New Forum Feedback Thread

(Is this thing on?) #1267

The bad word filter seems to be something of an encumbrance. Circumstantial evidence is mounting that attempts to deter those who would circumlocute the filter are cumbersome in the extreme.

@codinghorror - this is all vastly entertaining, but clearly not sustainable!

Random Talk Thread, Mk. III
(<Deep Space Planet Future Gun Action>) #1268

I didn’t even think about a simple typo, I thought it to be somewhat deliberate - to prevent cir■■■vention of the filter. :smile:

But there are 4 keys between “U” and “*” on my keyboard (german layout).

(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW) #1269

honestly, this level of overcensorship is like using a giant beam of light to censor anime boobs. It’s really god damned obvious what’s being censored.

And smoker. been a while.

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #1270

This has been resolved. @Sm0kerCrew was correct, it was an issue with the * being a wildcard.

(Best in Funk's collection) #1271

Thanks!!

It did bring us a lot of entertainment :smile:

(Is this thing on?) #1272

Fortunately most of us managed to find s great deal of humour in today’s episode of “When regex strings go wild”. Glad it’s over, though. Thanks to whoever found and fixed the relevant code.

(The One-Armed Bandit) #1273

Either you fellas or the Devs here have been twiddling with some buttons. I swear the text sizing for nametags and titles is way larger than usual.

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #1274

How recently did you notice this change? We did recently update font sizes. We used to have over 50 different sized fonts, now we have a much more reasonable number:

(The One-Armed Bandit) #1275

Only noticed it today. Definitely wan’t like this a couple days ago.

A couple of people (myself included) also noticed that the notification bubbles offset from the profile picture has been changed, which is weird.

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #1276

OK, did some digging. While the font size update was added to the code repo a week ago, Gearbox was last updated a day ago, which explains why you’re just seeing it. Haven’t noticed the notification bubble issue, can you share a screenshot of what you’re seeing?

(First-Sword of the Moderators | Discord Hypesquad) #1277

I think he means like this

It used to be slightly higher up on the picture.

(The One-Armed Bandit) #1278

Yeah, that’s what I meant. The number is positioned differently in the bubble - may be due to the font sizing.

(Best in Funk's collection) #1279

Is Gearbox trying to gaslight us…? :flushed:

(The One-Armed Bandit) #1280

Hmmmmmmm…

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #1281

(Not a Lizard Person ) #1282

Whaaaat? Haha, noooooo. We would never do that! You’re totally imagining things…haha…:sweat_smile:

(Penguin connoisseur.) #1283

That’s what you said about Coffeeguy… :smirk:

(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW) #1284

Futurama-Fry

([-10h GMT] PS4: Raven-Ghosthawk || Perma-brow Vulcan) #1285

Can tech look into an issue where mobile seems to be offline when attempting to log in? Says something about the app seeming to be offline, and I think my complaint got baglocked. I mean, backlogged.

(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW) #1286

it’s something to do with your browser. go into your app drawer, close the browser, and reopen. should be working. Also I’ve had this happen on mobile and desktop.