No Battleplan : 05/11/17

Just whatever you do, do NOT EVEN OPEN A PAGE FOR OVERWATCH GENERAL FORUMS!

I am warning you guys, the Toxicity is well…

Replace Mediclhorians with toxicity. Thats all I can say.

4 Likes

We have a rather big group of Overwatch-players posting in the Off-topic section, and Overwatch-topic too.

Most OW-talk happens in the Random-Talk-thread and game-thread though.

Feel free to post anything regarding OW in a seperate topic in the correct section.

Just leaving a link and advertising it in a topic that is a discussion about the lack of a Battleplan is simply off-topic.

2 Likes

They’re repeating a pattern of behavior in which try don’t address core issues in a timely manner and they continually demonstrate that they don’t understand the importance of balancing by treating it as something that can be done every few months while major imbalances linger.

Do you think they did Battleplans out of the kindness of their hearts? They’re an attempt to keep the community engaged and the lack of fixes had decimated engagement.

3 Likes

You really should remove Overwatch topics completely here. It’s gotta be against the rules.

1 Like

Oddly enough, it’s not. As long as it’s in an appropriate section, and individual posts stay within the forum rules, you can discuss OW, Heroes of the Storm, Paladins, …

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:
Emojis alone are not enough for this one. I need words to point out that the bolding is my doing because that’s some seriously funny sh*t! I’m out of breath and have stomach cramps as I write this because I’ve been laughing sooooo hard.:smile_cat:

6 Likes

You laugh, but I have done exactly that (having got completely turned around in a nasty encounter). Naturally, the enemy turrets showed me the error of my ways soon enough…

7 Likes

And that’s what makes it soo funny because it’s probably happened to all of us at one point or another. And it’s ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS to watch because you know what is happening and you want to feel bad but you can’t help yourself from cracking up!:smile_cat:

6 Likes

I fully expect I’ll do it again. The other day, I based my fleeing in meltdown on the direction the blue minions were headed. Except they then turned around and headed in the same direction as me. Apparently, they’d turned to fight someone or something that had got behind them, and were now resuming their death march towards the enemy camp. As Charlie Brown would say, “Auuuuuuuuuuuuugh!”

6 Likes

It is funny unless it’s one of your teammates. :stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously, navigating the maps can be the worst when you start to panic and that’s one thing you can learn best outside of the real PvP imho when panic doesn’t happen that much.

2 Likes

They’re fully capable of nerfing the duration of Beatrix’s silence, the cooldown of her Fulminate ability, the damage amplification totals on Bola’s Target Finder, etc. in a hotfix. The reality is these are issues that have not been addressed in a timely manner.

2 Likes

How do you know this to be a fact? Are you a secret Gearbox employee w/ insider information? If not then what is your source?

2 Likes

Do you have any experience in coding? If so you should know that adding a small change can screw everything for their future patch.

They would need to hot fix then make sure it doesnt bug anything if it does they would need to patch the patch.

Also man power, they probably lost a lot of man power with the current status, so slower fixes should be expected.

Read Jythri’s quoted explanation of what can be done in a hotfix in the very post I responded to. If that isn’t enough for you, read this post by Jythri on the reddit in which he acknowledges that Beatrix’s silence can be adjusted in a hotfix but they simply don’t want to monitor it currently.

3 Likes

@j_kay_13 @studdugie

There’s an easy way to check to see if these can be changed in a hotfix or not. Check previous Battleplans. If they’ve been tweaked without a major patch in the notes than it’s server information that can be changed anytime they want.

2 Likes

So it’s perfectly acceptable for major issues making the game less fun to not be addressed for six months then? Tell that to all the people who have stopped playing because they were sick of this game’s balance issues. I’m not trying to paint it as a simple flip the switch type of thing, but I’m also not eager to brush aside major issues that are causing people to quit the game. These aren’t sudden issues I’m demanding be addressed immediately, these have lingered for months.

To be fair @Jythri may have acknowledged that the numbers could be tweaked, but they’ve also said they’re looking into changing the mechanics of her silence for a better fix. That’s probably something that requires a full patch.

2 Likes

Correct, that’s explained in the post I linked above. They don’t want to implement a temporary fix to alleviate the problem that they would then revert with the update so they’ve elected to simply let the problem linger and watch people quit the game because some of these issues just sap the fun out of it. I’m watching people quit, queue times rise, and I’m questioning that strategy.

3 Likes

Nothing better than ghalt hooking from east or west on an incursion map (rather than north to south) and seeing the enemy player desperately take off post-hook the WRONG direction. Haha…

1 Like