My expectations

Hi there,

I’m new to this forum, so first of all, Hi everybody!
I’m Scrappy, I love gaming and saw Battleborn for the first time on a Dutch gaming convention called First-Look
When I saw the game, I was like: “Awh yeah! A new GBX game! But it’s probably going to be console only.”
Oh boy, I was wrong. When I went to the main page and looked at the pre-order section, there was a PC-version.

This is going to be. Amazing.

This game is everything I ever wanted in a single game. The ability to play with friends + SP (Borderlands-like) and the tons of characters with each their own history and look on the future. I’m so stoked to play this game.

Immediatly after that, I looked up a closed-beta test, read the NDA and accepted it. Now I can’t wait to be invited to help developers develop a better game.

Now you’re asking yourself, why is he writing all of this?
I’m trying to explain my feelings about this game to the community, so that maybe other people who aren’t as hyped, can become more stoked than they used to be. I have such a great feeling about this game and I can’t even try to comprehend it myself.

If I can contribute to the community in any way, let me know ( Besides playing the beta and giving the developers feedback).

Thanks for reading,

Scrappy

The hype is real! We are all very excited. And welcome to our lovely little community here. Happy you have joined and looking forward to getting to know you! :smile_cat:

1 Like

Thank you for the kind words! I’m also looking forward to getting to know other people on here and you’re the first one! Hi kitty_jo :smile:

Also, while I was at First Look I got this neat little Character guide which has info not currently given to the community.
Is it okay if I share this info with the rest of you all? Because on the front it says: “Battleborn” and underneath: “Character Guide”. It has some info about the attacks with the buttons beside it and it has some info about the backstory of every character. I could scan them and post it or type it all out under each sub-section.

I’d like to know if this is okay with the developers to share with the rest of the community.

Scrappy

If it is from a magazine or somethinysimilar, then no. Do not scan and post it.
You can share the info though. But you may be underestimating what we already know :wink:
But you are welcome to type out some of its tid bits. Who knows, maybe it will be new.

Oh alright, I won’t post it then. Better safe than sorry! =)

I didnt say you couldn’t share the info. Just not scan it… You are welcome to type what you can and share it that way :slight_smile:

Oh alright, but it seems to be just some basal information about the character’s bio. It’s the same as what is stated on the mainpage about the characters sadly. :frowning:

AFAIK there is no sign-up for a “closed beta” yet. There is a sign-up for a “closed technical test”, but a technical test is an entirely different animal than a beta, as TalTael clarifies so well:

So, it isn’t a good idea to think in terms of being able to play an almost-ready-for-release version of the game for hours on end. You’ll get a preview, but it will almost certainly be a rather limited experience with a lot of interruptions and down time. Think more in terms of being helpful to Gearbox than getting an early, free chance to play. :smile:

And - welcome to the forums!

Excuse me for calling it a beta-test. I guess you’re right about it! ^^

Thank you for explaining the differences between the two.