Newest update questions

A couple of stupid questions since I’ve been AWOL for a while now:

1. How do I make sure Steam has updated my game to the latest version? I’m looking in “Homeworld\HomeworldRM\Data” at this moment and only one of the big files is newer than March of this year.
  2. What tool do I need to decrypt the BIG files and start editing? Or can I just use SpookyRAT like in the old days?
  1. Check \DataUpdates, the base .big files in \Data don’t change as far as I know

2. I don’t know if spookyrat is still a good option or not, but I recommend https://github.com/Xercodo/XUnpack/releases as an alternative. Very nicely batch-unpacks the files and decrypts them if needed.

The .big files in Data will change - and the DataUpdates will go away, once the ‘delta’ is large enough to justify just merging it all down again… probably somewhere around losing the beta tag.

4 Likes

Why do no race mods work now. Is it because of the new Random HW1 And Random HW2 races breaking some race mods or something else?

Same reason as everything else? Those mods were done using an old system, changing/hacking old files… ?

2 Likes

The way information about races is stored changed, so until mods are updated to use the new system the game can’t know about what the mod is adding.

1 Like

The entire mechanism and file structure for defining a new race has been changed.

1 Like

OK, I have no idea what I’m doing. Someone needs to go through and explain the gamerule script updating steps one at a time.

:frowning: