No Battleplan : 05/11/17

They don’t use kettles in the US, so that’s not going to work, I’m afraid :stuck_out_tongue:

Apparently they microwave their water or something? I don’t know. Weird place.

8 Likes

Most US people also aren’t awake now since it’s the middle of the night, so a walk after our microwaved tea won’t work either. At least not in my area, unless you want to get mugged.

1 Like

When a company spends a huge amount of money on a game and tries everything it can to make it successful but then decides to give up on it then you know the game is done. You as a gamer may lose a game you love but the developers and publishers have lost a lot more than gamers ever will. Battleborn will survive now only if the gamers support it as it stands otherwise slowly but week after week we still see a slow reduction in player numbers and at some point it may go into critical collapse. PC first, then Xbox, the PS4.

6 Likes

Called it :grin:

2 Likes

As players we really only have three options. We can sit there and say “this is fine” while we watch everything around us burn to the ground, we can get out of the house (which is what the majority of people have done), or we can try our best to douse the flame. Those expressing their frustration are trying to douse the flame, but unfortunately we don’t have the tools to do so. More accurately, we’re trying to make a plea to the people who do have the tools (Gearbox are firemen in this analogy) to express the urgency of the situation. Many of us tried to make that plea a while ago, but were drowned out by a chrous of “this is fine” and thus the firemen saw no urgency and allowed the problems to persist unreasonably long. Most people got out of the house. Months later, the fire somehow hasn’t consumed the entirety of the building but the imminent danger has become nearly impossible to ignore. If it makes you personally feel better to tell yourself “this is fine,” you’re fully entitled to that but you should also understand that while it’s clearly well intended, that mentality is actively harmful and detrimental to the success of the game. Progress needs to be made and patience can’t reasonably be requested when these issues are time sensitive as people are abandoning the game over them.

(This post wasn’t supposed to be in reply to the specific post it links to, can’t figure out if there’s a way to fix that in edit but it’s in the right topic so it doesn’t matter too much)

10 Likes

Hm. That is a good suggestion, I’ll take that in to account.

Perhaps I just have more confidence in the abilities of our users than you have in your students? But, a valuable input none the less.

If you wouldn’t mind, I’m going to need this post to explain something relevant to what has been going on in the thread.

Also, I’ll make certain to keep it concise and simple.

^Forum Rule #3.

Posts in a thread must remain on topic, and this rule in enforced. Consistent off-topic remarks, after a request by the moderators/staff/users to please remain on topic, is actually a violation of forum policy.

Do not confuse moderator attempts to explain/enforce rules (often done in public so as to reach more than a user at a time) as the beginning of a free for all.

For example; EdenSophia’s constructive critique on language would’ve better served as a PM.

The issue with putting them up on a thread, especially as a response to a call for civility, would be that it may lead others to mistakenly believe that you’re doing so to detract from the conversation and fuel your own ego, than to actually present a concern to the moderation staff.

And it is best to avoid that confusion in general.

So, remember;

If your message only regards one user, that is what PMs are for!

Hope that helps!

4 Likes

Eden is talkin’ smart-like, we ain’t got no “sissy pots” in 'Merica! Them micro-roni-waves is 2 fancy also! I use a tyre-fyre to cook MY water!

8 Likes

I’m in US, and I have a tea kettle. Well, more specifically, I have a looseleaf tea steeper, and a separate electric water kettle boiler for heating water to a very specific temperature. I might be a bit of a tea snob.

Mariage Freres Marco Polo, FTW.

10 Likes

Actually my family keeps a kettle on the wood stove to keep the air from getting too dry at night. And before I moved out I’d brew willow bark tea every night

2 Likes

Looks at profile pic of Marquis.

Seems legit!

9 Likes

I’m American. We use the heat coming off of the barrels of our guns or monster truck engines or we deep fry it.

13 Likes

We have kettles in the UK, but surprisingly, not EVERY Brit likes tea :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

True, that. Likewise, I know a number of Welshmen who are completely tone deaf and incapable of carrying a tune. :scream: National stereotypes are not necessarily true!

3 Likes

There are americans…who don’t like guns and bacon…

9 Likes

There are… U r joking right? This cant be true o.o tv never lies!!

5 Likes

No, those people are “commies” in 'Merica… :smirk:

7 Likes

Well, at least the ones who don’t like bacon are “commies.”

4 Likes

EXCUSE ME? I’ll have you know that my household (and a good many 'round here) actually do use kettles. Electric ones are preferred, of course, but old school stove top kettle is in use at the mother-in-law’s home at least.

Spending time in Russia really sold me on these things…

6 Likes

Huh. Hm

2 Likes

This man speaks the truth. Tea is good.

If you can afford it…

3 Likes