New Ideas for Borderlands 2, Weapon Sandbox Idea

People love to use modded weapons, but when brought on to an online scenario, this can potentially take away from the fun of the game to the other players who are looking for more of a challenge. What if Borderlands 3 offered a sandbox mode with weapon customization for extremely ridiculous gun combinations, like modded weapons on Borderlands 2. In this game mode it would be similar to playing after all missions are done and would only be unlocked after reaching the highest level/ overpower level in the game. All raid bosses and mobs would have insanely high legendary drop rates, but in this mode no achievements or anything similar to bad ass levels will be able to be obtained. This would have no effect on the actual game, but appeals to the player base of the game that wants to run around with insane weapons and one shot raid bosses. This is just an idea i had after watching many youtube videos surrounding these overpowered weapons. Thank you for your time. - PS3 PSN - fireup123456

2 Likes
New Ideas for Borderlands 2, Weapon Sandbox Idea
[quote="spencerdunbar, post:1, topic:1370478"] What if Borderlands 3 offered a sandbox mode with weapon customization for extremely ridiculous gun combinations, like modded weapons on Borderlands 2. [/quote]Should re-word your thread's title.

To the subject at hand, creative thinking is a plus, but unfortunately, I don’t think it’s gonna work out the way you thought. In my honest/personal opinion, weapon customization might be viable for “Borderlands”, but probably not for the main story mode as this would probably conflict with the loot system that “Borderlands” is known for.

As for the massively increased drop rates, I think you’re gonna run into serious opposition with that as it is extremely likely that folks are gonna join merely for the drop rates and not the experience/interaction that co-op was more-or-less made for.

1 Like

I am talking about a completely different game mode, there should be some type of limitation that makes it more advantageous to play in the story game mode. maybe scrap the insane drop rate idea and more have it for just a sandbox to test crazy guns?

Well, possibly, although I will be honest that I currently can’t see Gunsmithing in “Borderlands” outside of competitive multiplayer…: CONCEPT: Online Player-vs-Player/Environment Arena for Borderlands

Yeah it could be used for speed runs or for people who wanna speed kill bosses and stuff like that, just fully customization gear like using gibbed in game, i feel like that would kind of take away the point of hacking in the game you

I agree that Gunsmithing would take away the point of hacking, but I’m still having conflict issues with it as a whole. (Don’t worry, it’s not your fault.)

yeah but putting it into a separate game mode will allow it to filter the players who are into the game to play it in its natural form while other people who want to play the game hacked can do so without them having to cross paths like in normal borderlands, also when patching those hacks gearbox sort of disappoints the users (for a good reason)

1 Like

Sounds kinda neat, almost like Forge on Halo but with custom weapons and bosses.

3 Likes

Makes more sense with more explanation.

What is the incentive for doing this? If you can mod the gear to ridiculous levels then you need to make the enemies the same way- in which case there is no point in playing that mode since the player has a chance to create something that takes away any idea of ‘difficulty’. One shotting raid bosses, even in the arena you propose, sounds pointless and absolutely boring IMO. Again, I can see that your plan is a totally optional choice- but if I can kill any raid boss solo, what kind of enjoyment of the game am I going to get playing with outrageously modded gear? And as for speed runs, why would they be considered legit in this arena? Not being part of the regular campaign would take away any aspect of legitimacy I would think…

3 Likes

I don’t know about all that, but I definitely want some level of customization. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve found an awesome gun with an awful sight or a melee blade or something. I want to be able to spend money, eridium, moonstones, or whatever to change it up to my liking.

I also would like to be able to change the appearance of the gun; for instance, I love the look of those camo-style Dahl SMG’s and the Bekah, among others. It would be cool to be able to change my other guns to look similar, and be able to pick my own custom color-schemes.

1 Like

They would not be considered legit it may be a whole other category for special guns and special gear set speed runs. While you may not see the point in this, what is the point of hacking the game in the first place? to do exactly that and to mess around, this idea sort of takes the power away from anyone wanting to hack the normal game and filters them into its own category. If this side of the game didnt appeal to you, you could just chose to ignore it, which i think gives the player more options with the game, along with fun customization, who knows maybe you could have something similar to a mod menu where you can set the enemies to certain levels or turn enemies into different things while wielding a pepperbox unkempt Harold, with a perfect sham/ bee/ nova shield all merged into one

“Ultimate Raise Hell Mode”

1 Like

basically how i see this working is having a character within a character, have one inventory or what be it for standard play, but have another for this mode that can only be accessed via the new mode

thats what i had in mind, or just make it an option to have like every skill tree maxed out and stuff

I’m picturing a dpuh shooting norfleet orbs that explode into more swords.

2 Likes

[quote=“Piemanlee, post:16, topic:1370478, full:true”]I’m picturing a dpuh shooting norfleet orbs that explode into more swords.[/quote]Too OP, brother…

1 Like

I’m rather questioning why alot of people want gunsmithing in a game who’s gameplay is based around farming gear that’s tied to RNG.

And no, call me a purist, but these things should stay far away from this IP.

3 Likes

What- you don’t want to try an Infinity Norfleet with a ShamBee shield? :laughing: (Just to be clear, I’m not in favor of this idea either but it is fun to make fun at the nonsense that folks would create…)

3 Likes

I can’t speak for everyone, but I farm all my gear legitimately, and as I said above it sucks when you get that gun you’ve been after and it has an atrocious sight on it or it’s the melee version. What am I supposed to say, wait for the next one? Assuming I actually see another one? It would be nice to be able to fix the problems and not have to keep farming for hours.

The color customization would just be a bonus.