New to battleborn help

hi all my friend and I tried playing story mode today and it seems very difficult on one of the missions where you defend the points, the third point is overwhelming. I chose the guy with the minigun and my friend used the female character that gives the team an overshield (sorry names escape me right now)

Is this designed to be played only with more than 2 people? or are we just bad haha

edit I just checked and the guy I was is Montana and she was Reyna.

3 Likes

If you can remember the name of the mission I can give some tips to help out that’s more specific to that mission

1 Like

thank you for replying the mission is called the renegade

1 Like

Okay for the renegade one easy tip, take a shard generator(AT LEAST ONE, if you each have one then the more the merrier.) take your time between points and collect all the shards you can and you should be able to buy plenty of turrets/traps

before you start the points you can buy turrets and traps.
Turrets-I go thumper all the way
Traps-flash or temporal are your friends

Seriously though, buildables will help make it much more manageable.

2 Likes

ok thank you. are there any characters that are considered great for story missions? I have used this Montana guy, a soldier guy I think is called Oscar? something like that, and a ninja guy who seemed good but maybe not for me

1 Like

For the renegade you can manage with most any character, Kleese is a god of defense objectives, and he can make boss fights short with his “rift network” helix at level 4 and his “put down an extra rift” at level 6 I’ll try to find a video for you real quick on youtube

2 Likes

@taaniul

Here’s 4 kleese’s versus warlord nix on the voids edge

https://youtu.be/DOfT-fI0ii4

Now I’ll walk you through how they set it up, they put the rifts down where they touched, the first one is normal, second double, third triple, and fourth quadruple. But it doesn’t adjust the power after it was placed(if your quadruple powered rift is all that’s left it’ll stay quadruple power)

So after your fourth rift when you try to place a fifth it will replace your first rift with a quadruple powered one. Do this until you replace the first 3 rifts and you have a kill zone(they don’t have collision either so you can stack them on top of each other to make a perfect kill circle)

I don’t understand what happened really but i get the idea I think. if i wanted to do it solo would kleese still be good? or is he better as part of a team? sorry for all the questions, we only got it because it was very cheap, it seems interesting although the walking speed is annoying lol

Kleese can do just fine solo, but I’ll tag some of the other folks to cast the net wider

@wisecarver
@nbrownlie237

Any tips for a new guy?

2 Likes

ok thanks for pointing some experienced guys my way! and thanks for your help

2 Likes

no problem, they’ll likely bring others as well

2 Likes

If you want and if you’re on PC,add me on steam (Ju5t1c3: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197962264986/ )
I got back on the game a week ago,expecting it to go f2p,added a crap tons of players to my friend list and I do a lot of PVE.
Got gold everywhere last year and I’m onto getting platinum everywhere since they added it. (I’m already crying about Heliophage advanced hardcore lul)

1 Like

What platform do you play on? I’d be happy to help if you’re on PS4.

My PSN is: Phoenix-2613

2 Likes

i’m on xbox unfortunately, but thank you both for the offer!

2 Likes

The Renegade is probably one of the most obnoxious levels out there. Montana and Reyna actually would be a damn good pick, if whoever you’re playing it with knows that they’re a support. They’re in charge of keeping you shielded (and healed, always take the heals on her booster at level 4), while you’re in charge of dishing out the damage. Montana is a pretty good pick even for solo PvE, as he gets good damage reduction which synergizes well with health regen.

I’d suggest finding a character you are comfortable with and sticking with them for a few missions, trying to work out gear builds/strategies. There’s a fair few guides lying around here.

Edit: Some basic strategies for both characters below.
Montana: He gets about 20% (I think) damage reduction while Hailstorm is active. You should pretty much be activating it as soon as it comes off cooldown. Lumberjack Dash is really useful for stunning enemies with shields, like Thrall Brutes, making them much easier to hit. Try to use your ult when you are surrounded as the damage + Knockup is really useful in large groups. Helices I use are: 1.Left, 2. Middle, 3. Left, 4. Left, 5. Right, 6. Left, 7. Right, 8. Left, 9. Left, 10. Left. In terms of gear try to focus on Max Health, Health Regen and Attack Damage.

Reyna: Priority Target is useful for getting extra damage on enemies with large amounts of health, like bosses. The helix at level 2 where her secondary attack homes in on Priority Target is extremely useful. Her Overshield can be used effectively to rescue a near-death teammate, while also giving her a bit of survivability. You can either save the shield until you really need them, or you can fire them off at will - it works well either way. You can pop her ult over or near a defense objective, effectively protecting it from fire for a short period of time. Helices I use are: 1. Left, 2. Left, 3. Left, 4. Left, 5. Left, 6. Left, 7. Right, 8. Left, 9. Right, 10. Right. Gear would be Cooldown Reduction, Health Regen, and either Heal Power or Attack Damage, depending on whether you want to focus on support or DPS.

For The Renegade, try to get as many shards as you can. Build as many turrets/traps as you can in the last defense point, preferably during the countdown before the wave starts. Then you can sit inside right next to the point and sustain fire on the two choke points in the doorways. Thumper Turrets and Temporal Traps both will help slow enemies down, allowing you more time to finish them off. Enemies will occasionally drop in behind you, but this doesn’t happen often and you can usually just pick them off quickly or leave them to your turrets.

1 Like

Add me on Xbox and I’ll help you out when I can. GT is Genericktag.

3 Likes

Same here! Always down for helping out newer players.

1 Like

my advice would be Montana or Isic and sick by the point you need to protect. Both characters are big enough to block any enemies from getting past you if you sit in the entrance. learn when to use Montana’s frostbite to keep your minigun cool and stay in Isic’s Ult for as long as you can, its super powerful.
Also, try doing it solo because being in a group makes the enemies obnoxiously hard.

Montana and Reyna are a great boss killing team but not a good wave clearing team. They both primarily attack a single target at a time. This can make a defense mission like the renegade difficult because you want to clear large groups quickly. Kleese has kinda become my go to for story missions because he is just so good at it. Especially defense missions like the renegade or the experiment. You are going to have to do it with him at least once anyway if you want to unlock all of his lore. If he is not your style then Galilea or Ernest are both good at clearing groups while at the same time having good survivability. Galilea from close range and Ernest from mid range.

I hope this helps. You can add me on Xbox and you can hit me up for tips. I don’t play as much unless I get invited to a game so invite me sometime and I will give you a hand. My gamer tag is ClkwrkCuttlfish.

1 Like