New Forum Feedback Thread

(Not actually Jesus Christ) #1086

Getting rid of the CTT Battleborn forums lowered my likes by about 40… If there was an option to keep those but blank out where you got them, that would be good…

(Watcher on the wall) #1087

Good thing there is no prize for having the most likes.
You’ll be fine plus or minus a few.

(First-Sword of the Moderators | Discord Hypesquad) #1088

I saw about checklists for Discourse - the plugin is on the https://meta.discourse.org/ site and it shows the checklist as needing only

Link to the specific thread https://meta.discourse.org/t/checklist-plugin-interactive-checkboxes-made-simple/36362

or something

Is that something that we could use on these forums? I know I’d find a use but don’t know about many others doing so.

(Sheriff) #1089

You guys added new badges ? :slight_smile:

I got 5 in the last 15 minutes.

That’s a very nice addition

Looks like @nathanielmattock’s search for likes paid off: there are only 5 people with the “empathetic” badge (500 posts with a like and a great like ratio) and he’s among them :wink:

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/badges/39/empathetic

(Cast Iron Chef) #1090

:dukewhistle:

Thanks for the new badges, guys. :dukeaffirmative:

(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW) #1091

i got 3 new badges.

(as a mistake) #1092

I just got “Thank You”, “Respected”, “Appreciated” and “Gives Back”. I know they don’t actually mean much, but it felt really nice to see those titles. It felt rewarding, like there’s a chance that all the time I spent around here actually meant something. :wink:

For some reason the roboto font doesn’t seems to work on the forum (1, 2) (unless I install the font package) on my browser although it does on yootoob’s page.

That was on firefox v45.0 running from ubuntu 14.04 by the way, on a win10 installation the font is working.

(Not actually Jesus Christ) #1094

Yep! Don’t know where they came from though! :wink:

I’ve used my like limit about 3 times… :slight_smile:

(Is this thing on?) #1095

Seeing the same thing here ever since the change that introduced the badges - all text is displaying in my browser default font, and it looks weird in serif after so long as sans serif!

Also, thanks for the badges guys!

I find strage the page’s code not including more generic fonts, at least helvetica or ‘sans-serif’.

…although I’m not a web developer so, yeah.

(Is this thing on?) #1097

Agreed. If you’re going to run a site with a specific sans serif font, the site CSS should at least degrade gracefully using font-family, which would maintain the overall look even if the specific font won’t load for some reason.

I don’t know what’s currently going on, but I suspect that the recent changes which introduced the new badges had some secondary effects. @codinghorror - any idea here?

(Count Karloff) #1098

Hi there. I’ve been using user mentions (@user format) for listing and thanking users that contribute to my O.T.D.H. loot maps for BL2 and TPS. Just got notification that there apparently is limit of 10 mentions per post. As I understand that @user will also notify the user about mention, so this seems perfect solution.

Is it possible to increase this number or is there other similarly convenient way to acknowledging users?

(JOIN ME ON MY PIG NOW) #1099

Moved to the forum feedback thread, as this isn’t news.

(Count Karloff) #1100

Oops, sorry.

Took literally forum description “Discussion about Gearbox-related things and official threads for Gearbox news, website features, and announcements!”.

Also, back some time somebody wished (codinghorror?) that instead posting on this gigantic thread, would be easier to spot these questions/requests if making a new topic. Maybe practises have changed since?

Edit:

(Revolver "Revolver" "Pink Ocelot Terror Ghost" Ocelot) #1101

Personally, I’d say increasing a number isn’t big enough for a topic. A nasty bug though, that’d be something suited for that.

(Influencer Guy) #1102

Yea, I believe our friends at Discourse introduced some new badges. It’s kinda funny, because @Jeffybug and I had the same conversation as you guys the other day:

“Whoa I just got like five badges”

“Whoa me too”

(99 HellbornKriegers) #1103

Why am I mixing Discourse with Discord?

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERCH (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

(The Magnificent) #1104

font-family seems to be marked as “Roboto” but it’s falling back to a sans-serif font for me (looks like Arial or Tahoma but I can’t actually tell because font-family has no fallback).

You shouldn’t be getting a serif font.

EDIT: found out why, there’s a global attribute for font-family that is Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif.

Nobody should be getting serif fonts at all, at least to my eyes.

(Is this thing on?) #1105

I hadn’t noticed earlier, but the situation seems to have resolved itself. I don’t have time right now, but I’m going to poke around later and see if I can figure out what changed.