¡New and Improved! If we, or our forum alter egos, were playable characters, what would our Action Skills be? Now with 1000% more class mods

Credit to @MassiveGat for this one. Just like it says in the title. I wrote this “If Paulothead was a playable character his action skill would be Sonic Snark. It would toss insults around randomly, aggroing anything, even inanimate objects, that it touched. Augments would include elemental damage and slowing down targets, aggroed enemies caught by it could have a chance to sit down and start crying, and their sobs and self doubt would cause Paul’s, and his teammates’, shields to recharge.” for myself. Go nuts, people. I look forward to all of your special brands of insanity in the coming posts.

Class mod: Legendary Wise-Ass, passive boosts include bonus movement speed and accuracy during Sonic Snark, plus weapon swap and melee damage.

12 Likes

The Jefe playable character’s action skill would be Manager.

Akin to Thoughtlock, this would activate his coffee mug. As he sips , he can command various foes to do his bidding. With each new “employee” he’d say “if you could go ahead and kill that guy, that’d be greeeaat” and takes a sip of coffee. Because is right hand is occupied with his cup, ADS-ing is disabled for the duration ( which is just as well because Jefe hates Dahl guns ). The more targets he commands, the more he sips ; and when his cup is empty his AS expires. Cool down period is as long as it takes to brew another pot.

13 Likes

Oops didn’t see this before i replied on the other thread.

I’d be a sentient pie that could change flavors based on what element he used. Explosive turning you into pumpkin becuase pumpkin and explosive are both the best in their respective category. Action skill would be a freeze time effect to mimic what happens when you eat way to much food

14 Likes

Could we call it “Itis Immobility”?

11 Likes

If Enslaved_Salami was a playable Borderlands character his action skill would be called Break Free, I would summon multiple Salami minions with random elements to run and infect people with such elements, by either exploding or melee attacking, you also had a couple deployable cages that you could “Enslave” enemies which would trap them in place for how ever long the AS lasts. Activating the AS, I would scream “Break Free Salami Brethren!”

12 Likes

Adabiviak’s action skill would include bits from Jack’s “Sponsored by…” and Wilhelm’s Overcharge capstones combined with a version of Company Man. Specifically, when activated (and for the duration):

• Jump height is increased
  • Run speed is increased
  • Sponsored By bonuses would be active for all weapons depending on what you were holding when you activated the skill (to which you are locked for the duration).
  • Airborne shots get a stacking critical multiplier that starts low but increases (like Rising Sh0t: it’s easy to get a single shot jumping over someone, but the reward for keeping repeated shots on target while you fly over them (and they presumably move) is substantial. If you are within a cone directly over the enemy, the damage escalates above the limit provided by just being airborne.

The idea is a standard risk/reward paradigm; you can just go with high run/jump speed (good for getting away), or a mild offense (pick up a cheap damage multiplier by taking airborne shots with whatever manufacturer bonus you like), but if you commit to running and jumping over an enemy and can keep your shots on target while doing so (made easier by selecting a good loadout and manufacturer selection at activation), the reward is substantially higher damage.

14 Likes

I think Adabiviak’s action skill should be Lottery.

On activation it randomly spawns gear and randomly respecs skill points. You then have a five second break in the action to figure out what the hell to do with it.

14 Likes

Seconded. And I’d like to try that. I probably wouldn’t be very effective, but I’d be laughing every time I triggered it. Maybe you could get a bonus if you skip the five second break and just charge.

10 Likes

Oh hell yes - would totally hit that! :+1: :laughing:

10 Likes

Carlton Slayer’s AS would be Improvise- for the duration I could merge the effects of different guns , shields and grenades to get random effects- the only downside is that once the AS expires, you’re stuck with whatever newfangled gear you came up with (good or bad). Also, one of my capstone skills would be Wagon Train- it allows me to create an unlimited number of mules that I could send back to home base with any gear i wanted to save for later. The second capstone would be Plato’s Closet- increases my carrying capacity by 1 for every level I have. The last capstone would be Lumberjack- allows you to store and change builds on the fly…

10 Likes

Spicy Hiro’s capstone would be…
One and Only: Once per week he would run very fast opening containers and drawers around automatically, pick up everything, then freeze while all the picked up stuff would be locked and carefully set up on his desk next to all his medecine notes and books. His gear setup would then use one piece of gear and use that one only till it breaks down.

11 Likes

I’d punch everything of course.

15 Likes

I think mine would be an enhanced echo communicator function, where you could temporarily slow time and designate targets for yourself and your pet cyber-dog-with-laser-eyes. Coming out of the slow time would trigger the onslaught.

So a sort of hybrid Pipboy-VATS-Showdown-Dogmeat-ED1E-Wolf+Saint thing.

17 Likes

That’s a whole lot of awesome mixed together.

15 Likes

It’s elegant in its simplicity. Like a perfect drop of water cascading over an edge to become a tiny waterfall. I love it.

16 Likes

Since my real life is pretty boring, I’m going with this:

Sun TsuNami’s action skill would be called Hikari-The Blinding Light. Once activated all enemies are blinded and incapacitated by a Solar Flare.

Sun’s skill trees are:

Taisho-focuses on the element of fire.

Keichitsu-focuses on insect allies who come up from the ground to assist.

Nisshoku-focuses on Sun’s giant friend who acts as a shield.

14 Likes

Damn this thread has really taken off. It’s super cool to see what all you guys came up with. I’m gonna need a lot of time to brainstorm my action skill/ skill trees because as it stands I am totally clueless.

11 Likes

These are two capstones I’d love! When can I play this class?

Dr_Do-Little AS would be idk… Talk with animals ? Or maybe just talk… Or Tame!
It buy you time. So slow time as base and charm white trash animals.
Diplomacy tree let you charm increasingly tough mob. Capstone summon a rabid something.
Balance thru extremes capstone will be the ability to quit and reload one of the last 5 save…! Ok, maybe not but I really should think of something for that tree cuz it would be one.

11 Likes

How about this: Small Packages- weapons with a mag size of 5 or less do increased damage?

11 Likes

Max bonus at mag size 1, like an inverse $shot calculation?

11 Likes