laugh every time a gamer gets that progress wiping bug.

Going forward, i wont be pre ordering anything from this company again. I may not get BL3 at all now. Definitely got to wait a couple of years to see what game-breaking bugs they leave in BL3.

This has literally just happened to me as I loaded up this evening… Super frustrating…

Commiserations. If you still have 360 saves accessible, you can try re-uploading/downloading then in turn which will at least get some stuff back. After that, you’ll need to file a support ticket for further assistance.

Hey Gearbox…here’s ANOTHER customer complaining about losing golden keys…badass ranks… and skins and heads. What is going on??? 2 days ago I had it all. Now gone…yes I did put in a ticket…but in the meantime all the bonuses from badass ranking is gone and affecting my toon I’m trying to level. Is this what we can expect in Borderlands 3??? This needs a hotfix asap…not months or weeks in a “patch”. I freaking love all BL games…please fix one of my favorite games.

360 or XBone?

JackTChance1
Jack T. Chance

July 12

360 or XBone?

Sorry…xbox 1

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Merged you into an existing relevant thread. See posts 2 and 7 in this thread for more information and the link to file a support request.

Unfortunately, it the profile file containing heads, skins, keys, BAR, and stash contents gets corrupted that’s pretty much it. As noted above, it’s possible to reclaim some stuff if you can still access old 360 saves, and support can help with keys and BAR.

Key steps to avoiding such problems generally are to make sure you:

• Always check that the save icon is not active before quitting, sleeping, or force-quitting your game
  • Always quit out of multi-player before the host if you are the guest
  • Make sure you have your XB1 on a stable and clean power feed; use of a surge protector is recommended

Why is this only happening to random people?? My xbox one friends have all their stuff…I NEED MY RANK AND KEYS…skins and heads drop like candy so no biggie there.

I don’t think it’s actually random. As I said, there’s a file (separate from all your character saves) that keeps track of this information. Obviously, it needs to get updated periodically - such as when you find a new head/skin, redeem shift rewards, earn BAR points, move stuff through the stash…

Anything that interrupts a file save can result in file corruption - that’s true for pretty much any game. Both MS and game developers try to make that as rare and unlikely event as possible, but it can still happen due to things like power surges at just the wrong time, or someone force-quitting their game or console while the update is in progress. In the worst case, it happens because the hard drive is old and starting to fail.

FTR I’ve had it happen to me once, when a co-op session got incredibly glitchy and I dashboarded out of the game at just the wrong moment. Fortunately, I still had all my saves on 360 available so I was able to recover most of the heads and skins by re-importing those. GBX support spotted me BAR rank and keys as well. I was still missing a couple of items, but some on-line friends donated a couple of items and I re-found the rest.

If you should notice save file issues with any of your other games, that may be a sign of impending hard drive issues (directory corruption or hardware failure); a factory reset can help sort some save file issues out, so that may be something to look in to.

All my points and my keys are gone. the challenges are still complete but my points are not. Help pls.

There is a file tied to your XBL account that contains all your heads, skins, BAR, keys, and stash contents. What you are seeing is the result of that file getting corrupted. There are a few things you can try which might restore that file or the missing content. I am merging this into the thread containing that information.

Apart from that, all you can do is file a support ticket - the support desk may be able to help make up for lost BAR and keys, although they cannot restore the missing file for you.

1 Like

Ok, I am content to retrieve my 36 keys. :’(

You keep bringing up that single file like people went and messed around with it or deleted and not that it should still be in the cloud and why we can’t just recover that file and fix these issues.

I have all of my BAR, yet I lost all of my golden keys, I am able to get the new VIP items yet nothing is done for the key side of things.

I reached out to support over four months ago, all with the same copy and paste reply of they deposited the keys back into my account with the ticket closed only to see nothing when starting the game.

So please tell me what a support ticket is going to do when you submit one they say come here.

I’m not saying that people deliberately messed around with it. It’s simply that if something interrupts the file system when it’s being updated, it gets corrupted.

At that point if you’re quick you can pull your internet connection, delete the local data, then reconnect and the uncorrupted version should sync back down from the cloud. If you don’t realise something has gone wrong, you can end up with the corrupted version sync’d up to the cloud and then you’re out of luck.

I would reply to the last email and let them know the keys are still missing. I don’t know why they’re not showing up in your game.

Boilerplate auto-reply. Some of the things people ask support, folks here can supply answers/solutions for. Others, not so much.

So the answer to me loosing everything is to come here and read about other people having similar problems rather than actually doing something about it.

Support will do what they can. Beyond BAR and keys, however, there’s not much they can do - Borderlands games don’t use server side saves, so it’s not like they can just go in and fix everything.