No Battleplan : 05/11/17

Yeah, and much love for the dude, but that’s been this whole other ball o’ wax with BL since MP PvP is (rightly) an afterthought. Again, I don’t care if my opponent in BB used some not-really-allowed means to get his/her gear, if it’s something that can be farmed anyway. Let 'em. I get that a lot of hardcore PvP players see this as a problem. But Borderlands has always been about PvE; dueling was likely used in BL2 more often to exploit something (silly forum rules!) than for its intended purpose. Over 1600 hours into BL2, and I’ve never dueled. Never used the PvP in any Borderlands game.

Battleborn is the way you describe because it’s PvP-focused. I get that. PvE is important, but it’s honestly Battleborn’s number two priority. It’s a PvP game. And for that reason, gear or not, internet connectivity is a must. They made decisions about what’s handled serverside and clientside on that basis first, and this is all sensible. But that, in turn, RUINED the solo PvE experience any time my ping went above 80ms.

If BL3 goes that serverside-heavy route for whatever reason, it sacrifices PvE any time someone’s connection goes weak. Hell, it’s a gob of spit in the face of Australia.

I’m sure there’s good reason beyond ill-gotten gear that Battleborn players couldn’t local-host themselves for solo PvE. I can imagine a few. But it still hurt BAD. And if that comes to pass with BL3, it’s gonna be tragic. For a mainly PvE experience, offline playability is an absolute must.

3 Likes

What I find sad is, that the community still stands behind BB and would love to improve it, but GBX doesn’t see the chance in this by taking our opionions or giving us opportunity to help design the game a bit.

2 Likes

I believe that’s it for me, personally. Tried playing recently but for whatever reason my connection here isn’t as good as where I used to live, so landing that Ghalt hook is damn near impossible. Not just that, but the games don’t feel as enjoyable as they used to. I enter a game, know exactly what I’m getting into (especially with a bad connection), our team stays pushed against our first sentry for 10+ minutes with 0 progress whatsoever. It’s not enjoyable, I get no excitement from it anymore. This is a personal experience though. Having played other games including Overwatch and Paladins (and a few more), I just get much more of a thrill, it’s quick, it’s random and it’s near instant gratification.

My issue isn’t only with the game itself now, it’s with this whole update process. I had a very strong feeling that once the main DLC came out, nothing would follow. Updates would become slower, sure, but I never predicted that much needed fixes would be left to the side. I also knew from the first Battleplan that it would not continue at a consistent pace. They would slow down, they would lack content, then they would stop.

From the Beta, I had high hopes. It was incredibly fun at the time. I purchased the Deluxe edition without a moments hesitation and I was just as hyped for its release as I was for Borderlands 2. I just didn’t think I’d be giving it up THIS early. This is probably my last post. I’ll still be observing from time to time though. Wishing BB all the best.

6 Likes

The point is that a lot of people are worrying too much. Like if this is that important to you that you’re being rude to others or complaining without getting anywhere, you’ve got a problem. It’s not like GBX did anything to anyone. People are acting like they were attacked and like GBX staff deserve their nasty comments (they don’t). I like how my comments get criticized but really I’m the only one being sane. Also, “ignorant” is a strong word to use but alright. I didn’t really mean what you had quoted to be offensive. I’m not ignorant, for I’m talking to the people who are being immature, not you. Once again I was confronted for trying make others be kinder? image :confused: Gifs help express how I’m currently feeling.

Although it is not a view that i personally share, the main reason that people are upset can be found within the above qoute, if you remove the last two words…

No, they’re not; they are acting like people who have been told to “be patient” for the last 6 months. Perhaps you have more patience than most, but that doesn’t mean everyone else does or SHOULD.

That is your opinion, and while you are most definitely entitled to it, you must recognize it for what it is: The minority opinion. Whenever you voice a minority opinion as the “sane” one among a group of upset people who share the OPPOSITE opinion to yours, you can expect some backlash…

Strong? Yes. Accurate? In my own opinion, considering the subject matter; ALSO yes. What exactly DID you mean by “other stuff”?

Unfortunately, what we mean and what we imply don’t always jive; it happens to us all, and is understandable.

I would say that labeling others as “immature” and “triggered” simply because you either do not understand, or simply disagree with them, is ignorant. I think generalizing everyone (which you have been by saying things like “all” and the like) upon the actions of a few, is ignorant. You are, of course, welcome to disagree…

Yes, because people seem to find your methods of doing so inappropriate and offensive; good intent but bad execution, as it were.

Agreed:

18 Likes

Complains about rudeness, then claims to be the only sane poster in the entire topic

18 Likes

This^ is pretty much what i meant, minus the run-on explanations. Thank you, Eden. :grin:

4 Likes

I’m sorry I upset you, thanks for breaking down my paragraph like I was personally attacking you, which I wasn’t. Kinda wasn’t nice.

1 Like

You didn’t upset me; merely mildly annoyed me. As to “personally attacking me”, i did not get that vibe at all, and segmented my post to address the various elements of it.

On an unrelated note, i liked your old profile picture better, because i thought it was funny; variety IS the spice of life though…

6 Likes

Okay me saying I’m being sane may’ve been a little over the top, but I was only referring to a small amount of people who’s posts weren’t nice towards GBX. Aren’t we all at fault if you’re gonna pull the complaing about complaining card on me? :disappointed:

3 Likes

Okay very confused and thanks I kinda liked that one better too so I’ll just change it back. :smile_cat:

1 Like

I think it was more the “be careful how you phrase things” card, but i can’t speak for Eden. There is absolutely nothing wrong with thinking, even SAYING, that others should be nicer; just be careful HOW you say it. That’s all i meant, and hope you didn’t take it as an attack, because that isn’t what i intended at all. I prefer posting the following gif when advocating kindness towards one another, and you are wecome to it, if desired:

If you’ll excuse me, i’m off to bed now, because i start expressing my views in an EXTREMELY philosophical and political way when i am tired, and it greatly unsettles me; i don’t wish to taint my other thread with this so very un-toby like mindset…

Uh… i mean…

#YOU’RE ALL GONNA DIE, LOSERS!! AHAHAHAHAHA!!

EDIT: Also, @Vicks_Toire, i see you liking my post… Don’t forget to fill out my questionnaire, because i think you and Tobes would be VERY compatible on account of the whole “genius” thing. Math your way to Toby’s heart!

3 Likes

@HandsomeCam Okay your words of wisdom are too strong for me to comprehend, in a excellent way (not a bad way). So I’ll leave it at that. I have lots I want to say, but now know I will not win this battle. I’ll settle with just silently cringing at the forums, but I’m positive the next battleplan won’t upset anyone and then I won’t have to…well… be upset either! :grin: PS: Its only been like 3 months but it has felt like longer so I get it unless you meant to exaggerate then cancel what I just said. EEEK

1 Like

If you fail to Battleplan, you Battleplan to fail!

8 Likes

To me the way the Battleplan was handled showed a pretty blatant disregard for the playerbase. Obviously the entire team isn’t at fault, but whoever decided that not only would there not be a Battleplan but that they wouldn’t even bother to give an explanation on their own forum or give a heads up in advance and instead just release a tweet an hour after the Battleplan was supposed to come out needs to seriously reevaluate their strategy. I give a lot of credit to @Jythri for stepping up and doing what he can to communicate with us in an effort to ease our concerns but a lot of us were on edge already and frustrated with the lack of progress lately so to some the disregard shown by the handling of this Battleplan was a last straw type of situation. I’ve played nearly every day since the game came out, but I downloaded Yooka-Laylee after reading that tweet and I don’t intend to return to Battleborn until I see some actual progress. The reason people are being “rude” as you put it is that we love this game and we’re extremely frustrated watching the population drop and queue times rise when we believe more can be done in the interim to help it. We’re trying to push the staff toward what we believe to be the right direction to keep this game alive for as long as possible. Preaching patience isn’t “sane” when patience or more accurately a lack of progress is leading to a decreasing population, it’s an acceptance of the game’s demise.

8 Likes

As a PC player, this is the nail in the coffin for me.

Since the Winter update I always tried to complete the quests at least (didn’t miss a single day). Several weeks ago I had 2 quests with ultimate kills and completed them in 1 match (with Orendi) after waiting for 3 hours (was lucky enough that 2 Americans joined the EU server). And suddenly the Ultimate Kill quests reappeared so quickly once again. And today I got that 10 Platinum one too. Which means I can’t complete a single quest in Bots Battle/Missions and that means I can’t play this game anymore, because… Why would I? Right now I’m sitting in a Quick Match queue with another random person for 42 minutes now. And I need at least 8 more… Oh, and as I’m writing - he left. So I’m all alone now once again. Yeah. Well Quake Champions will get even more time from me then.

t.y. GBX for fixing this minor bug! Not. Love those unfinishable quests! Not.

11 Likes

That wasnt a constructive comment.

3 Likes

Mercy is your ultimate ready? We need it revive the dead battle plan and maybe the game. Please

4 Likes

As a Mercy main, I find this offensive. It’s always the Mercy that’s killed first so she can’t rez :cry:

Mercy main btw

2 Likes

I stand with @lolattheseforums, the post wasn’t harmful and I get an ulcer each time a simple post here in the Gbox forums gets flagged. Aren’t we adults?

11 Likes