My SaveData Folder Missing

(grimhat2) #1

I’m not sure why this is but both Borderlands 2 and Pre-Sequel won’t save my game, and when I know it should have saved, there’s no SaveData Folder either.
I think it might be trying to save it somewhere it shouldn’t. Because when I tried saving my settings, it tried to save it in User/user/Documents/My Games/Borderlands The Pre-Sequel/WillowGame/Config. A file that doesn’t exist because my game files are on an external hard drive.

1 Like
(Going Down The Road Feeling Bad) #2

Documents folder under “User/user”? I hadn’t heard that one before.

What OS version are you using?

Both BL2 and TPS are supposed to use your Documents folder to store config and save files for each user. Did you try to move your Documents folder to a different drive?

If you go to “This PC/Documents”, is there a “my games” folder?

Did OneDrive get turned on and then off? OneDrive may had been used when the games were installed. There would be a “OneDrive/Documents/my games” folder on it. if OneDrive was disabled, then BL2 and TPS won’t be able to get to their config and save files anymore.

(Going Down The Road Feeling Bad) #3

Windows 10 can show you where your Documents folder is located by using this line in PowerShell.

[Environment]::GetFolderPath('MyDocuments')

You can also look in your registry with regedit for:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\Personal
(grimhat2) #4

I already solved it; my Windows Defender was blocking my save file.

2 Likes
(Going Down The Road Feeling Bad) #5

Thanks for posting the solution. It will help someone else latter on.

I keep forgetting the easy solutions.