No Battleplan : 05/11/17

I think it was more the “be careful how you phrase things” card, but i can’t speak for Eden. There is absolutely nothing wrong with thinking, even SAYING, that others should be nicer; just be careful HOW you say it. That’s all i meant, and hope you didn’t take it as an attack, because that isn’t what i intended at all. I prefer posting the following gif when advocating kindness towards one another, and you are wecome to it, if desired:

If you’ll excuse me, i’m off to bed now, because i start expressing my views in an EXTREMELY philosophical and political way when i am tired, and it greatly unsettles me; i don’t wish to taint my other thread with this so very un-toby like mindset…

Uh… i mean…

#YOU’RE ALL GONNA DIE, LOSERS!! AHAHAHAHAHA!!

EDIT: Also, @Vicks_Toire, i see you liking my post… Don’t forget to fill out my questionnaire, because i think you and Tobes would be VERY compatible on account of the whole “genius” thing. Math your way to Toby’s heart!

3 Likes

@HandsomeCam Okay your words of wisdom are too strong for me to comprehend, in a excellent way (not a bad way). So I’ll leave it at that. I have lots I want to say, but now know I will not win this battle. I’ll settle with just silently cringing at the forums, but I’m positive the next battleplan won’t upset anyone and then I won’t have to…well… be upset either! :grin: PS: Its only been like 3 months but it has felt like longer so I get it unless you meant to exaggerate then cancel what I just said. EEEK

1 Like

If you fail to Battleplan, you Battleplan to fail!

8 Likes

To me the way the Battleplan was handled showed a pretty blatant disregard for the playerbase. Obviously the entire team isn’t at fault, but whoever decided that not only would there not be a Battleplan but that they wouldn’t even bother to give an explanation on their own forum or give a heads up in advance and instead just release a tweet an hour after the Battleplan was supposed to come out needs to seriously reevaluate their strategy. I give a lot of credit to @Jythri for stepping up and doing what he can to communicate with us in an effort to ease our concerns but a lot of us were on edge already and frustrated with the lack of progress lately so to some the disregard shown by the handling of this Battleplan was a last straw type of situation. I’ve played nearly every day since the game came out, but I downloaded Yooka-Laylee after reading that tweet and I don’t intend to return to Battleborn until I see some actual progress. The reason people are being “rude” as you put it is that we love this game and we’re extremely frustrated watching the population drop and queue times rise when we believe more can be done in the interim to help it. We’re trying to push the staff toward what we believe to be the right direction to keep this game alive for as long as possible. Preaching patience isn’t “sane” when patience or more accurately a lack of progress is leading to a decreasing population, it’s an acceptance of the game’s demise.

8 Likes

As a PC player, this is the nail in the coffin for me.

Since the Winter update I always tried to complete the quests at least (didn’t miss a single day). Several weeks ago I had 2 quests with ultimate kills and completed them in 1 match (with Orendi) after waiting for 3 hours (was lucky enough that 2 Americans joined the EU server). And suddenly the Ultimate Kill quests reappeared so quickly once again. And today I got that 10 Platinum one too. Which means I can’t complete a single quest in Bots Battle/Missions and that means I can’t play this game anymore, because… Why would I? Right now I’m sitting in a Quick Match queue with another random person for 42 minutes now. And I need at least 8 more… Oh, and as I’m writing - he left. So I’m all alone now once again. Yeah. Well Quake Champions will get even more time from me then.

t.y. GBX for fixing this minor bug! Not. Love those unfinishable quests! Not.

11 Likes

That wasnt a constructive comment.

3 Likes

Mercy is your ultimate ready? We need it revive the dead battle plan and maybe the game. Please

4 Likes

As a Mercy main, I find this offensive. It’s always the Mercy that’s killed first so she can’t rez :cry:

Mercy main btw

2 Likes

I stand with @lolattheseforums, the post wasn’t harmful and I get an ulcer each time a simple post here in the Gbox forums gets flagged. Aren’t we adults?

11 Likes

It actually has me worried about @MereAtGBX and @JoeKGBX - hopefully the “hiatus” doesn’t mean Gearbox is shifting funding away from community support roles.

6 Likes

Is it safe to say PS4 is dead? Queue times got even longer yesterday (15 minutes to 30 for QM)

3 Likes

@jalenjones92

A little bit slower now in the off hours, but NOWHERE NEAR dead!

i felt the difference in queues yesterday. :frowning:

2 Likes

First, when you do have a concern with the moderation staff or an adjudication we always ask that you bring it up to us in the form of a PM.

One of the reasons we tend to state when a post was a no-go is to deter others from responding in posts with a reciprocal level of irrelevance to the topic, and often laden with insults or ad hominems.

Please also do remember that the moderation staff do have a record of your flag history, and find it peculiar when users rally for some one’s right to say something in a dismissive or in a rude tone, and yet more than half of said users flagged such posts when it concerned them.

If anything we mods, who are nothing but users with the roles of ushers ourselves, tend to find that behavior confusing.

I can assure you of the following. If I were to write; ‘Posts like these make me hate being a mod’. I’d not be a mod for very long. Do you know why that is? Because it’s completely unnecessary. It in no way speaks to the subject of the matter, provides no context or information, but rather offers nothing more than an attempt to shut down some one’s statement with nothing more than a dismissal of it.

The majority of the internet is opinion and insults masquerading as discussion and tact, and we try quite hard not to let that happen here.

Aren’t we?

I’m asking genuinely. Are we not?

Are we not adults capable of discussing matters, regardless of whatever emotional weight we have personally assigned to it ourselves with a degree of civility and decorum?

Are we not adults, who have developed and now operate with the necessary faculties with allow us to disagree and attack the point without attacking the promoter of said point?

Are we not adults who often operate in such a manner in the real world, and feel it a moral obligation to show the same capacity on an internet forum if for nothing more than consistency of character?

The capability to waddle through the unnecessary and often soporific dismissals we ‘flag’ on a daily basis is not a symbol of our maturity. It is nothing more than giving in to a certain infantalism inherent in all of us since the time we asked why we couldn’t have ice cream for dinner.

Hope that helps you guys in understand why us mods do, what we do.

14 Likes

So take this with a pinch of salt and test as appropriate, but I appear to have managed to clear those primarily by playing in Bots Battle? I don’t participate in PvP much and, when I do, I’m generally not very good (atrocious K/D ratio). But, I no longer have ANY of those in my list. I do know that certain characters’ ultimate skill kills don’t seem to register in Bots Battle, but it seems that others do. Worth trying different characters, anyway, just to see if it works for you.

If you could share your knowledge of working ults.

1 Like

Not sure how to reply to all concerned, but I can meet the requirement with Isic, but only in regular PVP. Never been able to do it in Bots Battle. Just got KO’s on five or six in Bots and it didn’t count.

Here it comes :grinning:
Gonna set a record

Not yet :smirk:

#Battleplans: The Experience

Next week, we’ll be shifting the focus onto you guys with an expanded look at the community. We may even have a reward or two for you. Make sure to catch up with us next week!

Then next week comes and…

Last week we talked about doing an expanded look at the Battleborn community. We still plan to do that in the near future, but we thought this week might be better served by discussing an important change to the Battleplan.

That change was basically to announce a bi-weekly schedule. We also get a "general and subject to change list of characters that MAY or MAY NOT be changed in some way.

As some of you may know, Battleborn’s anniversary is next week. We’d like to take this time to deliver our heartfelt thanks to you, the players. We’re thrilled that you’ve enjoyed playing Battleborn so much over the last year. You’ve taken Battleborn the game and turned it into a tight-knit community. We can’t tell you how much we’ve enjoyed watching that community coalesce and grow! Your support and feedback has shaped Battleborn into what it is today, and is continuing to shape it now.
Let’s commemorate the occasion with a Legendary Loot Pack! You can unlock it with the SHiFT code below!

2 Weeks later we get this; a rehash of the info from 2 weeks ago basically, AND an “oh anniversary coming up here’s ONE (1) Legendary Lootpack Bye”

The Battleplan is currently on hiatus. Stay tuned - we’re working hard on a big update and will have more to share in the coming weeks!

Then we get this an hour late past the usual update time for the Battleplan.

I want somebody to defend this type of behavior. Why should I have faith in the words and promises of a company that treats their community as an afterthought?

14 Likes