New Thorn build video

This is my second video, any and all feedback is appreciated!

I noticed my playstyle had a few quirks that optimized Thorn’s effectiveness. For instance, leveling while jumping, aiming her ult in mid-air, etc. I’d love to know if anyone else shares stuff like this and what they are.

And I implore you to check out the gear loadout at the end. The combination of health regen I use makes it so it’s practically like I’m standing next to a healing station no matter where I am.

Anything you dig? Anything you don’t? I’d love to hear about it. Thanks!

1 Like

I like this! Subscribed!

You’re awesome, thank you!

Awesome video. Very similar to my build

1 Like

Thanks! What do you do differently?

I use the same skills tree and the same items (apart from the Leg). Imo there is little else to do because most of the options are pretty useless. And considering blights importance, I feel I have no choice.

Personally i’d like her melee attack to stick a DoT on enemy. I like being aggressive when players on the opposition don’t have characters that can fly or double jump or stun. Stick Blight behind them and punch them backwards into it. Soon as they turn their back, Volley for the win. Thorn actually has a really good melee attack, quick and responsive.

Out of interest, are you PC or Console. I’m sure my Volley takes longer to fire even with Instant selected in the options.

1 Like

Really it’s the gear. The only thing I did different is that I don’t have the legendary for thorn yet. Because of this I’ve been testing different items. + to shield, the pacifier, + to health. All of which work great under different circumstances. The + to damage is awesome but I work on increased survivability which keeps my presence on the field going longer.

1 Like

I’m on PS4. Takes longer to fire on PC?

Also, what do you mean by the “leg”?

The Legendary you had in the loadout :slight_smile:

I’m on PS4 too, but i’m starting to think it’s just lag at times. Managed to get a couple more of the jump kills last night but still only 5/20. Hate doing this challenge. Would’ve mastered her weeks ago otherwise.

Yeh I tend to have 2 items with health boosts, really ramps up my health later in game its big and makes me hard to kill. Allows me to get in close then run like hell if I fail in close combat lol

1 Like

I’m on PS4 too, but i’m starting to think it’s just lag at times. Managed to get a couple more of the jump kills last night but still only 5/20. Hate doing this challenge. Would’ve mastered her weeks ago otherwise.

Huh, that’s weird. I just rapidly double tap L1 and it fires right away. Could it be something to do with your controller? PS4 controllers aren’t the greatest. 5/20 in one night isn’t terrible. I was getting between 3-5 per game (mostly 3) when I started the challenge. Luckily, you only need to do it 20 times. Keep at it! Her legendary is amazing.