New Forum Feedback Thread

(T0p Gear C0llect0r) #1106

What just happened to the old font?

Please tell me that this new one can be easily reverted back, so that I won’t be forced to eyeball my way through the entire forum any longer :confused:

(Not actually Jesus Christ) #1107

I haven’t noticed any font change.?

It has been fixed a while now, the page properly falls back to helvetica incase it can’t use roboto.

It may not even have affected a lot of people:

Besides, it’s not like most people would even notice a difference between roboto, helvetica and arial without side-by-side comparisons anyway.

(Is this thing on?) #1109

OK, I understand that the Discourse folks are always fine-tuning things they believe will help foster and develop community. But a badge for using an EMOJI? Seriously? :blconfused:

(Watcher on the wall) #1110

It gave me a chuckle when i saw it.

This is the real world folks. Emojis make the world go round. Dont stop posting them or we’re all going to ■■■■■■■ die.

(Revolver "Revolver" "Pink Ocelot Terror Ghost" Ocelot) #1111

Well, at least one of us here doesn’t have a crippling addiction. :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh ■■■■.

(Not actually Jesus Christ) #1112

Don’t look at the end of most of my posts. :wink:
You see, it is spreading!

(Watcher on the wall) #1113

It’s…It’s…THE SPREADENING!

(Not actually Jesus Christ) #1114

Wait… Where is the emoji?! Aaaahhhh! :wink: :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

(Watcher on the wall) #1115

…I’m a rebel…

(JOIN ME ON MY PIG NOW) #1116

My emojii badge dates back to the sanity thread. And they were ironic.

Not a fan of emojii.

(Not actually Jesus Christ) #1117

Welcome to Insanity.

(Oxstar) #1118

Just wanna know, where’s the slider used to drag the window up and down on the right hand side? We’re in 2016, not 1980.
There’s no reason to not have it there other than annoying me when I wanna read last replies in a long thread.
Skipping it isn’t… edgey at all guys.

(Where's lucky?) #1119

You use the box on the bottom to move to the top or bottom quickly, also this is not a battleborn topic.

(Rick is my Spirit Animal) #1120

Think the OP is referring to the GBX-forums.

to the OP: my bowser has an edge slider for this forums webside. If yours don´t maybe check your browser options.

(Steve) #1121

The scroll bar seems to show up sometimes and disappear other times. I haven’t figured out the pattern with it yet.

Infinite scrolling is an unholy abomination.

(Is this thing on?) #1122

I managed to persuade Firefox to always show it. Depending on which browser you use, you may be able to achieve the same result. My main complaint is that it remains a piddly little CSS gimmick instead of a real scroll bar, but then I’m also an old curmudgeon so don’t mind me (just stay off my lawn!)

(Is this thing on?) #1123

I have a suggestion regarding the “Suggested Topics” that appear at the bottom of a thread (below the last post). First, consider the following screen shot carefully:

Notice that the most recent activity in the top-ranked suggestion is from spring 2014, two years ago! No wonder topics get necro’d periodically.

My suggestion would be to either tweak the algorithm behind the suggestions to drop anything over a certain age (the algorithm is pretty dumb anyway!). Failing that, sorting the suggestions so that those with the most recent activity are shown first might be a good plan.

Cheers!

(Not actually Jesus Christ) #1124

Got 2 auto-flags because of that accursed thing! :wink:

Edit: @VaultHunter101, I made a topic on the Discourse Meta to help with this quicker.

(Is this thing on?) #1125

Do credentials from here carry over to there, or do you need a separate account to post there?