New DLC crashing both my xbox one x 's

When I downloaded the new dlc my xbox one x keeps crashing at the sign in screen! So I tried deleting the new dlc and tried again without the dlc installed but still crashes back to dashboard. Happens on both my xbox x’s.
What should I do? We spent $300 x2 on #Borderlands3 Collector’s Edition!
Now I’m deleting borderlands 3 on both my consoles and re-downloading them again to see if that works. I hope so. We have over $600 invested in this game.
Any information on how to get this game to work again would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

I haven’t even been able to get past the first sign in screen to go to Sanctuary and play the new dlc are any of the game!
We don’t play much anymore because it runs so poor on the Xbox one X. It runs perfect on my old VCR black xbox one 30 FPS. Not on my 2 X’s we own we are lucky to hit 30 and going into the inventory menu is so slow its not acceptable for AAA game!
Borderlands 1 and 2 run much better and there old. I think a different team made borderlands 3 with all these problems.
We would be happy to just get are money back. That’s not happening. But $600 for 2 people to play with the collector’s edition when it doesn’t even work at all now after today’s dlc is just sad. I won’t be buying another Borderlands game again. My kids might but you can’t screw me twice!

Are you in the XBox Insiders program? The sign in screen issue only seems to affect those in that program; leaving the program should resolve that issue. I wish there was as easy a fix for the other problems, but it doesn’t look like it. You might reduce the frequency of crashes by turning off all the in-game notifications in the Social menu, but that doesn’t completely solve the issue either.

1 Like

I am a xbox insider. But why does that have anything to do with it? I will leave the program if I have too.

All the reports I’ve seen on the forums where the game crashes at account sign in have been folks in the Insider program. None of them - so far - have not been in that program, and those that have removed themselves from that program report that this fixed the issue. Note that this is not the same issue as general crashing/shutdown of XB1X consoles - that’s different. The sign-in screen issue - again, so far - appears to be specific only to being in the XBox Insider program (and affects all XBox consoles).

This is not the first time that problems have cropped up with a Borderlands title only for those in the XBox Insiders program. I’m assuming that there’s something in the current console OS shipped to insiders that doesn’t play nice with the account sign in.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue, once it says “ press A to continue” and I sign in, game crashes and goes to Dashboard. I don’t have the luxury to just go ahead and get out of this program unfortunately so is there any way to at least get inside the game? One thing is “ i can play but…” this is just no playing the game at all? That seems kind of harsh for a company like gearbox.

1 Like

Also, please report this right after it crashes to Xbox Insider so that they are also aware.

1 Like