NEW IN-GAME EVENT: BROKEN HEARTS DAY - Coming Feb 13th!

New seasonal event and themed loot coming to Borderlands 3 soon.

Broken Hearts Day is fast approaching in the Borderlands, and Maurice, Sanctuary III’s resident sentient Saurian, is hoping you’ll assist with his ongoing study of the human condition as he turns his attention to our species’ courting rituals. You’ll be well rewarded for completing Maurice’s challenges during this new seasonal event revealed on episode five of The Borderlands Show, and don’t worry, you’re not being asked to do anything inappropriate. Simply shoot down the floating hearts that are swirling around enemies across the galaxy as you go about your regular Vault Hunter business.

The hearts take several forms and break in different ways: some will fall to the ground with a fiery explosion, while others might drop loot or briefly turn enemies into allies, for example. Maurice will keep track of how many hearts you’ve broken and mail you the following event rewards as you reach each of these totals:

10 – “ECHOcardiogram” ECHO Skin
25 – “Cosmic Romance” Weapon Trinket
50 – “Terminal Polyaimorous” Legendary Maliwan SMG
75 – “Heartbreaker” Vault Hunter Skin
100 – “Wedding Invitation” Legendary Jakobs Sniper Rifle

Hearts will start to materialize across the Borderlands once the February patch deploys. You’ll then have one week to assist Maurice before this seasonal event ends. If you don’t want to take part, you can opt out of the Broken Hearts Day event from the main menu after pressing Play, but when you join an online game, the host player’s settings will determine whether or not the event is active.

For information on some of the other exciting stuff we have in the works for Borderlands 3, check out the Community Love Letter we wrote for you. We mostly skipped the soppy stuff and instead jumped straight into planning our future together with a new update roadmap, which includes plans for things like Mayhem 2.0, skippable cutscenes, level cap increases, and upgrades to the Guardian Rank system. <3

17 Likes

Freakin awesome.

1 Like

Yes! Maurice is back in action. Really enjoy his slightly offputting dialogue.

5 Likes

Will this be a full patch with other fixes?

1 Like

@Noelle_GBX Thank you for the detailed roadmap and communication! This is the kind of detailed “roadmap” and information about the future of BL3 that I believe the community would appreciate receiving more regularly. The more communication between the devs and the community, the better the long-term chances for success for BL3.

7 Likes

Will the guns from this event be one time drops or will they also have a dedicated source we can farm for better rolls?

Yea … can we hit level 53 before getting these?

1 Like

Will this be an account wide unlock, or a per character basis?

• props for moze being in the picture, and the event having a toggle :heart_eyes:
2 Likes

I’m done. A marginal level cap increase while stil making all the hard earned farmed items obsolete without the ability to opt out of this nonsense. No thanks.

Especially in the case of the Bekah, which you can only get once per character, this is just a poorly thought out idea. And I have a FL4K who relies on this rifle.

12 Likes

No new weapon skin as a reward for this event?

I just made a post regarding the lack of new weapon skins, since the Halloween event, and this is kinda disappointing.

2 Likes

Lets hope for more his comments while collecting the hearts, not only on the rewards levels.

@Noelle_GBX any confirmation that the weapon rewards can be obtained multiple times? 50 and 100 looks like a small amount, so we will be not at max lvl.

2 Likes

A new season BL3 event and early access to Darksiders Genesis? Best 3-day weekend ever

Baby baby why ya gotta make me wait? Lol

Also could you add a dahl shotgun better than conference call since hyperion has the redistributor which is better than all the dahl smgs?

Not trolling at all or being negative just a request from a dahl fan and wishing dahl weapons were as equaly sought after as jakobs and hyperion.

Shotguns name could be “baby dahl” and upon elim could be like breath of the dying except killed enemy fires out hearts that pierce any enemy along with gaining damage after each enemy it passes through. Red text could be “To Leda my world” weapon could come in incendiary, or cryo

Incendiary could be “red hot baby dahl”
Cryo could be “cold shouldered baby dahl”

Not asking for any rights to it or anything just would be cool to have a dahl shotgun besides the malaks bane and such that waste so much sniper ammo to use their shotgun mode along with not being impactful at all.

3 Likes

Are the legendary guns new guns or just random maliwan smg/jakobs sniper ?

During the video the smg looked like it was chaining like a Redistributor. So it’ll likely be a new Moze meta gun. I wasn’t entirely sure what the snipers red text is but I believe it’s also entirely new.

The sniper is fire with cryo on ricochet bullets. I gueass they are just a unique so probably blue rarity. But in the end it doesn’t matter.

It reminds me of the vibra pulse actually

I haven’t had time to watch any promotions for the Valentine’s day event but are we getting a new set of event exclusive anointments from this event?

It’s only one week long, so I would say no new anointments. The hearts are the boost to gameplay.

1 Like

Thanks, but that is heart breaking.

1 Like