New characters should have unique dialogue

If you’re going to go through the trouble of having them say stuff during battle (which is great, at least for Alani. Pendles remains to be seen. If he has cheesy snake puns, I’m going to instantly love him) why don’t have them interact with the other characters during the campaign?

For example, the part in The Void’s Edge where Wolf is going to hack the door, there is always one character who mentions something when Wolf asks them what they’re doing “after he comes back”. That would be a great place for someone like Alani to say something, yet she is mute.

I understand that the 25 characters are the “main characters” of the game, but when the new characters don’t interact - when they do - it makes them feel as if they aren’t really there.

I’m just saying it would be nice to have the new characters interact with the main ones if you’re going through the trouble to add them in the first place.

Perhaps Alani DOES have unique dialogue, but it requires a weird combination of characters for her to say something, but I’ve put a lot of time into each campaign mission and I’ve heard nothing (though it should be said that outside TVE I have heard unique dialogue in only two missions, The Experiment and The Archive, both Thorn).

What are your thoughts on this?

1 Like

Actually, Alani has dialogue at that exact spot. :smile:

(When asked what the team’s doing after the mission, she replies “I will steep myself in what my people call ‘the tea of mourning.’”)

The upcoming characters will have callouts like that as well.

Would love to see TPS-like interactions between the characters (I believe this was showcased in early alpha footage), but I guess the system to handle all the callouts would be very intricate.

1 Like

The moment I posted it, I was like “Just wait, every single mission you play from now on will have Alani dialogue”

Yeah, I guess I would like the interactions to appear more (frequently) than in The Void’s Edge. :slight_smile:

If you are NOT playing alone there’s no guarantee shell speak.

Pendles has some too. He tells Wolf he’ll just go back to killing things.