My friend gave me SHIFT codes but they don't work

the codes were only one day old and the game kept on saying code redemption failed

Codes do come in all sorts of flavours, so there are any number of reasons why redemption might fail. IIRC there’s also a limit on the number of codes that can be redeemed at one time through the web site.

Are you attempting to redeem through the web site or using the in-game menu, and do you know what the codes are supposed to be for?

1 Like

the in-game menu and the codes are for Golden Keys

A couple of possibilities:

• The keys were for a different platform or game
  • The SHiFT servers were unavailable for some reason

It’s possible the codes were on a very short expiry, but usually you get an “Expired” error message. I think I’ve also seen “Already redeemed”; “Redemption failed” is the catch-all error message, so a bit hard to figure out what’s going on.

I would suggest check to see if you can find the original source for the codes, since that would show any conditions or expiry date. If the codes are then confirmed to still be valid, just make sure that your game signs in to SHiFT properly when it starts up. If it still doesn’t work, you could file a support ticket or try entering the codes directly on the the SHiFT web site.

It’s only for BL2 - you can use three codes at once, then you need to launch a game. For TPS (and probably BL1R) there is no 3-use limit.

@REEVEN_REEVES1
Use this site for active codes.
BL2 - http://orcz.com/Borderlands_2:_Golden_Key#Bookmark_Here
TPS - http://orcz.com/Borderlands_Pre-Sequel:_Shift_Codes#Bookmark_Here

KTKTT-ZSFWS-R3CHC-9BW33-3JW3H 25 keys
W353B-J3BK9-69X5B-ZBKJJ-55BZS 20 keys
KBW3J-ZF5JT-JC59K-93KJT-3ZTKF 25 keys
are the ones he gave me

That first one is from 2015 and is still listed as active on the orcz.com link @GrzesPL posted. Not sure why you’re getting a redemption failure unless there’s an issue with your shift account or the server connection. You could try using the web site and see if it accepts it?

it works in the web browser