My first blog post with tips and tricks for BL2

https://halfcutgaming.wordpress.com/2015/10/03/borderlands-2-top-5-tips/ Hey guys, I’m starting a gaming blog and my first blog was my top 5 tips for inexperienced borderlands players, if you could have a look and possibly give it a rating/favourite that would be amazing and it would help me out so much to make sure I’m blogging in the right direction! :grin:

Yea, I’m not sure exactly where to begin. My Tip One would probably be pointing inexperienced Borderlands 2 players to the Forums so they can view the various very useful guides available that some of the more experienced Borderlands 2 players put time into creating. As for your Tip One, The Warrior is definitely a good source of Eridium.

As for your Tip 2, I wouldn’t categorize farming the DigiStruct Peak Doc Mercy’s for an Infinity Pistol as “Easy Infinity Pistol drop” since it requires the player to be at least OP4+. Someone who is only level 30 or level 50, would not be able to take advantage of your recommendation. And If a player is OP4+, he / she would most likely be more experienced anyway and would know that farming DP Doc Mercy’s is more efficient than farming the lone Doc Mercy. Also, the Infinity Pistol is mainly popular because of its unique gimmick. Granted, it can work well (or even very well) with specific characters and builds. But generally speaking, there are better Pistols available.

As for your Tip 3, you claim to have gotten about 12 different Bee shield drops in one hour. Even with the drop rate increase (from 1:30 to 1:10), that is approximately 1 Bee shield every 5 minutes. I find that claim somewhat difficult to believe. Completing the Tiny Tina DLC does not make this area easier to farm. All you need to do is unlock the Fast Travel station. IIRC, not all of the Treants are capable of actually dropping the Bee shield. I thought there was one in the first group you encounter who could not. Perhaps @BlackHeartV could shed some light regarding which Treant (or Treants) are not capable of dropping the Bee shield. She has more experience than I do with farming that particular shield. Also, getting an elemental Bee shield (let alone multiple) is very rare for most Borderlands 2 players.

As for your Tip 4, farming BNK3R can be a good source of experience in UVHM. However, you noted that you are using Zer0 with B0re and recommend a DPUH (Explosive) or non-Elemental, Slag or Corrosive Sand Hawk. The fastest way for Zer0 to defeat BNK3R is to use skills in the Sniping tree (B0re is very important), ideally a COM that boosts those skills and a Pimpernel (Corrosive) - ideally Barking or Banbury with preferably a Maliwan grip. With that setup, it is possible for Zer0 to “one shot” BNK3R (and Saturn) at least on PC, Xbox One and PS4 (last-gen does not have the processing power). Yes, “one shot”. A Bee shield is not required, but certainly helps. Maya can also “one shot” BNK3R and Saturn, using Chain Reaction, a Blurred Trickster COM and a Pimpernel (Corrosive) without the use of a Bee shield. The other 4 characters will have to adopt other strategies, to effectively and efficiently deal with BNK3R, if they plan on farming BNK3R for experience in UVHM. Also, even with the drop rate increase BNK3R tends to be a bit stingy with the drops.

As for your Tip 5, the “4 player gate trick” is the best way to spawn Vermivorous while playing solo in UVHM. However, being able to spawn Vermivorous solo and being able to kill Vermovorous solo are two different things. The “4 player gate trick” also makes Vermivorous more difficult to kill for the solo player.

The main issue with your Tips (and to be fair, you do acknowledge that most people might already know them) is that this information is available via a Google search, via viewing the Borderlands wiki and / or via viewing / searching this Forum.

Forum ID: Poisd2Strike
GT: Poisd2Strike
Trades: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/poisd2strikes-humble-shop/367700
Gun Prefixes | Gun Parts | Max Stats
Maya OP8 | Banshee RR / NRR | Binder | Cat | Nurse | Siren | Trickster B / M

Generally speaking, all Treants but the very first (after the Fast Travel) and the one that may spawn in the “optional area” (with a small house) on the cliff leading back into the main area have a good chance of dropping the Bee.
Now the very first Treant has been reported to drop the Bee by myself and others but it is not easily replicated so I am not sure why that happened. Even if that Treant does you shouldn’t bother. The cliff Treant has a similar problem but I have never heard of that one dropping the Bee so I wouldn’t bother with that one either.

I prefer going through the entire area but many people also recommend entering the area from The Immortal Woods and farm only the two Treants in the pool of blood. To make that even easier you may also activate Aubrey’s Tree Hugger side mission which removes almost all Orcs (including the Warlord) from the camp which makes your run safer but also removes the two Treants that spawn in that area after killing some Orcs (which you can’t anymore)

Thanks for the clarification! I knew one or more of the Treants are not supposed to be able to drop the Bee shield, but not which ones. This confirms my suspicion that one the the Treants near the Fast Travel is not supposed to drop the Bee shield and therefore should not count as a source.

Forum ID: Poisd2Strike
GT: Poisd2Strike
Trades: http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/poisd2strikes-humble-shop/367700
Gun Prefixes | Gun Parts | Max Stats
Maya OP8 | Banshee RR / NRR | Binder | Cat | Nurse | Siren | Trickster B / M