New Forum Features Thread

(So long, and thanks for all the fish!) #84

It could be blocked depending on your user level? Let me ping @GeekVersusNerd to see if he can offer any insight on this. If there is a problem that needs moderator assistance, send me a PM.

Edit: It looks like this for me:

52%20PM

1 Like
(GeekVersusNerd) #85

Hmm, could be user level. I’ll ask my minions and if there is work around circle back. As @VaultHunter101 said, if this is a need due to something that moderators should be aware of, please make sure to send Vault a private message.

1 Like
(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #86

how can we view our user level? that’s interesting…

and on to why I came here. I want more likes. Why can’t this happen? Is it because of my “user level”?

does number of years as a member come into play? how many badges you’ve earned in that amount of time? I’d like to know how this is all calculated, if possible?

(First-Sword of the Moderators | Discord Hypesquad) #87

On your user card. I looked at it without being logged in to check it wasn’t just a moderator/admin thing.

I believe that plays a part - I think moderators get unlimited likes, I mean I’ve never hit the like cap but then again I never hit it even in my pre-moderator days.

2 Likes
(So long, and thanks for all the fish!) #88

Yeah - @Kurtdawg13 likes are fixed for each user level, but the intermediate level got disabled since it allowed non-moderators certain rights that could have been abused. (Plus, it had to be maintained through daily activity so it was a bit of a pain.)

2 Likes
(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #89

So what you’re saying is…

2 Likes

Any progress on this?
It’s not vital to the PM in question, but it would be nice to know why it’s not working. If nothing else it’s a feature that “should” work.
Thanks.

(Noelle) #91

You should be unable to remove other users from a PM unless you are an admin/mod (which makes the button always saying “or remove” misleading imo).

If you need a user removed from a PM, the current workaround would be to ping a moderator for assistance. This should make it so that the removed user can no longer view the entirety of that PM thread.

4 Likes