New Forum Feedback Thread

(Watcher on the wall) #1307

Seems like they made it “disappear” to get it out of the way when not in use. All you have to do to make it reappear is scroll up just a touch.

(Best in Funk's collection) #1308

Yeah. It’s not too difficult to scroll a bit to get it to come back but it does feel like a completely unnecessary extra step lol

(Is this thing on?) #1309

It’s the new web design meta. A number of sites do that with their entire site banner, which is really annoying when it covers up the bit you were reading because you just happened to scroll a little bit.

(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW) #1310

That’s the problem. The menu is never in the way. I would VASTLY prefer having my navigation tools there at all times, then the thread title.

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #1311

oh man. this is super annoying. I’m with @Hattie on this. don’t like that change at all…

Me too

it doesn’t need to be out of the way. it’s always present on a PC, why not mobile. Can’t stand that change, and I’m glad I came to see what’s up in this thread as I’m finding I’m not alone in my annoyance…

edit:

Second! or Seconded! not to sure on the wording here. Where’s the best user of English when you need them? @Piemanlee

(Best in Funk's collection) #1312

Yeah. This hasn’t been an ‘I got used to it in a week’ thing, this is still maddening.

(The Bearer of Pie and Best user of English) #1313

Same with me

(In the cloud, No one knows what you're wearing...) #1314

I got used to it, but it’s still kind of annoying.

(Best in Funk's collection) #1315

Any way the annoying system notifications - editing posts from years ago - could be halted? It seems a bit unnecessary lol.

(Is this thing on?) #1316

Agreed. Not sure if there’s a setting for that in personal preferences. @Noelle_GBX - can you ask if there’s a way to suppress system edit notifications?

Edit: Looks like you can add @system to the list of users you won’t get notifications for, but that may block more than just the edit notifications.

(Cast Iron Chef) #1317

What the hell, @system?

The picture of Toby wearing Deande’s makeup and wig is the post system was “talking” about.

(Best in Funk's collection) #1318

It is just about the most ridiculous system-ish thing I’ve seen happen on the forum

I did just get reminded of this post

(Cast Iron Chef) #1319

Don’t get me wrong, if I had the money to fund the development and actually owned the rights to Battlborn, GBX would be working on it after Borderlands 3. :dukewhistle:

(Penguin connoisseur.) #1320

Yeah, this whole thing went from “oh, i remember that post! Good times!”, to having to sift through dozens of qoute edits every time i log in. Please fix this.

(Benedict's Glorious Wingspan) #1321

@system Aw, I see how it is! Little Finisci gal flashes a lil’ tail feather an’ suddenly yer all “You’ve just bought the rights to Battleborn!” SMH.

(Vault Hunter - Borderlands Addict) #1322

@system …all the edited posts. Are you stalking me?

(Noelle) #1323

I think we found the setting that should stop this, but if it keeps happening we’ll take our pitchforks over to Discourse and try something else.

(Is this thing on?) #1324

Speaking as a bit of a Borderlands fan - Corrosive, Fire, or Shock Pitchforks? :stuck_out_tongue:

(Best in Funk's collection) #1325

Make sure they’re Mainstream’d!

(Cast Iron Chef) #1326

Does this mean I don’t have the rights to Battelborn? :dukesad: