New two button adapter for DualShock4

Not sure if any of yall have purchased it, but I had my wife get for my birthday.

I would say it is well worth the $30. Set up left to slide and right for AS so I can keep my fingers on the triggers. It took about 2 days to get used to it, but once you remember the buttons are there, it starts to shine.

Anyone else try it yet?

1 Like

I was thinking of getting one so I can enjoy Zane again, and I guess attack command without missing a beat.
I don’t see how people did that 100mph stuff on consul.

1 Like

I usually have aim tied to L1 and fire to R1 but I swapped to L2/R2 and 1st AS is R1 and Slide to L1 and remapped to those buttons. Took a little bit to get used to it, but after a while I enjoyed not having to consistently take fingers off aim/fire.

Also it changed the way I held my controller to better use the buttons. Hope I don’t get arthritis anytime soon :rofl:

1 Like

I would just remap the d-pad buttons to the new buttons and let the D-pad be a weapon wheel again.

I’m really thinking about getting one of those adapters, but first a new controller must be bought. My old ones are almost dead.

1 Like

I wore out my left joystick from dog fighting in AC7,… I started playing BL3 and realized I could not walk backwards. Had to bite the bullet as well days after BL3 release.

1 Like

Using my thumbs, index fingers and a middle finger to get those airborne/sliding crits is why I’m considerinh one and PlayStation now owes you a commission.

2 Likes

My left analog sticks get more and more loose and “clicky”, which makes them feel like old PS1 analog sticks. I think that 1 still works fine, but it feels off. The other one just feels awful and doesn’t register everything anymore. But they did their job for over 4.5 years, so I can’t really complain too much.

1 Like

Complete convert to back buttons myself just lately. Have 4 of them on my Nacon and really would struggle going back to being without them now. Hoping that PS5 controller will have 4 for the back too. 2 doesn’t quite cut it for a lot of games imho.

Particularly nice to get rid of that clunky L3 (or R3) action. I have sprint (L3), crouch/slide(O) and jump (X) mapped to the back and only need to remove a thumb from a stick for pickups/reloads and that only because of a choice not to overcomplicate things too much for myself. Makes a LOT of difference.

I still can’t shoot for toffee but man my Zane is a slick little mover right now. :grin:

1 Like