New ship parameters?

Are these new ship parameters? I could not find these in old HW2 ship files.

NewShipType.minFalloffDamageDist=0
NewShipType.maxFalloffDamageDist=150
NewShipType.maxFalloffDamage=100

I get the first two, but the “.maxFalloffDamage” could mean a few things depending on how it is interpreted. any help here would be great.
So any notes on these? A am assuming incoming damage? range in meters?

addAbility(NewShipType,"CanBeCaptured",160,0.5,"CapCap");

addAbility(NewShipType,"CanBeSalvageCaptured",0,1,0,0,1,"SalCap");

addAbility(NewShipType,"CanBeRepaired","RepCap");

Also looks like new parameters in repair and capture abilities that reference these lines

loadLatchPointList(NewShipType,"SalCap","SalvagePoint1","SalvagePoint2","SalvagePoint3","SalvagePoint4","SalvagePoint5","SalvagePoint6");	

loadLatchPointList(NewShipType,"CapCap","CapturePoint0","CapturePoint1","CapturePoint2","CapturePoint3");

loadLatchPointList(NewShipType,"RepCap","RepairPoint0","RepairPoint1","RepairPoint2","RepairPoint3","RepairPoint4","RepairPoint5");	

would like to know the parameters for this one, looks like a lot…

addAbility(NewShipType,"CustomCommand",1,"Drones",1,0,1000,200,0.25,2,0,"data:Ship/Kus_DroneFrigate/Kus_DroneFrigate.lua","Start_DroneFrigate","Do_DroneFrigate","Finish_DroneFrigate","Kus_DroneFrigate",1.15,2,1);

Can you have multiple custom code lines per ship? my experiments say no, the last one is the only one executed

addCustomCode(NewShipType,"[SCRIPTNAME]","[???]","[FUNCTION ON CREATION]","[FUNCTION ON UPDATE]","[FUNCTION ON DEATH]","[?SHIP TYPE TO APPLY TO?]",[?UPDATE FREQUENCY?]);

battle scars changed it looks like

NewShipType.battleScarCoverage=4

NewShipType.battleScarBudgetLow = 800

NewShipType.battleScarBudgetNext = 1200

Any info here? would love some official definitions to the new functions .

Yeah, I really wish I knew what argument 3, 5,6,7,8,9,10,11, and the last 2 were.

7 seems like it might be max energy, and 8 the minimum required to aciate. 9 maybe the drain per second. I’m not seeing which is activation cost, which is odd. So my guesses are probably pretty wrong.

17 does seem to be update frequency. Some have 18 or 19 args, like Scout’s Speed Burst.

I’m also trying to figure out a way to turn something off in the lua, and make a toggle ability. Not seeing how to do that.

Which function are you talking about? Other then these news ones I have most of the ship and weapon documented with added notes. The old Wiki is not responding anymore :frowning:

The only function there with that many arguments. addAbility()

The “CustomCommand”? Yes that is one we really need more information on as it seems to be one that the devs used to add allot of the HW1 abilities.

thats just scuttle damage

you can also add this code in and it will work if you want to tune it more
NewShipType.minFalloffDamageDist=0
NewShipType.maxFalloffDamageDist=150
NewShipType.minFalloffDamage=10
NewShipType.maxFalloffDamage=100

obviously you can set the numbers to what ever you want.

Thanks, that explains it nicely.

I was puzzling over this one last night

setConcurrentBuildLimit(NewShipType,0,2)

I tried it out, couldn’t build two things at a time, set the 0 there to a 1, couldn’t build 2 things at a time.
What does this work with?

The final parameter controls the number of build slots available. things get a bit weird if you go over two, but it works.

Did you add anything else to the ship file to make it work? It seemed unresponsive to me with a 1,2 and a 0,2 combination (I assume the first number is on/off status like normal)