Need help with Orendi Lore challenge thing

Hi, I just started playing Battleborn via PS4 today, and so far Orendi is my favorite character. As such when I heard about legendary gear just for her I had to try and get it. Very Morphic Pillars is I believe the one I need for what I want. The thing is though I am unclear as to what counts and what doesnt. Like say I do it in PvE but then fail the mission, did it still count?

Update: Now I feel dumb. It turns out that I had already unlocked the first 2 without even knowing what they were. I was wondering why their was no progress number lol.

Yes it does. And I believe the second pillar also counts towards the total. Win or lose, anything you do in a mission that increments a challenge counts whenever it’s done - so casting a pillar increments that challenge, you don’t have to actually finish the mission.

1 Like

Can’t answer that specific question, I am almost 100% sure it does count in PvE and if it does then failing the mission won’t take away the progress you made.

That however, is likely the easiest Orendi lore to complete if you do it in meltdown, just focus the wave and so long as you hit the wave with your pillar you will damage 3. Finished the lore without even realizing it before I took her into a PvE match

1 Like

Yeah it counts and honestly if you do the renegade you can get that lore done fast

1 Like

Thank you all for the help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You have to complete all the lore challenges, by the way. There was a bug at one time that only required you to complete one, but it was fixed a while back.

On the knock back challenge, it is easily done with large enemies like the guardians on the Sentinel mission. You don’t have to physically move them backward, just hit nullify before the pillar goes off (unless it was changed at some point).

1 Like

Make sure you use standard cast as most characters lore bug if you dont.

I’ve used quick cast since before I ever entered my very first mission. Never had an issue.

I had issues with Montana and a few others on instant I either roll standard or instant.

I wasn’t able to do the Orendi challenge for casting SFP 50 times in a match. I’ll change my setting to normal and see if this works. I could’ve mastered her ages ago, but still 0…

Update: Now I feel dumb. It turns out that I had already unlocked the first 2 without even knowing what they were. I was wondering why their was no progress number lol.

So weird. Been having no trouble with quick.