Nerf Kelvin's (Kevin's) Sublimate

Kevin shouldn’t have a skill that’s not an Ultimate that makes him invulnerable he should at least take reduced damage since like lets say 40 percent reduced damage while in sublimate. I don’t want to be limited to a small handful of characters just to counter Kevin, it’s madness.

2 Likes

Good point. a 75% damage reduction would be ok. It add counter play forcing kelvin players to be more attentive on their health bar (minimally) to be effective.

2 Likes

I kinda doubt change that would happen. Maybe if they just shaved the duration down a bit?

2 Likes

Poor Kelvin can already be CC’d out of Sublimate. If he used the Sublimate for the stuns, he has no escape. If he uses it for escape, then he didn’t use it for its CC. Sublimate is in a good state at the moment. IF anything is to be done to Sublimate it would be to decrease the Stun Duration by like .5 or something (assuming all 2 second stuns are nerfed).

Ghalt, S&A, Galilea, Rath(?) are all pretty good Kevin counters as it is. High DPS characters can also put a lot of pressure on Kelvin as is.

4 Likes

Also, you know, wound.

1 Like

I think it’s fine.

Remove Galilea… you are safe from getting vortex out of sublimate my friend & with your health, you are basically a raid boss to galilea

2 Likes

I guess. Nerfed Gali probably can’t do anything to Kelvins anymore. She WAS a legit threat to him previously though. Vortex into Silence then Lasers of Doom right into his easy-to-hit Crit spots was usually enough to finish a Kelvin off (with(out) Shield Throw Stuns as follow-up).

1 Like

Why?
Would it be okay if it was an ultimate?
Would other characters with an invulnerability skill which is not an ultimate be okay?

That “small handful of characters” contains Attikus, Beatrix, Ghalt, Montana, Rath, Shayne & Aurox and Toby as semi-hard to hard counters. Other general counters would be Alani, Ernest, Galilea and Miko. All of these can either interrupt his sublimate, wreck him outside of it, slow him down to the point where he barely can get anywhere with Sublimate or more than one of these things.

Pendles for instance only have three hard counters; Ambra, Marquis & Orendi.

Ambra has no specific counters.

Boldur has no specific counters either.

And despite her nerfs, nor do Galilea.

While Kelvin may’ve indeirectly become stronger as a CC-tank due to Galilea’s nerfs, he remains the most easily counterable/manageable one.

5 Likes

BroWalrusBro…bull.

2 Likes

Huh? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Nerf Kelvin’s sublimate? They’ve done that before and nobody played him anymore (besides me). The one second stun was only good for disrupting and the decreased speed made it easier for people to dodge or pull him out of it. Even though he currently still has the decreased speed at least they gave him back his 2 second stun.

Though I can understand why people want it gone/nerfed. I mostly blame gear (Borrowed Timer), or 5 mans that like to chain CC to win, in which Kelvin is always chosen just for his stunning. People need to realize he is more then just stuns. At least when I play him I refuse to exploit any legendary gear or be an ■■■■■■■ with him. And I only agree to chain CC with him when my team knows we are going up against skilled players.

3 Likes

He is a gigantic pain in the behind without legendaries as well. Your team literally can’t push out until you see him use sublimate. And even after that, he has another ability that can stun you. Unless I can guarenteed get ghalt and Shayne to counter him, he will be on my permanent ban list.

1 Like

The only thing at the moment that needs to happen to sublimate is to fix the bug where it randomly deals 1k damage.

1 Like

Kelvin comes equipped with his own deande burst dash through sublimate. :cold_sweat:

1 Like

With all of the CC chaining going around, no BB should be allowed to have a 2 sec stun

Deande = exception since her stun is her ult and has about a 70cd. And has a windup time along with a self stun.

I still despise your Kevin, Kevin

2 Likes

Yea I agree, I believe someone mentioned it before but I liked the idea of the stun having diminished returns. 1st thing you stun takes the 2s stun then everything else diminishes to .5 less. So if you sublimate and hit a group of minions by mistake… you wouldn’t be able to stun anything else.

2 Likes

I am still praying for diminishing returns or something similar enough to be adequate

3 Likes

Yea, hope so too, it’s a good idea. This will stop kelvins from blasting sublimate on the entire minion wave to stun everything and any BB in the area… poor lil ol Phoebe can’t even get a bite of XP when it happens. It would make kelvin have to choose his route to effectively stun and still be able to be beneficial to the team. @Codarik since you have kelvin’s number on speed dial say if that happened what will be your take?

2 Likes

I personally would be ok with that. The key to sublimate is to have map awareness and be smart with who/when to stun. ALOT of Kelvin’s I see like to try to stun everything in sight and hope for the best. I already am wise with my sublimate routes so if that were to happen it wouldn’t effect me in anyway.

3 Likes