Nemo's Loadout Showcase

The 17 Essential Loadouts for Every Deande Enthusiast

Now Featuring only 16 loadouts! forgive my incompetence

For my many months of playing Deande I have spent a considerable amount of time Min/Maxing gear combinations and loadouts for maximum effectiveness. I have done so with a considerable degree of success, and as the title suggests I am running with a total of 17 Deande dedicated loadouts at any given time (plus an 18th random slot). Make no mistake I use them all, however some of these builds are admittedly a little less than useful for the average player. None the less I have included them all in what is now my ultimate archive of Deande builds. And I have done so with the primary reason being that people actually ask for this stuff (well maybe not my reload speed Deande). But they do ask for my normal loadouts and such, so here I am giving them all away. And no, this is not a complete list of every good loadout that could ever possibly exist, this is just what I like to run. If you have something different that works then more power to you.

Understand that this guide assumes you already possess a basic understanding of how Deande works and as such newer players may be at a disadvantage when reading this. And in any case my builds are not tailored to newer players in general, requiring very specific gear pieces and stat rolls that nobody who just started this game will have in their inventory (even though I do go over build variations). That’s not to say that if you are a new player you won’t be able to find any use in this guide, however it might require a little bit more effort than just reading things at face value. Even to veteran players some of the stuff I go over may sound like a foreign language, due in large part to the fact that I’ve been coming up with my own terms to describe different aspects of Deande for months now. That’s just kinda how things happen when you are the first person to document something in great detail. After all it would kinda drag if instead of saying “potential” I said “maximum burst dash damage at level 10 with all buff effects” every time. For this reason I have included a definitions key that correlates directly to the stats section of each build. However if you have any questions feel free to ask as always.

Now for looking at the builds you should know there will be something here for everyone. My burst dash builds will be the most prominent as they are my favorite. And they are by far what I spent the most time and effort figuring out. But there will also be melee builds and various amalgamations alongside utility builds and gimmick builds. So if you were looking to absolutely slay people I’ve got you, but if you also wanted a casual fun build for kicks I got those too. I have a bunch of nice challenge type builds as well that should put your skills to the test, or alleviate a bit of boredom. Hopefully. I have builds that incorporate legendries and those that do not to make sure that every player’s moral compass need not be put in question. Most importantly my builds are all certified by the Dank Meme Farmers Association of Canada so that you know they are 101% dank. Look for the blue sticker below the best before date!

Also on a related note the recent increase to loadout slots allowed me to implement my second Thorn Loadout! HAZA! But anyway, let’s crack this guide wide open and delve into the mysterious world of whatever the hell it is Nemo spends his free time doing.

Key

Thread specifics

• ’ * ’ next the build name means it incorporates legendary gear.
  • Items listed in each “stats” section are items that are only effected by the build. Additional items will be excluded for the sake of simplicity as restating base stats over and over is redundant and boring and no one wants to look through all the unchanged numbers just to find the different ones.
  • Pertaining to the previous point, only derived stats will be recorded. I.E. I’m not going to waste my time (and yours) typing out how much shield recharge delay you have when you can look at the gear card for that. Instead I’m going to tell you how long it takes your shield to completely recharge from the last point of taking damage.
  • Only Burst Dash skill specific stats will be accounted for as both Holotwin and Blinkstorm have a much higher degree in variance and replicability under practical situations. I.E. listing the total maximum damage Holotwin can do is irrelevant as one does not center the gameplay around Holotwin damage. The one exception to this rule is the cooldown stat.

Definitions

Cooldowns: The time it takes for Deande’s skills to completely cool down after use, measured to the nearest tenth of a second. Does not account for any of Deande’s cooldown helixes. Base stats: Burst Dash – 18 seconds, Holotwin – 28 Seconds, Blinkstorm – 70 seconds.

Cost: Measured in shards. The total number of shards required to fully activate a loadout. All loadout pieces are assumed to be at maximum stats.

EOS Multiplier: The total percentile increase to damage granted by Deande’s passive. This number is not a constant at 25% as stated in game. It scales according to skill damage buffs. Assume 25% if unlisted.

Melee DPS: Based off of a base attacks per second of 2.485 @ level 10, with each attack doing 98 damage. Deande has a base DPS of 243.5 @ level 10 on her primary melee combo. This number is multiplied by any attack speed or attack damage gear to give the new DPS. Please note that this stat is slightly variable due to inconsistencies in game that I haven’t been able to smooth out. The given values may have an acceptable tolerance of plus or minus 10 points on the final DPS number.

Maximum Health: The amount of total hit points on Deande’s health bar @ level 10.

Movement Speed: The speed at which Deande moves while not sprinting. Based on the base value of 5.28 m/s and effected by movement speed gear. A link to a chart of movement speed and sprint speed of different Battleborn for comparisons sake, here.

PGT: Potential Gain Time. The total time it takes for Deande to reach maximum potential on burst dash based on shield capacity. I.E. From the last point at which she takes damage to the moment her shield reaches full capacity.

Potential: The total damage burst dash can do under optimum settings. Potential is always assumed to be at level 10 with Calculated Risk, Burst Brawler, EOS, and the full gear set activated. If the parameters for the potential are changed they will be specifically detailed in the corresponding section. Base potential with no gear is equivalent to 618.125 points of damage.

Ranged DPS: Based off of a base attacks per second of 1.381 and at level 10, with her fans firing in a combo of 77/77/154 (a mean of 102.67) damage. Deande has a base DPS of 141.7 @ level 10 on her secondary thrown fan combo. This number is multiplied by any attack speed or attack damage gear to give the new DPS. Please note that this stat is slightly variable due to inconsistencies in game that I haven’t been able to smooth out. The given values may have an acceptable tolerance of plus or minus 10 points on the final DPS number.

SD Multiplier: Skill Damage Multiplier. The effective multiplier for all combined sources of skill damage gear. (Skill damage gear stacks multiplicatively, not additively).

Shield Capacity: The total amount of hit points on Deande’s shield.

Sprint Speed: The speed at which Deande moves when sprinting with all gear activated. Numbers derived from the base value of 6.86 m/s using both movement speed and sprint speed stats. To give this number some meaning here is a link to a chart of character movement and sprint speeds.

Burst Dash Builds

Burst Dash builds (commonly referred to as Shield Stacking, Shield Strip, Calculated Risk, etc. builds) are by far the most powerful class of builds that one can have for Deande. These builds allow you to absolutely dominate the battlefield with insane single target damage on Burst Dash. In fact, even a basic Burst Dash build is capable of doing damage in excess to that of a Thorn or Orendi ult on a cooldown timer that is roughly half theirs.

There are two things that all Burst Dash builds have in common. The first of which is taking Calculated Risk at level four. This is a major helix for Deande that I always take even if I’m not running a Burst Dash build. This is also the helix that allows you to erase enemies from existence. The Second Commonality is the Gear, a loadout usually comprising of multiple shield capacity and skill damage items. Deande is one of the only characters that uses shield capacity offensively, with Calculated Risk taking half the capacity and adding it to damage. One of the reasons it’s so good is that it acts as a second form of base damage which in turn boosts the effectiveness of all skill damage items. The integration of skill damage items goes even deeper, with the gear type actively buffing the percentage of Deande’s passive multiplier and as such giving her burst dash a double skill damage buff.

As I’m sure you will see, those two stats play massive rolls in all the following builds. You will see many Bolstering Cognitive Predictors and Erratic Amplifying Internal Capacitors. Also some comeback kings. But that one is a different type of good.

Of course there are drawbacks in a direct comparison between the aforementioned Nuke ults and a Burst Dash that require a high degree of skill to overcome. Drawbacks such as the need to actually aim a Burst Dash. Or that even the slightest tick of damage on your shield can ruin your damage potential, and since you have to be within melee range to use burst dash you are more likely to take damage. Also you put yourself in a rather vulnerable position when striping you shield for added damage.

None the less, a competent Deande user can bring an absolutely terrifying delete skill to the table in competitive matches that, if left unchecked, can turn the tide of a game to that Deande’s favor. And if you happen to be on the other side of a true master of this character, well… let’s just say you won’t want to be anywhere south of 900 HP for more than three seconds.

Main*

Gear

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

Nemo’s Notes

This is my go to build for incursion pub matches, simply called “Main”. It combines a devastating shield stack with the added benefits of the Comeback King for a top tier damage potential with moderate cost. If you wish to read more in depth about the Comeback King I have a separate guide here. In addition to the massive burst damage, the tiny bit of cooldown reduction is a nice touch on Deande’s lengthy delays.

For months I’ve played this build, setting it above all others on a competitive level. It is exceedingly competent at doing the one thing that both drives fear into the hearts of your enemies and sets you up for a competitive career of being target banned. Assassinations. So long as you have a team with a combined intelligence greater than that of a rotten cabbage you can play this build into any game and against any team comp. If skill is one of those things you have in spades then I guarantee you should have no problem absolutely wreaking havoc on enemy lines.

Now my oldest running build, I hold it very close to my heart. It is the direct decedent of the very first triple legendary build that I set foot into PVP with from the safety and comfort of PVE. After months of min/maxing and learning to play PVP I finally had my patented formula of gameplay and gear down that would soon become synonyms with my name. I still have all the post-it notes from calculating damage potential and other theory crafting. When I look back on it now I can laugh at how wrong I was with my math and assumptions and overall incompetence. But now people have followed suit, many Deandes taking up my build and using it for themselves. I’m not going to go out and say I was 100% the first to create this build. However I was the one who popularized it (at least on ps4). I can’t remember how many times I’ve run into a random Deande only to find them using my build. And even if it was their idea to run this build without even knowing about me it is still reminds me of the journey me and my Deande have had since launch, and that maybe I have left a meaningful mark of this game that shall only be forgotten by the end of Battleborn.

Unfortunately this build incorporates a legendary gear piece, and as such one must find and alternative in any scrims or league matches. It doesn’t matter. The King isn’t a crutch, in fact you probably won’t notice a difference between this build and another high powered burst dash build. That’s because the power of the king is in the details that aren’t as apparent right off the bat.

Stats

Cost: 2520 shards
Potential: 1016.7 Damage
EOS Multiplier: 27.275%
PGT: 12.92 seconds
Cooldowns: Burst Dash – 16.9 seconds, Holotwin – 26.2 seconds, Blink Storm – 65.6 seconds
Shield Capacity: 538
SD Multiplier: 9.1%

Notable Variations

If necessary, the Erratic Internal Capacitor can be replaced with a Janked “Old Fashioned”, however this is unadvised if avoidable as the negative effect on that battery is healing received which may end up ruining what would have been a clutch escape. Running a cheap battery of either white or green rarity would also be acceptable if you can live with the additional cost.

Skill Stack

Gear

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

Nemo’s Notes

This build is my favorite backup to my main. It still features top tier damage potential, however in exchange for slightly less damage on burst dash it provides a little extra kick to the rest of your skills (including EOS) as well as having the ability to print money on the fly. Also since this build incorporates not a single legendary it is perfect for competitive settings or all you anti-legendary people.

By far my favorite place to use this build is in meltdown matches. While not a builder loadout by any means, that shard generation helps you pump out turrets and accelerators and bots which can help you on your wave clear, as that is an area in which Deande struggles. Those added buildables can also help shift the tide in a team fight and allow you more opportunities at assassinations. All of that is in addition to the fact that the build is basically paying for itself as you play, so long as the shard generator is the first thing you activate.

This build found it’s why into my archive as I was researching for “the math behind burst dash”. I really liked the idea behind the shard generation over more attack speed or attack damage on a 1019 build. That lead me to keep the build, and now I use it in almost every meltdown match and scrim. It’s a solid second to have backing you up, I assure you.

Stats

Cost: 2562
Potential: 998.5 Damage
EOS multiplier: 30.34%
PGT: 13.97 seconds
SD Multiplier: 21.34%

Notable Variations

First and foremost, you can ditch the Erratic negative on either the shard geni or the battery or both. The only problem with that is that it will cost you up to 588 additional shards to activate your full loadout, for a total of up to 3150 shards total. Not so worth it IMO, but still doable due to the shard generation.

If you want to be a bit more adventurous though you might bump that epic shard generator all the way down to a free one. It will reduce the effectiveness, yes. However you will be up and running much quicker than with the epic, allowing you to gain levels via buildables and do other shard hording type things. I know many people really like running this combo and it is effective, just not something I use.

Gear

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

Nemo’s Notes
This is the most classic of classic burst dash builds, dating back to even before my time. While it may not be my favorite it is a reliable choice as it has been for months, providing you with high damage potential on burst dash with a massive shield capacity and adding a little spice into that melee combo. The drawbacks to this build are the fairly high activation costs, along with one of the longest times to reach full damage potential from full shield depletion.

As I’ve said already the point of this build is shield capacity. It stack a primary and two secondary’s on the stat, which gives it the highest damage potential in the game for any loadout that does not incorporate legendary gear or conditionally active gear. That damage potential is 1019, hence the name I gave it. Cunning right? Anyway, this build is best used for long haul incursion and maybe meltdown games. But even then I don’t run it when I can run the far more effective “Main” build. For only three points less in damage potential my Main build gets so many added buffs over this build, including costing about 200 less shards after the last major update.

In fact the only place I use this build regularly is when I’m in testing mode. This is the optimum build for testing stuff as it has nice clean calculations for damage as well as being the highest non legendary damage build in the game. It makes looking at percentile differences a walk in the park and has become the standard for all my experimentation and theory crafting.

Stats

Cost: 2856
Potential: 1018.8 Damage
EOS multiplier: 28.76%
PGT: 15.6 seconds
Shield Capacity: 636
SD Multiplier: 15.06%
Melee DPS: 264.0
Ranged DPS: 153.6

Notable Variations

For this build the only two variations I can even see as being viable are getting rid of the negative on the battery (which is highly unadvised due to the already high gear cost), or swapping the Bolstering ostentatious sabre for the bolstering duelists glove (attack speed or attack damage). These two gear pieces are interchangeable with little effect on anything in your gameplay, other than a slight increase in DPS with attack damage by about 2%.

Note – There might be something else to consider in the attack speed vs attack damage case, however I will have to test it latter and see if it bears any significance or not. – End Note.

Just remember, it’s not a 1019 build if it doesn’t do 1019 damage. So swapping gear is a little restrictive.

Also as an afterthought, MAYBE, and I can’t stress that maybe enough, you may swap the attack speed or damage for critical hit damage in order to land higher burst dash crits. This is extremely dependent on skill in order to reap the benefits from, and is countered by 24 of the cast by default as they have shields. But mathematically speaking crit damage wouldn’t be a terrible choice if you could consistently make it work.

Free

Gear

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

Nemo’s Notes

This build works under the premise that everything must cost 0 shards. It has mid to low tier damage potential on burst dash but provides a nice little bump to sprint speed to help you get around as well as having a very low potential gain time. Of course, the fact that you can have this build up at the very beginning of the match before even leaving spawn is the major boon.

This build is best used for matches that you know are going to be quick (you know what I mean), or for matches of capture and face off. It is also my build of choice where when I just want to spawn in and go. The games where I want to get in the enemy’s face right off the bat and just push their faces in early game because I’m either pissed or bored or just not in a mood to grab shards. However I should probably warn you that you will defiantly feel the lack of burst dash damage late game, and it will hurt. Especially in incursion.

Stats

Cost: 0 Shards
Potential: 718.6 Damage
PGT: 9.3 seconds
Shield capacity: 440
Sprint speed: 7.33 m/s

Notable Variations

This build has a lot of viable alternative gear pieces. You can swap the sprint speed gear for a movement speed gear or the shield recharge rate for the shield recharge delay. Or both, all for free. There is a minor give and take in the movement speed vs sprint speed area, but it’s completely negligible IMO. However the deference in recharge rate vs recharge delay is approximately a 2 second increase to potential gain time against the shield recharge delay.

In addition to swapping those items, you may want to drop the movement gear altogether and take a free shard generator. It will help you gain levels faster and control the battlefield with bots and turrets. If you push even further you may replace the recharge rate with a free wrench, but that strays too far from the original intended purpose of the build (which is cheap damage) and moves it into the builder loadout category.

Lastly, a free cooldown item isn’t a terrible choice on Deande. I’d be willing to consider swapping the sprint speed for it, however cooldown while it mathematically works on her isn’t a stat I’m completely in love with. No idea why, must just be a personal preference thing.

CBK2*

Gear

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

Nemo’s Notes

This is the highest damage potential build in the game that doesn’t take advantage of conditional gear effects. This build provides all the benefits of the “Main” build but with a little extra skill damage gear to kick the potential into overdrive. Unfortunately, this build has a price tag to match that damage. Up until recently I would refrain from running this build due to that massive cost, however with the price reduction on legendary gear in the latest patch this build has squeaked into circulation as my most expensive regularly used gear set. Still, I only recommend using this build on incursion and when you know the game is going to last a long time.

The name CBK2 is just an abbreviation for Comeback King 2, which is basically just the big brother of my main build. Not too much else interesting about the history on this, I made it for the Comeback king thread, and based that thread on this build. So I guess if you want you can go and read more about it there.

Stats

Cost: 3276
Potential: 1075.4 Damage
EOS Multiplier: 28.76%
PGT: 12.92 seconds
Cooldowns: Burst Dash – 16.9 seconds, Holotwin – 26.2 seconds, Blink Storm – 65.6 seconds

Notable Variations

The point of this build is doing the maximum damage possible. That said, changing out gear for cheaper alternatives really isn’t an option. The one thing you can do is remove the negative on the battery, however that isn’t advised as the build already has a very high cost.

Amalgamations

Amalgamations are my second favorite type of builds. They are highly competitive stat blends that have a higher emphasis on being a better-rounded and more up front character as opposed to a burst dash nuke machine. Make no mistake I still like to keep some of that potential, however many of these builds take on a more melee orientated direction simply due to the fact that you take a lot more damage when running an amalgamation which devalues the shield capacity as potential.

This type of build is highly variable based on player preferences. It affords you the opportunity to pick and choose from a variety of different “A” tier stats and customize for whatever feels best. In fact, most people inadvertently create an amalgamation build when they first start playing Deande just by picking whatever stats look good on her. It may not be a very good build, it may be a triple legendary build, or a health regen damage reduction build, but odds are most people start off with some sort of amalgamation.

As of late my own loadout selection has gone over a major overhaul in the amalgamation section, many of my previous builds being eliminated and replaced by what I believe to be the superior “Frontline Series” of Deande builds. This set of three builds covers a transition from a full on burst dash build to what would be equivalent to something of a tank Deande. The transition starts off light, trading minimal damage potential of melee stats with the first build in the set, but the focus gradually shifts towards melee oriented combat and then towards not dying at all costs.

It’s a beautiful balance, allowing you to equip yourself for any situation imaginable with just three easy loadouts. However you actually have to operate according to intent of the build. That means a drastic shift in playstyle that sometimes trips even me up. I.e. please don’t play strictly like an assassin when taking the tankiest of the three builds. You need to actually move up into the enemy faces and fight them toe to toe. Using these builds has caused me to develop a strategy for Deande that I like to refer to as “frontline by evasion”, hence the name frontline series. It’s not a new concept, the central focus being to remain in the enemy’s face while avoiding as much damage as possible, in addition to absolutely slaughtering in return. I can and have made it work to a great degree of success, however it requires a mastery of the character, especially when it comes to knowing your engagements and match ups. A pocket Miko helps too. Actually it’s surprisingly effective.

Unfortunately I have only seen a few other top tier Deande players realize the true potential of this type of build. Burst Dash is superior, yes, but sometimes you might be situationally inclined to mix things up. When there just won’t be room for assassinations, putting yourself on the frontlines can be a power play that no one will expect, and potentially have a very difficult time dealing with depending on the factors at play (cough randoms cough).

"Frontline" Ultralight

Gear

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

Nemo’s Notes

This is the first model in my set of three frontline series loadouts for Deande. It is the start of the gradation from shield stacking (being a descendant of the 1019) to melee DPS to full on durability stats. Featuring a mid to high tier damage potential, it trades some of the extra damage on burst dash for attack speed to help you dispatch enemies in and minions in close quarters.

This build is intended for situations where you are forced to brawl with minimal or no CC to oppose you. Since the damage potential is still high it affords you the opportunity to make assassinations just like one normally does, however getting in one’s face is now more effective due to the increased attack speed. Play aggressive, but don’t run out into enemy lines like a Bolder. You are still very squishy, and you will get melted if you so much as trip into a bubble bind from Alani.

Stats

Cost: 2520 shards
Potential: 935.3 Damage
EOS Multiplier: 28.76 %
PGT: 14 seconds
SD Multiplier: 15.06 %
Melee DPS: 264 – 277.3
Ranged DPS: 153.6 – 161.3

Notable Variations

Apart from removing applicable negative stats there isn’t a whole lot to change while remaining true to the idea of the build. To be fair that is how it is with most amalgamation type builds since changing even a single stat slot to something else can force the build into a new roll.

"Frontline" Midtier

Gear

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

Nemo’s Notes

The second model in my frontline series, this build starts to take on survivability aspects while leaning strongly towards the melee DPS side of things. It still boasts a fair damage potential should a target for assassination appear.

This build is meant to be played more up front than most. It requires a mastery of the technique that I like to refer to as “frontline by evasion”. You will be able to tank more with it, but not by much. Instead you must rely on your own cunning and the competence of your team mates to make sure you don’t eat a stun chain. However, it is highly likely that since this build requires you to be involved with the frontline at all times the potential on burst dash will seldom see use. This is the build you want for the hardest of carries against a team with one or two good stuns tops. Any more than that (especially if they have a Rath) and you could run the risk of feeding.

Stats

Cost: 2520 Shards
Potential: 766.27 Damage
EOS Multiplier: 26.37%
PGT: 12.33 Seconds
Shield Capacity: 440
SD Multiplier: 5.46%
Melee DPS: 287.0 – 302.5
Ranged DPS: 167.6 – 176.0
Maximum Health: 2028

Notable Variations

If you want slightly higher damage on skills try swapping the green glove for a Violent Ability Catalyst. Doing so will give you similar stats to the ultralight model however, and leaves only one stat slot to distinguish the two builds. As I’ve said variance with these builds is difficult. Too much of it and you’ve created and entirely new build.

Apart from that there are the normal negative effect swaps and rarity swaps at the cost of more shards.

"Frontline" Ballistic

Gear

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

Nemo’s Notes

This is the third and final instalment of my frontline series of builds. It focuses on keeping you alive above all else. It maintained some of the melee DPS aspects from the previous models, however it completely ditched any damage potential in exchange for sprint speed and max health.

Because of that lack of potential taking Calculated Risk is not as necessary, and one may want to take Drain Dash strictly for the added survivability. This is not a playstyle I encourage using regularly. It is designed for the absolute shittest of matches. Like when you have to go up against a stacked five man with low level randoms and they all pick support and Pendles and you know you won’t even have the chance to assassinate someone. Those matches suck, but I’ve made this build do some incredible things in situations like that.

Stats

Cost: 2604
Maximum Health: 2518
Sprint Speed: 7.53 - 7.95 m/s

Notable Variations

The one important variation on this build is replacing the sprint speed with any other survivability stat. Max health would be preferred, however in this situations health regen or damage reduction may be acceptable.

Recon

Gear

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

Nemo’s Notes

This amalgamation features an emphasis on movement speed and sprint speed over other stats. It still possesses a decent damage potential and some minor melee buffs just to round out Deande’s offensive capabilities.

I find that this build is best used in meltdown and incursion monuments specifically. The increased movement speed allows you to employ the “frontline by evasion” strategy to a more effective degree, in addition to being able to cover the large amounts of distance that you find on those maps. Naturally the movement speed allows for easier escapes too. I really like this build for semi-competitive matches because after multiple games of being the slowest character in the lobby it’s nice to just stretch your legs a little and move like a normal Battleborn. That said, I would not use this as a hard carry build as offensive stats are more conducive of kicking ass. It sits in a weird place in my loadout list in the 17/18 spots. I use those two slots for experimenting and testing, however since I’ve grown fond of this build it remains at least semi-permanent so I thought I would include it, even though it has seen many forms and may even change tomorrow.

Stats

Cost: 2436
Potential: 766.27
EOS Multiplier: 26.365%
SD Multiplier: 5.46%
Movement Speed: 5.5 m/s
Sprint Speed: 7.85 – 8.29 m/s

Notable Variations

As I’ve said this build has been subject to quite a bit of change. There was one point when I ran it with a Sketchy Gambler’s “Boilermakers” to give even ore movement speed but I decided I preferred the attack speed instead. I also tried going the other direction and removing a bit of sprint speed by running a Sketchy High-Tailing “Greyhound”, but in the end I decided that the cooldown felt a little lack luster.

The intent is to always have at least a little bit of damage potential so the capacitor has to stay, but if you must then get rid of the negative. Apart from that there isn’t a whole lot of other variation, but feel free to play with it.

Gimmick Builds

These are fun builds. Builds that aren’t serious in any capacity. They are meant to either provide you a challenge or alleviate boredom with a cool setup. These builds come in a wide array ranging from a melee spam build, to a build where you make to Holotwin do all the work, to a build where all your damage potential comes from building stuff.

Since these builds are meant for fun I haven’t really done much testing with them. Some of the stats and calculations are assumed, with me just hoping its close enough and calling it a day. But it doesn’t really matter in this section so long as the effect of the build is entertaining.

I hope some of you find these as entertaining as I do.

Builder Deande

Gear

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

Nemo’s Notes

The pinnacle of gimmick builds within my loadout set, this is arguably one of the most difficult but rewarding builds to use I have ever created. The pros? The damage output of this build is only surpassed by CBK2 and MP “Devastation”.

So why is it not what I use every game? It’s cheap. Deadly. And adds a good bit of survivability through shield capacity. Well, assuming you are not blind, you would have seen that this build is dependent on a conditional effect that is rather difficult to use reliably. The whole gimmick of this build is that it requires you to build stuff in order to gain your damage potential. After the buildable goes up you have a 30 second window to use that shield capacity to kill someone. This can be difficult more than not, especially since the potential gain time is over half your window of opportunity, with the build incurring another penalty of requiring you to have shards on hand at all times without providing any shard generation. However if the stars align for you this build can be devastating and fun. Also worth note is that building the buildable will instantly give you the shield capacity. Makes for some clutch escapes.

I recommend using this if you want a challenge. But as with all gimmick builds, never use it in a serious setting.

Stats

Cost: 2352
Potential: 798.4 - 1033.2 Damage
PGT: 12.3 - 17.2 seconds
Shield Capacity: 440 - 734

Notable Variations

None. There are no applicable negative effects, and if you replace the green rarity items for epics you ruin the gimmick.

Cooldown Spec

Gear

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

Nemo’s Notes

As you can probably tell, the entire gimmick of this build is massive cooldown reduction. It trades potential on burst dash for the ability to spam out skills at an unparalleled rate (for a Deande). This build can make exceptional use of all the cooldown helixes, including Energized at level eight if you are okay with missing out on Deadly Reach. When using this build taking Gathering Storm at level 10 is also not a terrible option if you are confident in your ability to kill with your ult. If done correctly, you can achieve a cooldown time of roughly 45 seconds on blink storm, or approximately 36%.

While this build may be a gimmick build that doesn’t completely de-validate it under competitive settings. The stacked cooldown can lead to you being able to combo with team mates extremely effectively, especially if you are running something such as a Ghalt/Deande combo. Still, it is advised that this build not be used if the enemy comp is comprised of multiple high health targets as your assassination potential is greatly diminished.

Stats

Cost: 2856 Shards
Cooldowns: Burst Dash – 14.4 Seconds, Holotwin – 22.4 Seconds, Blinkstorm – 56.1 Seconds
Potential: 718.75 Damage
PGT: 9.3 Seconds
Sprint speed: 7.24 m/s

Notable Variations

If you were looking to boost your cooldown reduction even further, replacing the Greyhound with a Unstable Reaver’s Bio-Rhythmic Timer might be for you. However, and don’t quote me on this because I haven’t had the need to do extensive resting on it, I believe this specific piece of gear may be bugged and doesn’t apply the conditional effect correctly.

It’s also worth considering the scheming Kamikaze in place of the Matador should you not have it. Or you could even say screw it with damage potential altogether and run a wrench and shard generator with cooldown secondaries.

Additionally, and this is unadvised if you have a healer on your team, you can stack the healing received negative effect on your gear for a little extra cost reduction. If you do this I recommend you keep two versions of this build in case you do have a competent healer on your team.

Echelon*

Gear

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

Nemo’s Notes

This one’s a bit of an interesting take on the whole movement speed topic. We all know Deande is slow by this point, with Beatrix being the only other character who boasts a slower overall sprint speed. Even with Deande’s movement speed being tied for first with several other characters it doesn’t really negate that lack of sprint speed. The aim of this build is to reduce the ratio of movement speed between Deande and another character to give her more sticking power on those who flee. It also helps with just getting around.

The reason I take a Boots of the Brute instead of some other movement speed gear is because slowing the enemy down with the legendary effect is more effective than speeding yourself up with any piece of gear. The legendary effect also procs on burst dash, however it only applies to a single target. That doesn’t really effect Deande that much though as she is epitome of singe target damage. She doesn’t need to slow everything in front of her, just that one person she has marked for death. The other gear pieces I use are just generic stuff. Sprint speed and sprint speed on cooldowns works nicely with Deande’s long cooldowns, and a shard generator just to get the gear up quickly.

All in all this build can have some surprising results early game. The sticking power it gives Deande allows for more kills earlier on in addition to just being even harder to kill. However this build has less of a return late game compared to a burst dash build, and should not be used over one in a serious setting.

I recommend that if you do want to run this build do so on Echelon or in capture games (not outback). Since the whole point of Echelon is the accelerators it amplifies the efficacy of this build, and as such gave it its name. Capture is just fun to screw around with it. It’s not terribly expensive with the free shard generator and the fact that you start with 500 shards on hand.

Stats

Cost: 2350
Sprint Speed: 8.0 - 8.4 m/s
Movement Speed: 5.6 m/s

Notable Variations

As usual you can remove any negative effects on gear at the price of increased shades to activate. Also if you wanted to you might replace the shard generator with something else. Maybe more movement speed or sprint speed. Maybe some shield capacity. Up to you, but I like not having to look for shards in this case.

Melee DPS*

Gear

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

Nemo’s Notes

Oh boy is this one fun. It is the highest attack speed stack I could make that procs reliably. It basically functions like a normal burst dash build, but instead of the damage coming from the dash itself it comes from the follow up melee combo that absolutely shreds in seconds. And yes, the build is dependent on three conditional effects, however they are so easy to proc under a single dive that it almost doesn’t matter.

This build isn’t complex in understanding, it’s just attack speed. No more, no less. You can roll around with it in pubs, and it is quite savage in non-competitive games. However I think I have to most fun with this just running through story missions and melting things. Just try it, you won’t be disappointed.

Stats

Cost: 3108 shards
Melee DPS: 264.0 – 327.9
Ranged DPS: 153.6 – 190.8
EOS Multiplier: 28.77%
PGT: 8.95 Seconds

Notable Variations

You can swap the green gear for literally anything with a secondary on attack speed. You know, so long as it has a useful primary stat. So attack damage would be perfect too for further increased DPS. Also it is worth noting that the LLC blue attack speed gear does not proc off of Calculated Risk. Therefore I recommend not taking it as burning through your shield pool before you get into combat will prevent you from procing the secondary stat on it.

MP "Devastation"*

Gear

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

Nemo’s Notes

Literally the only point of this build is to have a build with the maximum Potential possible in the game. This build has little to no practical value as the conditional effect is difficult to take advantage from reliably. Hence the quotation marks around the word devastation. However when I do use it successfully the feeling of almost 1100 damage on a single body shot is amazing.

Don’t use this build in a competitive match. You are better off with any of the designated burst dash builds I have already outlined. I use this build only to screw around with in matches that will have a little longer play time, yet I’ll be in no danger of losing no matter what.

Stats

Cost: 3444 Shards
Potential: 1016.7 – 1094.9 Damage
PGT: 12.9 – 14.6 Seconds
Shield capacity: 538 – 636

Notable Variations

You can use any blue shield capacity gear to get the same results. The reason I go with the LLC Gear is because it is the easiest to get the benefits from. Other than that there really isn’t anything.

Other Builds

These are builds I couldn’t really fit into any other category. There are only two. The last two lonely builds.

Econ

Gear

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

Nemo’s Notes

In the unfortunate event that you should find yourself in the position of playing Econ in a game of meltdown you’ll want to have this loadout by your side so you can pump out those elite bots at lightning speed. There is nothing flashy about this loadout. It has stood the test of time quite well with its zero shard activation cost and sprint speed to help you get to those shards faster. Though to be completely fair this build could be used on just about any character that doesn’t have a gun as an Econ build. I just don’t use those characters.

Using this build requires you to know how to play Econ and not just kill dudes. Be sure to observe the two minute match time for when the shards initially spawn. Grab as many clusters as you can and start building bots. Ideally you want to have a friend doing the same thing as you in order to share the cost of the bots between the two of you.

Stats

Cost: 0 shards
Sprint speed: 7.53 m/s

Notable Variations

It is not an Econ build without the free shard generator and wrench. If you want change up the last gear item to whatever you want. A free shield? A paid shield? A blue LLC vest? Find what works for you.

Reload Speed Deande

Gear

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

View on lowlidev.com.au

Nemo’s Notes

For when you absolutely, beyond the shadow of a doubt need to say **** you, I can kick your ass as Deande without “broken gear combos” to someone.

7 Likes

still got a bit of editing to go through. for some reason the word “come” is highlighted. no idea why. any suggestions welcome. If I forgot a hyperlink lmk.

perfection shall be achieved.

i need a nap.

1 Like

You know… In a way… I’M a Deande enthusiast…

You know why? :smirk:

3 Likes

I’m taking your rights to play Deande away. You may not even look at her.

Waddle faster.

3 Likes

But… B-But…

Sighs.

Yes, Sir…

abandon_thread

3 Likes

I know very much why… :confounded:

3 Likes

You encouraged it!

2 Likes

I know, and it sort of maybe might have kind of backfired on me.

Oh well.

Fun times were had nonetheless. :wink:

3 Likes

“A thing resembling a mistake may have potentially come into existence completely coincidentally”

2 Likes

And I’ll just sit here pretending like I know what’s going on and giving my support to whichever side wins. Haza

1 Like

Heh, I have the exact same Doomsday Key loadout. I know that the damage potential of this build is nowhere near that of a shield and skill stacking loadout, but it’s actuality one of my favourite builds to use; especially in Meltdown in terms of PvP, as I think the loadout works better in that particular game mode over Incursion. I also agree that it is a helluva lot of fun in PvE and it’s actually one of my ‘go to’ loadouts for it.

I also have another loadout similar to your Ultralight Amalgamation, same gear but different rarities. I was experimenting with it in solo Q yesterday, and it worked out quite well, although I don’t know if that was just my luck. Like you said however, it’s a nice balance between DPS and the Calculated Risk damage potential; you still retain enough Burst Dash damage to assassinate anyone lingering around on low HP, but the attack speed increase definitely helps in terms of wave clearing and lane pushing. I actually think the difference is rather noticeable compared to running no attack speed whatsoever.

EDIT: I’m surprised you didn’t include a movement speed loadout listed under the gimmick builds. Your ‘Echelon’ build is close, but its not the same as full movement speed. (Sorry for being picky). :sweat_smile: Running movement speed is too fun IMO, especially when you’re using it with Escape Plan and Beast of Momentum. (It’s the only circumstance in which I’ll ever use that mutation).

I read a decent chunk of the guide, but if I missed the answer to the questions I’m about to ask, then sorry.

1. What is the advantage of the “Main*” build over the “1019” one? Because if I remember correctly, doesn’t the CBK…
  • Have a chance to steal the EOS multiplier from Burst Dash (I didn’t test this, I thought you said it)
    • Which means one way or another, the 1016 calculation is wrong. So since I’m pretty sure the CBK can be boosted by EOS, then it should either be a bit more, or have the potential to be significantly less.
  • Can’t crit
  • Doesn’t directly scale with skill damage
  • Doesn’t scale in general
  • Causes Blink Storm, Burst Dash, and Holotwin’s explosion to deal less damage
  • And you get less shields and attack speed
    • Compared to a very small cooldown and shield delay boost, and it’s 336 shards cheaper. Along with a nova when your shield breaks after recharging to full, regardless of Burst Dash.
  • Doesn’t seem worth it to me.
  1. Why wouldn’t “Echelon” have a flawed sprint speed gear?
  2. Your “Holotwin Health” build seems to imply that you think it inherits your gear, but it doesn’t to my understanding. I did test “Fan o’ War” and it seemed to increase the Holotwin’s damage, but I didn’t test any other helix. And to be clear, the explosion is boosted by gear, but the Holotwin isn’t.

If I’m wrong about gear not affecting Holotwin, then feel free to correct me. But in my test it looked like it did not.

Off topic question: Why do the first ~2 hits from Holotwin deal reduced damage?

You lose less potential when you take shield damage.

I’ve been experimenting a little with my builds lately again and might have finally found something that works for me (the public hasn’t seen it yet on me and it’s not exactly one of your builds above). Hope I get a chance to test it out later today (there’s only Captain’s Draft games left on PC - people let me have Deande on friday to not stress me out even more by forcing me into other characters, but this won’t go on forever) and might edit it in here if I’m satisfied with it.

Another joke build was/is(?) the “I don’t like pocket Miko” gearset. Purple LLC skill damage, flawed purple Jennerit battery and purple LLC monocle. Very situational and really only is useful if you focus on Miko since you need that helipad sized critspot to get some use out of the third item. (edit: forget that paragraph, it was kind of already mentioned in the main post …)

Btw., you’ve missed a link in your post (movement speed section).

:dukeaffirmative:@Nemosis327: As much as your build/gear guide is amazing on it’s own (what a true labour of love …) the greatest pleasure I got from reading your (entire) post was/is - your use of language. The flow, the sense of humour, the way with expressions. Bravo!

4 Likes

wut happened here?

Blaine responded to a since deleted post by Khimera and subsequently deleted the own.

Went back to your CBK thread, I’m not necessarily saying I doubt you, but it does seem kinda sketch that EOS always favors the higher damage attack.

okay. questions are amazing. lets do this.

first and foremost to answer the issue of the comeback king vs a normal loadout. I had hoped the comeback king thread I made earlier would provide sufficient reasoning, but perhaps the hyperlink was missed.

no. I don’t know why, but the nature of EOS prioritisation always favours the damage of the burst dash, or perhaps a higher instance of damage in general. I have tested this extensively with Blaine and the damage numbers are always constant. Of course if you provide counter evidence I will rework my claims on this issue, but from all the work Ive done with the comeback king the chance that i’ve had EOS prioritise in favour of burst dash every single time up to now would be almost impossible. Therefore I must trust my testing and say that it always prioritises the burst dash base damage. However I will do additional testing just to confirm again as I am paranoid about this kind of thing.

and if anecdotal evidence is worth anything I think I would have noticed my burst dash randomly loosing massive damage given how much i play the character.

it can.

true, but the rest of the burst dash can. And if my math is correct that’s only a 70 point loss on damage for a situation that is difficult to replicate at best (on players). bear in mind I haven’t actually tested crit modifiers a whole lot so I’ll leave this point open for debate.

it does under EOS. And in any case it’s still the highest potential piece of gear in the game.

do you mean by actively affecting the skills or do you mean by loosing out on stats that I could have taken?

when i look at shield I don’t look at the tanking aspect of it since im depleting my shield for damage. What the comeback king allows me to do with my shield is store about the same amount of damage as a 1019 build, yet hold onto more of that damage potential while taking damage on a dive. It holds that damage in a smaller packet which allows me to achieve full potential sooner, especially coupled with the recharge delay on the king.

regarding the loss of attack speed/damage. I guess the cooldown acts a compensation of sorts. it’s not a massive buff, no. However it is still extremely valuable on Deande. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been saved by the 2ish seconds it shaves off holotwin. If it were a choice between the 6.3 cooldown and the 8.4 attack speed, then yes I would take the attack speed. but after factoring in all the added benefits of the king I’m happy to give that up for the cooldown.

I know these differences may all seems small and insignificant, however I have given this topic many long hours of thought and play testing. I really do value the difference in PGT versus other builds and the fact that you hold that 140 damage nova while taking damage. Those two are the biggest pro’s for me, however let us not forget the fact that the nova can proc silent strike on a miss and allow you to finish the kill, or kill with the nova blast outright. those are small buffs though and are rather unreliable.

because im not perfect. fixed.

wrong implication. I intended it to imply that i think holotwin gains health as a percentage of Deande’s. Ergo the specification of Refined Emitters at level 2. From the testing i’ve done you are correct to say holotwin doesn’t get a copy of your gear, but that’s not what I’m focusing on with that build.

of this I am aware.

1 Like

present me with the evidence. prove me wrong. I will attempt to prove myself wrong with you, so that my goal of perfection shall someday be achieved.

1 Like