New Bottomless Mags COM in new DLC

holy god - i just tried using a butcher. Why??? I really hope it’s a mistake and not a stealth nerf

Your missing the key note of weapon damage not just damage. This is always an additive.

The real damage in this mod comes from scorching rpms. The fire rate increase will sustain a lot more dps if ammo regen you have is sufficient. Then add more crit dam. If everything was a multiplier the damage would be exponential. They wouldn’t do it.

If it worked your way you would have to use a corrosive weapon to get any effect at all.

I’m aware it’s not all damage but a bonus to weapon damage. It’s a bonus to total weapon damage though not base damage.

Scorching rpms will add a max of about 30% more total gun damage when getting critical hits. 13% more fire rate than before as the 15% is additive with the initial 15%. Same deal with the crit damage. It will most likely be less as people have guardian ranks and possible stats on artifacts and class mods that effect crit damage and fire rate. Any additive damage essentially has diminishing returns.

No you wouldn’t have to have a corrosive weapon to get the benefit i’m describing, as the benefit already exists in anointments that say ‘On Action Skill End, the next two mags will have 50% additional bonus elemental damage’

Not really sure how else to put this across apart from just test it out. That gives your total weapon damage a second damage number that will be 1.5 x the number that it was before using your action skill, or the equivalent if you’re damaging a creature with strengths/weaknesses to that element.

The class mod works in a similar way

1 Like

Alright be stubborn. Let me know when you hit those 30k numbers from 209 damage weapon.
I mean if it’s the a FINAL multiplier if you hit without it you should then should be able pull at least double damage. How these formulas are confusing to you is you don’t seem to understand what multipliers do. They are added at the end of the algorithm all together, then applied applied. So for this even come close to blast master it would HAVE to work my way. If it didn’t, you couldn’t modify the base damage and then multiplier by the very few multipliers in game ( stoke the embers, but you HAVE to do incendiary damage, and the only other modifier that multiplies comes from gear. The % bonus damage is a final multiplier but only multiplies fire damage, not ALL damage. The multiplier would get stuck in an infinite loop of multiplying the bonus damage received as its continually corrosive and would never stop adding bonus corrosive damage as it’s bonus damage type is infinitely waiting for a multiplier that multiplies damage and then gets converted to corrosive so elemental projector is constantly adding bonus corrosive damage because the value is under an infinite loop of calculating corrosive damage to add the bonus that all corrosive damage gets. It might help if you read some of the posts involving damage calculation.

@mac2monster @Chap_Hammersmith

If your using a non splash weapon this would be better. I plan to fully do my CoV build when this new COM drops. I just need survival. The damage is huge and this COM would make it even better.

One thing of note is it doesn’t say it resets when you reload. So it might have a different stacking method than Blast Master.

Hopefully it is better for non splash weapons. But Moze is already so well keyed for splash, then fire… A fire multiplier like was said earlier would have been a choice id like to have.

oh man, this COM is going to be so good with a shock linoge. shock linoge with a rad or cryo or either of the other 2 with a shock anointment will mean putting out 4 different damage types and will be amazing for shredding badasses…

Linoge can come in shock? I got a few and never saw one in shock

i thought it could come in all, but i guess its just rad/f/corr. so then a rad linoge with a shock anoint would be the goal.

Please don’t tell me that I don’t understand how damage calculations work when your last post just doesn’t make much sense at all and has no correlation to what I said. You either don’t understand what i’m saying or it’s you in fact that doesn’t understand damage calculations. What I said in my previous post is not speculation or an opinion, it’s a fact about how bonus damage is calculated.

Look, bonus damage applied to weapons is extremely straight forward and i’ll put this in very simple terms for you:

We will take 50% bonus damage as the hypothetical number. The total damage number that your weapon does pops up on screen whenever you shoot someone. When the bonus damage is applied, a second number will pop up, this number will be half of the original number (providing it’s on a target with the same weakness/resists to that element). This gives you 1.5x the original total damage your weapon dealt

From what I can gather from what you said (and it’s very difficult to gather anything that makes sense in your post) you think that bonus damage applied to weapons only gives you a bonus on base gun damage. No, it gives you a bonus based on your total weapon damage and once again, this is not an opinion, this is a fact.

All anointments and abilities that give bonus elemental damage to weapons work in this way. There are plenty of examples to test, so if you still don’t believe me, there’s a pretty easy way to check it out yourself.

This is all a moot point anyway as we have no idea if the class mod will ever see the light of day.

personally I’d like to see the math your way.

So. Let’s talk about the game and not other users, shall we?

Basically where do you feel this damage gets applied in the formula

100 pt hit x no thing as it’s base dam x class mod 200% = 200 pts.

100 pt corrosive hit = 200 dam x flesh melter 125% = 450 dam corrosive.

Or

100 pt hit (normal) + class mod 100 c dam 100 gun dam x ele (flesh melter) 125% =
100 + 225 = 325

The later is how I want it applied.
On corrosive
100+mod = 200 cor dam x flesh melter 225 = 450 cor dam.

You see the non corrosive are better treated at base than at final.

It’s this:

Bonus Fire Damage:

Bonus Fire Damage is the damage given by Skills such as Selfless Vengeance and Cloud of Lead. In game this will appear as a seperate damage number.

Bonus Fire Damage = [ Bullet Damage x [ Selfless Vengeance + Experimental Munitions + Cloud of Lead ] + [ Normal Hit x Fire in The Skag Den ] ] x Moze Fire Damage

This will probably be part of the “60 days” patch?
the big one

1 Like

We will take 50% bonus damage as the hypothetical number. The total damage number that your weapon does pops up on screen whenever you shoot someone. When the bonus damage is applied, a second number will pop up, this number will be half of the original number (providing it’s on a target with the same weakness/resists to that element). This gives you 1.5x the original total damage your weapon dealt

So not like you said

An earlier post. I’m sorry I have to explain every little detail to you in every post. C’mon man, this is ridiculous. It is how I explained, except I put it in lay mans terms. Stop arguing with me and just test it out, it’s extremely easy to do now there is a test dummy, stop relying on other people’s posts that you clearly don’t understand and test it out for yourself.

Any word on this Green Monster com? Has anyone even seen it in game?

It’s not available yet, DLC1 most likely

this mode alone will be useless if moze dont get another changes