No Battleplan : 05/11/17

How do you plan to market this potential upcoming free trial/free to play? “Hey everybody come play this game where we’ve literally chased away almost the entire population because we’ve refused to fix glaring issues for months at a time and don’t address balance in a remotely timely fashion.”

Good luck with that. Every day you don’t address these issues or do anything at all to improve the current state of the game makes it more and more difficult for the game to succeed after your update when the potential new (and even returning) players will be brought into an increasingly shrinking population. Your complete disregard for the current playerbase will have negative consequences on the future playerbase.

11 Likes

Let’s be realistic - they’re working night and day on BL3. And I’m sure an experimentation isn’t going to hurt it’s BL3 base.

3 Likes

What surprises me the most is how the tweet currently has 45 likes :confused:

3 Likes

Trust is a terrible thing to loose.

3 Likes

I was thinking the exact same thing

2 Likes

I just want to know the truth about the future. Well i am have given up already i guess.

What makes me so angry is, that I would understand it if it was a normal game developer being restricted by the publisher. But Gearbox try to be customer friendly and bonding with the community at first. And then for half a year not doing anything and not even telling about the future. I remember Jythri hinting something months ago, but I guess nobody is interested in the game anymore at GBX.

I mean it is obvious that they tried to rework the game and get out a new game mode to make it free to play and praise that it has so much content. And then charge even more money for skins or what would be worse new BB’s.

3 Likes

Hey! That’s my ©atchphrase.

Expect my lawyers to contact you shortly.

2 Likes

To an extent I agree but to an extent I disagree. This isn’t just GbX being censored. They could’ve just posted on the forum “No Battleplan” but instead use their official Twitter? That has nothing to do with censorship but more of a change in tone of their approach.

5 Likes

Haha, there’s probably a way larger amount of Gearbox fans MORE excited about this news than less excited. Unfortunately that is the reality of the situation.

1 Like

It’s been a bit quiet this past week on here and I was a bit worried with no updates or explanations. But I’m sure there is a reason for it and I’ll be waiting until it is shareable. However for people like me who get nervous about things easily a little bit of a hello or something would be nice. ^ ^;

Waves at Gearbox

Hope all is well and you guys aren’t too stressed about stuff.

4 Likes

I’m having to think about if I want to buy borderlands 3 and I love borderlands…but it seems like they drop the ball so often

No, going to twitter to announce it instead of their official forums says a lot about how they’re wanting to operate.

Only response I can think of is “Roger the ■■■■ that”

3 Likes

Excellent. This is the most amazing Battleplan for the year of the game. If they think they know how to make games, then let them think that we are playing them.

4 Likes

Yup. The approach lately has been outright insulting.

4 Likes

That is very sad. Battleborn is one of the games I had most fun since I started playing games.

It’s better than similar games. Way better.

But this kind of thing is killing it. No ■■■■■■■ attention given to people that like this game. Almost disrespectful.

Sad. Very, very sad. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

A lot can be done on reputation, for good or ill. A good reputation will carry you a while…a bad reputation will drag you down

How’s gearbox’s reputation for games besides borderlands? And I’m not even talking fault or blame, how many games have a terrible reputation with gearbox’s name associated with it?

5 Likes

I agree with you man.

It’s a ■■■■■ situation all around.

3 Likes

This is only fueling the fears I already expressed in the last Battleplan, unfortunatly. :confused:

1 Like

I will no longer buy your Gearbox games. I put you next to Sean Murray

3 Likes

The comments in this thread is probably why they didn’t bother putting the OFFICIAL news on their OFFICIAL forums.

“Ah, we know they’re gonna be btchin’ and moanin’…we don’t really wanna hear all their btchin’ and whinin’ and blah blah blah.”

So, I guess it makes sorta-kinda sense?

I don’t approve of it, but it does make a teeny-tiny bit of sense.

2 Likes

That strategy should synergize well with the player base since they’re also on hiatus…

(Ok, got that off my chest.)

I think I’ll stick with the occasional 10 mans from this point on with the small but fun group of people we’ve been playing with. Outside of that, this BP is where my patience officially hit its limit.

5 Likes