Need Gear Organization/Storage Recommendations

I’ll admit it, I’m a Hoarder (in BL3 not real life LOL). I try to keep every Legendary, and in each of the elements. I try to only keep 1 copy of each element, the one with the best anoint. But, I have 2 full storage banks for 1 character. I’m getting better at recognizing what class mods are worth keeping and what ones are worth leaving. I’m bad with grenades, shields and artifacts.

What are some ways you keep your inventory organized? Keep all weapons in 1 bank and all shields, class mods and artifacts in another? I might be heading that route soon :frowning:

1 Like

I’m a hoarder myself, I just keep all my anointed weapons in my bank, I have 14 mules but they are well organised I have a bit of OCD regarding that, 1 for shields 1 for grenades, 2 for artifacts, 2 for terror gear, 2 for non anointed weapons, 1 for epic weapons, 1 for anointed epics and 1 for each characters class mods (have all VH level 50)

I have roughly 3/4 hours gametime just sorting through them on each one and thats not counting the 2 hours it took to level them up to get to sanctuary. When the level cap increases I will be playing the slots fulltime with all that cash :joy: although I try to help people out with gear if I have it ill just give it away

3 Likes

I’m using all 50 slots, 8 for characters and alts and 42 for mules. I organize gear by manufacturer and then by weapon type. For example, I’ll have 4 mules for Hyperion, one for each weapon type and one for flex. Referencing the BL3 spreadsheet is helpful, because you can see the distribution of legendaries between the manufacturers. Atlas, CoV, and Tediore don’t need more than 2-3 mules, while everyone else could use 4 or even more. Then you look at how many legendaries for each weapon type and the variations of said legenedary (elemental damage). You can group the less popular weapon types onto one mule, so I have Jakobs mule that carries assault and sniper rifles. Then I have some mules for class mods, grenades and shields. One mule for specific artifacts. Everything else, I leave in the bank, which is filled with general use artifacts and anointed purple grenades.

1 Like

Jeeez I thought I had it bad with 5 characters and 14 mules :joy: fair play to you :+1: you need a personal assistant now at this stage

mules, lots and lots of mules, you can skip the getting to sanctuary part by playing split screen co op and just joining the game with a new character for every mule you need to make.

It was pretty bad when I started out with a few mules, because I was poorly organized. Fortunately, making mules on PC is easy.

I have only 1 mule lol. Yes, I did split screen coopetition and farmed Graveward and Slaughter for about an hour. Leveled the mule to 50. I also use the mule for general farming in cooperation split screen. Double the loot!

1 Like

yeah i’ve got a good number of mules, 1 for mission rewards. 1 for terror annoint, 1 for artifacts, 1 for misc, like 12-16 ish for weapons. a full 300 bank of legendaries, and a second 300 bank half filled just with various E-tech guns and Tediore shot guns. I also have a mule that I trade excess money to, so a “banker” mule, that I tap whenever I need to make a new mule and max out back pack on mule by mule basis.

Yeah I only seen that after I had mine all done :man_facepalming: maybe on the next level cap i’ll avail of that

Man management skills on point now :grin: make sure to put that on your CV

2 Likes

Thats a nice bit of thinking on your feet :+1:

yeah doubling the loot with split screen is a great way to farm, I just need to get a mule up to lvl for that, most of my mules are low lvl cuz I just used them for storage. My Amule-ara is about lvl 30 ATM.

I was put off the split screen at launch the lag was horrendous and never went back to it, double loot will make me sprint back though

1 Like

I’ve found it easy to level a mule up to lvl 50 via Coopetition mode. By then the mule will have a good chunk of $$ where they can buy 300 spaces in their own bank at sanctuary. As long as the mule is with your main character, then they have access to sanctuary and you can exchange gear etc.

1 Like

It works like a charm. I’ve also found that artifacts that boost luck, boosts the loot of your mule, not the character that wears the artifact. I’d guess my mule gets x2 the legendary drops that’s my main character gets.

1 Like

I think all the luck stats/perks are just an illusion it is GB at the end of the day ( the same GB that said no more nerfs after the first week ) but yeah on a more positive note you opened my eyes to some good ideas here, thanks for that, lets be honest you never have enough space in this game and an extra 300 bank slots yes please :grin:

2 Likes

It doesn’t take that long to run a mule to Sanctuary if you only do the mission quests. Once your mule is parked at the ship, have the mule empty the lost loot thingy (after filling it up from higher level VHs) to sell the trash and buy backpack space. You can rename your mule at the New-U machine (mine are Amara Grenades, Fl4k Pistols etc.)

I could do it with my eyes closed at this stage, usually took me about 90mins be way faster if you could skip cutscenes, there’s only so many times you can replay the start before the insanity kicks in

2 Likes

you can actually trade cash between characters, I maxed out my moo-lah with my Moze and a mule, and just trading the cash over to my “banker” (a money mule) i can probably still afford about 30 ish more mules maxing out their back packs ATM.

also just spawning the mule on Sanctuary skips past all the unskippable cutscenes which is nice. (you just can’t enter into the mule’s playthrough for bank management because they aren’t technically past the game intro)

1 Like

Still missing a lot of categories! That’s just mules there is 12 characters with build sets on top of all that.

2 Likes