Hi, I am sort of new to BL2 started playing a few weeks ago and a few days ago moved to TVHM. I am not exactly struggling but I am wondering if I am doing it wrong.
Here are a few facts:
- I play Zer0 and put almost all skill points into Sniper tree.
- Currently Lv39 (but most equipment is lower)
- Current TVHM: A Dam Fine Rescue - just past the Mad Dog (?)
- Is lv39 ~the right level for that mission? I feel most enemies are giving me a much harder time than I expect for their level (or is that normal in TVHM)? Or should I do some sidequests (I skipped all of them for now).
Background: I read posts about not to switch to TVHM too late to avoid ending above Lv50 which is bad for UVHM because of poor equipment. I was already Lv37 in the middle of TinyTina DLC and decided to interrupt and do TVHM first. (I had done 2 headhunter missions also Torgue and Marcus, but no other DLC).
Once started, I “rushed” through the TVHM main quests, avoiding to collect EXP where not necessary but upleveled 2 times fairly quickly, not doing any side quests. Now in the Bloodshot stronghold I find the enemies quite strong, requiring lots of ammo to defeat, need much more grenades etc. Drop into FFYL more frequently and MadDog (was lv40) one-shot-killed me 3 times.
It’s not that of a big deal, but I am wondering how much harder it will get or if I should uplevel first at least a bit and do a sidequest or 2 before doing the next story mission.
- Equipment: I am having a hard time finding useful equipment. Most of my equipement is L35-37 and the higher level equipment I find at the moment is still worse. Almost none of them have elemental damage or are otherwise worse than the low-level stuff I have. I had the impression that I had found better loot at those stages during my normal walkthrough and I don’t get the corresponding quality loot at the higher level now. Is this normal? Or is it maybe because I am not doing sidequests and they have the good loot?
Also even though I fight now a lot of Badass and Super Badass enemies, they hardly ever drop anything and if so, it is usually white and useless. They don’t even drop much Eridium any more?
Even Minibosses (like Boom&Bewm, Mad Dog and others don’t seem to drop much, I think I got one blue drop which was not even that good at one time).
Any suggestions to get better equipment?
Also some threads suggest to do the side-quests as late as possible to get the highest level version of the rewards. But I am not sure at what point the side-quest reward level gets “locked in” (I did not accept any side quests, they are all “undiscovered”). So I am not sure what to do.
What about E-Tech weapons? Apart from the Dr. Zed quest in Three Horns Divide, I never came across another E-tech weapon. I really liked the temporary assault rifle, but it DOES disappear from inventory when you “Save&Quit” even if you wait to turn in the quest. (You can still turn in the quest without the item.) Are they so rare?
- Assault Rifles
I can’t seem to find a useful assault rifle. In my entire normal playthrough I found only two, sort-of useful ARs, the Caustic Grenadier, which was a bit hard getting used to but then had it’s moments (not too many, though) and a bit later I found a blue (rarity) shock assault rifle (forgot the name), which had a decent fire rate when zoomed and sufficient accuracy and damage (IIRC ~450 damage at the time), but its now outleveled. Most ARs I find now have horrible accuracy, no autofire or otherwise poor firing rates AND poor damage. My SMGs all seem better in all aspects all the time.
Just for Ammo diversity I would like to at least find one decent AR. Any suggestions? Maybe they are not for Zer0?