New Game Modes Discussion

Although this game is moba-esque I really look forward to a traditional 3 Lane moba mode.
Incursion is great and all its like smite’s joust but I still have the desire of the proper MOBA mode.

Feel free to bring in any other ideas you have

I want to see a full wave mode/horde mode. I want to see a full tower defense mode. I want to see a flood mode (like wave defense but rather than waves they just keep coming, no break in between). I want to see a tug-of-war mode where both teams start with 500 points and try to take the other teams points until they have 1000. I want to see a lot of things.

3 Likes

The tower defense mode sounds awesome. I think it can be a either a 1v1 mode or 2v2 (small teams yaknow for longetivity).
Flood Mode sounds amazing as well gives the control characters a lot of love.
Tug of War could be Capture Maps (from what i read of its description in open beta) and I’m looking forward to it.

2 Likes

All of the above, really, but gonna throw in one more: Tutorial Mode. It took way too long to figure out the finer points of the game (teleporting back to base for once. Seriously, that can change your game) and it’d give a good way to try out a new character and see if you like them before actually having to take then through a full game

2 Likes

For the Tower Defense mode I was thinking of Co-op and Versus modes. In Co-op it is your team of five against set waves (or Endless/Unlimited Waves if you set that as a variable - like Hardcore mode) where you construct towers to defend against each wave. In versus it is 2 teams of 5 each fighting to defend against the other teams waves of minions while trying to push their own. The towers will be necessary. Without them there are too many minions to fight. You do need to fight some minions to get the currency needed to build the towers (most likely shards) but it is impossible to fight off all the minions without the towers. The better you do against the minions though the better towers you can afford to build.

Tower ideas? Different projectile types. Single target projectiles. Single target projectiles (or energy beams) that chain to other targets. Single target projectiles that branch out/split to multiple targets. Projectiles that cause AoE damage upon impact. Towers cause damage or create an effect in an area around them (PBAoE).

Different firing modes. Single shot. Burst fire. Full auto fire. Sustained beam.

Different ranges. Sniping range. Long range. Mid range. Short range. ‘Melee’ range.

Different damage types and/or effects. Damage. DoT. Slow. Stun. Knockup. Push. Blind. Root. Pull. Extra damage to shields. Extra damage to health. Shield piercing.

Shielded towers. Minion spawners (x type). Minions spawners (mixed type). Minion spawners (elite type). Hero spawner (AI/bot Battleborn with skin that makes them look like a robotic/Minion Corp version of the original - skin unlockable for players in game through x challenge).

Everyone starts with several tower types they can build (perhaps 5 types of towers out of 10 or 15 available starter towers randomized for each player). More kinds of towers can be built as blueprints are found. Loadouts can be created and selected before each match. More powerful towers will cost more shards to build.

Amidst the level there will also be the standard buildables such as the turrets, supply depots, accelerators, and drone spawning points.

The objective is to survive until you have passed every wave in the standard game mode (or as long as you can in the endless wave mode).

2 Likes