Good morning everybody. Now that the Beta has ended, I would like to give Gearbox and the community my feedback of how things in the Beta went for myself personally and my team. Little about myself, PSN is SeamanXanthos. I am a part of Team Sustenance, a competitive Esports team that has plans of competing within Battleborn at the highest levels of competition. I personally have played dozens of matches in the Beta with and without my team ranging from solo-queue to full five man teams against other five man teams.
Everything that i am going to be saying and discussing is my personal OPINION.
Let us start off with matchmaking.
Matchmaking needs work. Teams of 3 or higher need to be put in separate queues. There is absolutely no reason for full-teams facing all solo-queuers. It is a poor experience all around if the goal is close and exciting matches.
Besides that change, matches are pretty good. Have to wait and see how the skill-based matchmaking works on full-release.
This mode is pretty unique and I believe that it could work really well in a tug of war fashion after a few changes have been implemented. First there is a major problem where a Marquis or any long-range character can snipe down the first Sentry-bot. It is okay that these characters can engage the sentry from that far away range but they should not have the ability to solo the sentry without minions in the area. So I propose two different changes could be integrated or even both.
Make it so the Sentry can not take any player damage while Shield is active. Minions must first take the shield out before players can deal damage to the actual health of the Sentry Bot.
Make it so that Players can not deal damage to the Sentry Bot at all unless a minion is within certain range of the Sentry-Bot.
This would stop the sniping from happening right away in a match and force teams to actually have to push a lane forward with their minions. It can also cause great stalemates in the middle of the map until a team nabs a couple player kills and can make something happen off of it.
As well Incursion has problems after the first sentry is down. Shielded minions start to spawn and these guys absolutely wreck regular minion waves, causing the enemy to either choose to defend the last Sentry being attacked by enemy forces next to the Thumper Turret and Supply Station or defend their minions to take out the shielded minions that are incoming. This causes the losing team to spilt up while the winning team can just group up and either push minions forward or go for game without minions.
With my proposed changes above, the winning team would have to focus on pushing their shielded minions to the last Sentry Bot to be able to damage it, thus causing the losing team an easier time of defending the invading forces because there would be less split-pushing happening.
Last, I believe once the first Sentry-Bot is down, teams should not automatically receive shielded minions. I believe what should happen is that the losing teams Thrall Camp should become more powerful, needing 2 or 3 members of a team to take it out. Whichever team defeats the losing teams Thrall would have access to shielded minions until it respawns.
This would cause the losing team to have a way of pushing back the minion waves with shielded minions and cause the winning team a way of pushing in to the last Sentry-Bot.
So far I like this mode. Thumper turrets hurt and slow very well, punishing overextending at the wrong times. At this moment on this map, I wouldnt change anything. Believe Gearbox made a lot of good changes from the CTT resulting in less snowballing effects happening.
S Tier: No one
- Scale back damage by 25% or so.
- Remove Frag Grenades exploding on impact Helix Choice.
- Remove getting back shield after toss Helix Choice. Should have to wait until cooldown is done or pick up the shield to get it back.
- Flame shield to a 60 second timer
- Bring damage buff from 50% to 30%
Everyone else that is not stated in the other tiers.
- Buff damage just a tad bit. Give her a reason to be an assassin but be careful because she does have a ranged attack.
- Less recoil on primary gun. Buff precision damage more. Do not change a lot until Oscar Mike receives his nerf. Could be that OM is just too good and Whiskey Foxtrot is in a good place, just overshadowed by OM.
- Weaker Marquis in every respect. Change her bow so she does not have to charge her arrows to deal more damage. Change passive that her arrows and abilities apply the Cursed affect. Landing consecutive arrows on targets increases their Curse stack and refreshes duration. By 3rd arrow, her arrows are hitting as hard as possible. She is a mobile harasser. Support this rather than sitting back and sniping.
-Absolutely no reason to use him over Galiea. Make him in to a true front-liner Bruiser. Faster attack speed, absolutely atrocious how slow he attacks. Make his rage mechanic more visible, better explained. Seems like a character where he spends most of his time huddling beneath his shield and doesnt get anything done.
- Needs to act more as a ranged sniper that he is. Territory defense is great and all except that a Marquis/Thorn/Bennecict create a living nightmare for Toby. Bigger AOE on landmine. On hit, apply slow or silence? On Direct Hit, apply stun? How about when Toby spawns his wall shield, it gains health from the amount of shields Toby has when he activates the skill. The shield wall is way too weak.
Thank you everybody for reading. Any questions, comments or anything, feel free to post.