I’m aware that the game is new. That it’s still fresh. And that there’s alot that I’ve yet to learn. But, I’ve been playing Benedict for a bit (including during the Beta), and I’ve got some feedback.
As much as I love Benedict and his incredible mobility, his weapons don’t feel very rewarding to me.
It’s tough to land his rockets, and even when you do effectively use them, the damage output doesn’t quite justify the effort required.
He’s not very user-friendly, even when considering his Advanced title.
Here I will list Benedict’s cons, as I see them, and follow through with some suggestions:
Hawkeye cannot be used while airborne. This, to me, is a huge issue that conflicts with his entire playstyle. Activating Hawkeye while gliding will currently drop Ben straight to the ground.
Suggestion: Allow Hawkeye to be used while gliding.
Hawkeye’s window of opportunity if far too small, in my opinion, especially with the rate at which Benedict needs to reload.
● Hawkeye’s homing target Duration is increased from 3s to 5s.
● Persistent Projectiles Duration boost is now +3s instead of +1s.
These changes allow Benedict more time to better place himself, aswell as reload, when using Hawkeye mid-battle.
Benedict’s primary Rockets are very slow, making it unnecessarily tough to place shots against average speed characters from the sky, including when homing with Hawkeye. Even with Speed Delivery, they are not only still rather slow, but you’d have to sacrifice a rather large cut to his Reload Time.
● Increase base Rocket Speed.
This will increase Ben’s accuracy, and allow Hawkeye’s homing to be more consistent and rewarding.
● Replace Speed Delivery, or possibly rework it into something like: +Rocket Speed & +DMG per distance Rocket traveled, allowing for improved mid-long range capabilities. This could also make it worth choosing over reload time for players who prefer laying down cover from more moderate distances from the sky.
A Murder of Rockets seems like it is necessary to use the current Ben, due to the above cons I have found with Hawkeye.
Benedict really doesn’t need to have 3 separate Blast Radius skills.
● Eyes on You’s effect is changed to: Hawkeye can now target an enemy by keeping them in Hawkeye’s crosshair, allowing for its specific rocket(s) to home-in on that target.
● Hawkpocalypse’s effect is now replaced, maybe have it Silence enemy Abilities?
● Danger Zone now affects all of Ben’s projectiles.
Party Starter does seem like enough for what it does, as it is not only a Level 9 upgrade, but it is also buffing a single shot of a specific Ability.
● Allow that damage buff to spread to the base Rockets that home-in on a target due to Hawkeye’s effect.
● I was thinking that reloading a with a full Magazine while gliding could have him drop his whole clip’s worth of Rockets, one at a time, performing a sort of bombardment. Not necessary at all though.
● Immediately successive Rocket hits on an enemy could have slightly escalating damage increases, rewarding skilled players and improving Hawkeye’s usefulness. Also not necessary.
I know that skilled players can destroy with Benedict, but those players could do the same or better on a character with more user-friendliness, with far less hassle.
My goal is to make Benedict more streamlined while rewarding players more for their efforts.