Hi, as title suggest, I have sound with the game launcher but nothing once game loads (during 2k logo, etc.)
Ive scoured the internet and tried many solutions including all the steps below but nothing worked.
I play on windows 10 Alienware with updated drivers.
- Verify your game cache
· Load Steam.
· From the Library section, right-click on the game and select “Properties” from the menu.
· Select the “Local files” tab and click the “Verify integrity of game cache” button.
· Steam will match the local files to the cloud files, and fix any errors it encounters.
*2. Reinstall DirectX *
· In the Steam installation folder of the game you’re having trouble with, there will be typically be a DirectX setup package.
· Example file path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Redist\DirectXRedistCutdown
· Find and run DXSETUP.exe
- Additional Software retrieval
· Navigate to your game’s steam folder – there will typically be another Redist folder.
· Example file path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Borderlands 2\Binaries\Redist
· In this folder you will find one or more VcRedist installation packages. Run each of them!
· You should also see a file called dotNETFx40_Client_x86_x64.exe. Run it!
· During the installation of the VcRedist files, once again you may be prompted to either ‘uninstall’ or ‘repair’ them. Choose ‘repair’ in that case.
· After you installed all the files, please reboot the computer (mandatory)
Updating your Audio/Video Drivers
Most PC issues can be easily resolved by updating your Audio & Video Drivers. Here’s a few links to help you with that.